Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone says "If you've been drinking, get an Uber"...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Everyone says "If you've been drinking, get an Uber"...

Apr 1, 2019, 5:21 PM

Can't help but think this week if people who have been drinking are in any condition to even get in an Uber car. Sad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know better, but gotta ask...What are you talking about?***

Apr 1, 2019, 5:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a story local here in Columbia about a girl

Apr 1, 2019, 5:50 PM

being kidnapped and killed after getting into a car she apparently thought was her Uber ride, at 2 AM in Five Points. Just tragic.

Ah.

Apr 1, 2019, 5:57 PM

That is terrible. Most Uber drivers I've ever ridden with have verified me by name, and I've verified their make/model and license plate before I got in, even in various states of inebriation. Wonder if it was actually a crazed driver, or just somebody pulling game by calling out to people that looked like they were waiting on a cab.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I apologize...

Apr 1, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to I know better, but gotta ask...What are you talking about?*** ]

I just assumed most everyone would know about that story, as it's been huge here and on social media, and I saw in on national news sites. I should have made the reference in my original post, but I didn't necessarily want to make it about this specific girl and this event, but about what the situation made me think about.

Re: And I apologize...

Apr 1, 2019, 7:59 PM

Use your stats on this one and just know the world a little better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which stats?

Apr 1, 2019, 8:31 PM

I'd be interested in them if you have them.

Re: Which stats?

Apr 1, 2019, 10:33 PM

How many people have been killed by an Uber driver than a taxi.

You truly live under a #### rock if you think a taxi is safer than an Uber. And before you say it, you didn’t say that but you implied it.

I can 100% guarantee that collectively, my wife and I take more Uber’s than anyone here can sniff on this forum and it is without a doubt the safest way to travel.

Only a low level thinking individual with zero life experience would think differently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird flex, but okay***

Apr 2, 2019, 6:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Weird flex, but okay***

Apr 2, 2019, 11:25 AM

I did not mention taxis in any way.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Which stats? ]

You must have me confused with another poster or something.

Re: I did not mention taxis in any way.

Apr 2, 2019, 9:47 AM

It was me. All I said was that there's a level of safety that comes with the uniformity of taxis and this dolt got triggered like a toddler. I wasn't saying Ubers are bad.

Made for a fun thread, though.

I do not think Uber is unsafe.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Which stats? ]

I never said that, but just in case you think I said it, I wanted to clarify. I think Uber is generally safe.

Uber is not unsafe.

I don't have any problem with the safety of Uber.

Are we good?

Re: Everyone says "If you've been drinking, get an Uber"...

Apr 1, 2019, 7:55 PM

As much as we love new technology, there's a reason taxis are uniform in style. Uber and Lyft are more convenient, but also come with risk.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:06 PM

What? My wife jumps into her Uber I can track her from every minute of the trip.

Jump into a taxi and it’s up for grabs. Uber is way more efficient and safe. All the way around.

Moral of the story, match the license plate and name of the driver. If you are too drunk to do that, you are on your own

Yes, exactly.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:31 PM

In the conversation about alcohol and Uber, I wouldn't view Uber as the dangerous part.

Apr 1, 2019, 7:58 PM

Shut up

??

Apr 1, 2019, 8:28 PM

No.

so are you actually blaming the victim?

Apr 1, 2019, 8:50 PM

She obviously made a mistake, but let's not forget who committed the actual crime here.

No.

Apr 1, 2019, 9:08 PM

I don't know if this girl had been drinking at all.

I'm just saying, it made me think about yet another way alcohol can kill.

If you want to make Uber-loose (pun intended) correlations

Apr 1, 2019, 10:40 PM

Like that, couldn’t you be sitting there pondering the ways cell phones can kill? Since if she didn’t have a smart phone she couldn’t have called Uber.

Or maybe this is proof that GM shouldn’t have been bailed out.....if they were defunct his Impala never would have been manufactured.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you want to make Uber-loose (pun intended) correlations

Apr 1, 2019, 10:43 PM

Thank you for being smarter than I and articulating this better than myself.

I will head back out to Kid Rocks Kick ### Bar and make bad decisions.....AND HOPEFULLY not get killed by an Uber driver.

Dear Jesus.....you’re in my town....

Apr 1, 2019, 10:51 PM

And you’re hitting the celebrity tourist bars.....

When you hopping on the pedal pub? Don’t forget to pose in front of the “I believe in Nashville” mural for +10 Insta cool points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Jesus.....you’re in my town....

Apr 1, 2019, 11:00 PM

Pedal Pub is Wednesday. Slow your role. Ha ha ha!

Re: Dear Jesus.....you’re in my town....

Apr 1, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Dear Jesus.....you’re in my town.... ]

Had to let all the weirdos go to bed and now headed back out. Give me better places and I will go.

if You’re staying near downtown, at least get off broadway

Apr 1, 2019, 11:05 PM

And head over to printers alley. Skulls and bourbon st blues are two old school bars there that’ll probably be closed and replaced by boutique hotels the next time you come to nashville.

If you wanna stay on broadway, go all the way to the river and hit acme feed and seed.

Re: if You’re staying near downtown, at least get off broadway

Apr 1, 2019, 11:10 PM

At the Westin

Doxxing myself

Sure, one could think that.

Apr 2, 2019, 7:18 AM [ in reply to If you want to make Uber-loose (pun intended) correlations ]

That's just not what I thought of.

I believe it’s called confirmation bias.***

Apr 2, 2019, 9:43 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic