Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
when real men played golf....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 574

when real men played golf....

Feb 10, 2019, 1:24 PM

Also, I remember a quote from one of the greats about how hard they used to party on the Tour. He said he knew it had been a really late night when the alarm went off in the morning and the glass on the night stand still had ice that hadn't completely melted. Can't remember who... maybe Lee Trevino, not sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: when real men played golf....

Feb 10, 2019, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how well people used to dress.

Feb 10, 2019, 2:15 PM

It's like they actually cared about their appearance. Photos from old Clemson games from Big Thursday and every man wore a coat and tie. All the ladies wore dresses and hats.

And for some reason it didn't matter that it was 95 degrees outside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson games????

Feb 10, 2019, 9:04 PM

Try flying....As recently as the 80's and early 90's you didn't see freaking flip flops and Muumuus on flights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, that went downhill fast....

Feb 11, 2019, 8:34 AM

now it seems most people not clearly on business wear shorts and flip-flops. Not a fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats pretty much what i wear everywhere, all the time.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:59 AM

I'm not sure why it matters if its on a plane or not.

I think it is the close proximity factor on an airplane....

Feb 11, 2019, 10:31 AM

at least it is for me.

Glad my parents instilled this in me

Feb 11, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Clemson games???? ]

I still dress more casual than shirt and tie.. but I am always in jeans or khakis and a shirt with a collar and closed toed shoes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Oh man, nowadays people will think nothing of kicking

Feb 11, 2019, 9:59 AM

off their shoes and sitting next to you barefooted with toe funk just wafting right up.

Air travel is one step removed from a New Delhi bus with chickens flapping around the cabin nowadays.

I do everything humanly possible...

Feb 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

to avoid sitting with the unwashed in the back of the plane

Yep....if I don't get bumped, $40-60 for "economy plus"

Feb 11, 2019, 10:34 AM

is the bargain of the century. None of the pewrs spring for it, and usually it buys you an empty middle seat because nobody is going to pay extra for a middle seat.

Middle seat is the worst

Feb 11, 2019, 10:36 AM

Even window blows. When I want to get up and pee or cropdust the folks on the to the head, I don't want to have to wade through a fatty or two to get there.

I love the window seat.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:37 AM

I don't usually have to pee on planes, and it gives you a wall to lean against and every fatty and drink cart isn't hitting my shoulder as it goes by.

Oh...well....

Feb 11, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Yep....if I don't get bumped, $40-60 for "economy plus" ]

I was talking about LDR 1st class, but ok :)

Well, yeah, I meant bumped to 1st,

Feb 11, 2019, 10:51 AM

but that ain't happening so much anymore now that my jetsetting business days are over and my airline status is plummeting.

upgrades are tough on any well traveled route...

Feb 11, 2019, 11:06 AM

during the week.

Used to be you had a fighting chance with Silver on Delta, now you almost have to be a platinum to have a chance.

I'll go first for work domestic if it's in the +$400 or less range. I'm not sure why, but the spread between first and coach seems to have come down on a lot of domestic flights. For international, the spread has gone up crazy over the last 2 yrs.

Yeah I noticed that too....

Feb 11, 2019, 11:07 AM

I bumped to first for $90 from Calgary to Houston last year. Insane no-brainer for a 4 hour flight.

Great pic, Hogan and Arnie. ******

Feb 10, 2019, 3:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

Feb 10, 2019, 5:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf is for people who can't catch fish.

Feb 10, 2019, 10:09 PM

I'm sure those guys can fish too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John Daly used to smoke and drink while playing

Feb 11, 2019, 9:54 AM

that was fun

I remember watching him at the Masters.....

Feb 11, 2019, 10:03 AM

I was standing by the ropes in the pines near the 2nd shot area on 13, Daly would take a few puffs, throw the butt on the ground, and then his caddie would have to stoop down and pick up the butt. He then did the same thing on the green.

Jumbo Ozaki was the only other player I really remember excessively smoking on the course back then.

Kansas City QB Len Dawson, before the Super Bowl & halftime.

Feb 11, 2019, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Fresca. Worst drink ever made.

Feb 11, 2019, 1:41 PM

I had one when I was like 10 years old and I can still vividly remember its nasty taste in detail.
Grapefruit soda. Yuck.

^^^^never tried Tab^^^^***

Feb 11, 2019, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 574
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic