Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A New Grand Strategery
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

A New Grand Strategery

Jan 27, 2020, 10:04 AM

ok ok, we did not do so good against Louisville BUT ...

There are ELEVEN game left in the regular season

IF we win 10 out the next 11, we will finish with 20 game win regular season, a 14 and 6 record in Conference Play, and that's BEFORE the ACCT

Go deep in the ACCT, heck win the ACCT, and I believe its NCAAT invite

Now, this a season of "firsts", and Clemson has NEVER won the ACCT, why not this year ? I do not see any team that is a slam dunk for sure winner of the ACCT, so its wide open

Our new Grand Strategery is that the season actually begins tomorrow, Tuesday, against Syracuse. A good team but we have beaten them several times in the past. Syracuse does not like Clemson since there are no good places to eat, even though I think Rick Erwins Steak House is very good though pricy. They will be rattled even before the game begins because of perceived lack of wanted restaurants.

The Future In Now, let us all now march lock-step to Glory !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A New Grand Strategery

Jan 27, 2020, 10:09 AM

I'm not sure if you're serious based on the finish to your post but, every year we get these posts about the Clemson basketball team.

Usually they start off with "if we can go something and 4 or something and 5 we have a chance".

If we are already to the "if we can go something and 1" then we are in trouble.

Maybe we should start "if we get (insert record here) we might can make the NIT this season".

That seems a little more appropriate and reasonable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It takes the same amount of effort to think big as to think

Jan 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

small

NIT means Not In Tournament. Its equivalent to Participation Trophys in Youth League sports. I say come back with your shield on or on it. Death or Glory.

Defeat is not an option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It takes the same amount of effort to think big as to think

Jan 27, 2020, 11:17 AM

Those are all nice quotes to throw around, but your "plan" has our basketball team as a failure if they fall short of 10-1 and the NCAAT to finish the season.

I think we should have big plans for all of our sports teams for the future, but once you have seen the product on the field/court in a particular season you should adjust your plans accordingly.

This team isn't going 10-1 to finish even if they are playing their best ball.

Hopefully we can continue to add pieces to get back to those 20 win seasons, but this isn't the year.

We need to pull hard for the team to make the NIT this year. It's not a given to get there.

Re: It takes the same amount of effort to think big as to think

Jan 27, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to It takes the same amount of effort to think big as to think ]

It's obvious you know very little about Clemson basketball or college basketball in general. Going into this season no one thought Clemson would have much of a chance be have a winning overall record and a shot at the NIT. Had we not had early season injuries we would probably be a lock for the NIT already. I say this team really has overperformed. There are NO easy games or sure wins left on the schedule, NONE, NADA !! If we can someone get to 16-14 it would be a great year. If not 12 plus is not bad for this team with the recruits we have for next year.

I do know a lot about College Basketball ...

Jan 27, 2020, 11:35 AM

The Prime Directive is to put the ball in the basket

Secondly, the next objective is to hinder the ability of your opponent to put the ball in the basket

IMHO, we spend an inordinate amount of priority on the latter. Notice the habit of a shot then everyone peels back to defend, in fear of the fast break

On the Shot, EVERYONE goes towards the intended shot, one or two gus hangs back to hinder a potential fast break. THIS IS OUR PROBLEM.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic