Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People who pay landscapers to take care of your yard, what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 754

People who pay landscapers to take care of your yard, what

Apr 12, 2018, 9:39 AM

do you pay them to mow, trim, etc.? I apparently have a burgeoning landscaping side business, I've got a good feel for the cost to spread mulch and stuff from past times I've had it quoted...but for the weekly maintenance around how much do you pay per time/week? About $50 per week or so?

As a straight white male I do expect my time and services to command a premium price, because you know I won't steal your flower pots or try to break in your home...but just trying to get a general idea. I figure being able to prove I'm a citizen makes it worth $15 extra or so, no?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

depends...would I have to

Apr 12, 2018, 9:41 AM

pick you and your crew up outside Home Depot?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, I provide my own transportation

Apr 12, 2018, 9:42 AM

And the neighbors don't think they're being cased when I pull up. Excellent sales advantage I have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and your english isn't half bad, either....***

Apr 12, 2018, 9:43 AM

i pay $125 a month

But I have to trim hedges and fertilize and roundup the beds. He does mowing, edging, blows the driveway, and takes care of leaves in the fall. He comes every two weeks in the summer/growing season and maybe once a month in the winter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have fescue or something

Apr 12, 2018, 9:46 AM

That's pretty good if he's only having to come by twice a month at most. I could handle that, around here your yard would look turrible if you only cut every two weeks though.

Centipede. But once a week is too often.

Apr 12, 2018, 9:55 AM

But it does get long right after fertilizing because it grows so fast. Rest of the time it's ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll trim your hedges for free...

Apr 12, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to i pay $125 a month ]

Wait, your a female right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaaaand that's the ONLY shaving I actually enjoy.

Apr 12, 2018, 4:11 PM

Seriously, I bought a new battery-powered hedge trimmer last year when my electric one died. 40-volt. SO MUCH WIN. WILL NEVER GO BACK. Thing cuts better than my old trimmers, lasts far longer than the hedges I have, and no cords to drag around and electrocute yourself with and cut. If I knew how awesome cordless trimmers were, I would have gotten one even with the other one still working fine.

Re: People who pay landscapers to take care of your yard, what

putting that kubota to work?

Yep, kind of unintentionally

Apr 12, 2018, 9:50 AM

Things keep falling in my lap, spread some mulch here, mow there...Another guy has some river rock I'm going to move for him this weekend. I've got two yards aside from mine I'm doing now, only takes me about 30 minutes each to mow and trim. Figured I might as well get some ROI out of that bad boy.

I've been thinking about doing side work like this

Apr 12, 2018, 9:56 AM

but then I remember I get paid my hourly salary for any hours over 40 during the work week. No way I'd make that much money doing side work

I actually enjoy the mowing and stuff, plus it's paying for

Apr 12, 2018, 10:37 AM

my tractor and putting gas in the boat, so that's a plus. If were about having a side gig that made a lot of money I'd just sell weed.

Can ewe get me some weed?

Apr 12, 2018, 10:50 AM

Asking for a friend...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hi!***

Apr 12, 2018, 10:53 AM

Man, I just had some...

Apr 12, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Can ewe get me some weed? ]

But I killed all that shid with some Preen.

I pay $35 per mow/edge/blowy

Apr 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

Young white dude from Woodruff. He has been getting better equipment over the 2 years I've been using him, and offering more services, so he is growing his business, even with that price (which I think is low).

Friend of mine retired, and out of boredom, started a lawnmowing service in a Kershaw county. He charges $65 for up to an acre. He's been doing it for a decade or so. Does only a little of the actual work. Doesn't make a killing, but does make decent money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weren't you looking at a subcompact tractor a few years ago

Apr 12, 2018, 12:09 PM

$35 is hard to beat though, depending on the size of the yard.

Yeah, but the wife didn't like living on land, preferred

Apr 12, 2018, 12:58 PM

neighborhood life, so I tabled it. Once the kids are gone...

$55.00 a week***

Apr 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to pay $50 every other week

Apr 12, 2018, 9:49 AM

now I pay $10 every other week and includes my son's room getting cleaned up

Why would I care if you're a citizen?

Apr 12, 2018, 9:53 AM

I want my yard to look good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having a white dude mow your lawn is a status symbol thing,

Apr 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

more than anything.

It's like driving a Range Rover. Everybody knows that he's probably a POS who's made a long series of terrible life choices, but it just looks nicer.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have health insurance and if we happen to have a fender

Apr 12, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Why would I care if you're a citizen? ]

bender one day I won't flee the scene.

LOL at the TDer in this thread

Apr 12, 2018, 10:34 AM

TRDJ I'm not trying to cut in on your amigos business, don't worry.

dude cuts my grass and trims it, but he has to do mine

Apr 12, 2018, 11:01 AM

and the neighbors at the same time to make it worth his time because the yards are so small. I think I give him $30 and we drink a few of my beers if he does it in the afternoon.

Paying people to take care of your yard?

Apr 12, 2018, 11:02 AM

And you consider yourself an alpha male?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Do you even ready bro?

Apr 12, 2018, 11:05 AM

$65 a month. They come every week in

Apr 12, 2018, 11:13 AM

Summer and every other week in Winter. We only have two seasons.

Mulch and fertilizer costs extra.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$65 A MONTH???

Apr 12, 2018, 12:36 PM

Why haven't you invited me over to your new place yet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha. Actually the lot is pretty small, about a third of an

Apr 12, 2018, 1:39 PM

acre.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do it myself now, mostly just for the exercise. But when

Apr 12, 2018, 11:44 AM

I was paying a guy it was $100/month, this was about 10-15 yrs ago. Subdivision lot, so not too big, less than 1/2 acre, he did all the edging and blowing, came every 2 weeks. I probably overpaid a little, but he was a perfectionist, and I am too, so it worked. Retired Vietnam vet who did it on the side... one of those guys who is 73 years old but can still whoop your azzz.

Probably not a good idea to have me as a customer now. I fear I have reached the Frumpy Old Man stage of life... I'd be on the screen porch watching you like a hawk, pointing out how I (or Fred the Vietnam Vet) did it better, while downing vodka tonics with a splash of cranberry and slice of lime... then I'd realize what a ######## I am and feel guilty, so I'd tell you to stop and rest a minute and have a drink with me... and then I'd bring you in the house and make you look at my pictures and ticket stubs from the 70s, and you'd do it, because I also raided my son's stash and he always has the Killa from Manila that you can smell 3 houses down... and then I'd break out my bootleg DVD from Pink Floyd in Stockholm in 1975 and we're singing Wish You Were Here at the top of our lungs... and then we'd be hungry and I'd remember those ribeyes that need to be cooked and fire up the grill...and before you know it, you're chitfaced and it's midnight and too late to drive home... plus you never finished the yard, so you have to spend the night and finish it in the morning...

Anyway, it wouldn't work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

brb, going to Lowes to buy a lawn mower

Apr 12, 2018, 11:50 AM

check your tmale

I can start today if that works for you***

Apr 12, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to I do it myself now, mostly just for the exercise. But when ]

Underpointed POTD***

Apr 12, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to I do it myself now, mostly just for the exercise. But when ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a lawnmower, a trailer, and some bourbon

Apr 12, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I do it myself now, mostly just for the exercise. But when ]

if you are hiring.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My lot has no grass to mow

Apr 12, 2018, 11:48 AM

Wanna buy a Honda push mower?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I've debated getting one for a hill I've got to weed eat

Apr 12, 2018, 11:56 AM

I've got so much lawn equipment though I really don't need any more.

re: Honda push mower

Apr 12, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to My lot has no grass to mow ]

That's what I have, and that damm thing is unreal. Seriously, you set that thing to mulch and you can cruise thru grass that is 8" high and it doesn't even leave a visible path of clippings. As long as you keep the blade sharpened of course. I only use the bagger in fall and early spring, for the leaves. And it truly does start with one pull. Has to be the best mower ever made for the price, got it on sale at Home Depot a couple years ago for $299.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which? I may be in the market for a new one, for real***

Apr 12, 2018, 12:30 PM

this one, priced at $399 now, but it's prime time spring, so

Apr 12, 2018, 1:20 PM

I'm guessing it'll be marked down close to $300 again come fall and they're clearing inventory.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3-in-1-Variable-Speed-Gas-Walk-Behind-Self-Propelled-Lawn-Mower-with-Auto-Choke-HRR216VKA/203709643

I pay mine extremely well, maybe too well,

Apr 12, 2018, 12:13 PM

he gets a hot Sunday dinner, sex and home brewed beer.

hrrrrnnnggg

Apr 12, 2018, 12:17 PM

sorry...mean "hiring?"

DGUARCHITECT, a man of many talents. Slum lord, landscaper,

Apr 12, 2018, 12:20 PM

hiker, and camper.....The only thing he can't do is not sweat profusely.

Ha, JOKE'S ON YOU, I'M NOT ACTIVELY SWEA-

Apr 12, 2018, 12:29 PM

crap, i typed that too fast....here it come

You bang your husband for cutting the grass? Every time?

Apr 12, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I pay mine extremely well, maybe too well, ]

Daily? Bi-Weekly Pre-scheduled sessions? I need to be a better negrotiator.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pay 6k per year for mowing, trimming, mulch, leaves, fertilizer aeration etc.

Apr 12, 2018, 2:03 PM

I’m know I’m getting screwed but don’t feel like the hassle of switching.

Re: I pay 6k per year for mowing, trimming, mulch, leaves, fertilizer aeration etc.

Apr 12, 2018, 2:33 PM

So, you have a messican family living in the garage?

Replies: 47
| visibility 754
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic