Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU downfall is great for Clemson!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,355

FSU downfall is great for Clemson!

Nov 30, 2017, 10:11 AM

Iron strengthens Iron - sure. But I think Dabo's Best is the Standard is enough to keep Clemson tough and lets say FSU is 2-3 years away from a turn around. That allows Clemson to win the Atlantic and ACC for another 2 years just in time for Trevor Lawrence to be full go and maintain our dominance. ACC Champion = College Football Playoff :)

Last time FSU struggled we were under Tommy B and weren't able to capitalize and thus you saw Boston College and Wake Forest win the Atlantic. Those days are over!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just ordered ACC championship game tickets

Nov 30, 2017, 10:32 AM

for the next 10 years.

Re: FSU downfall is great for Clemson!

Nov 30, 2017, 10:49 AM

I couldn't disagree more. As Dabo says, "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best." If we aren't continually challenged "in Conference," we aren't going to be ready for the big challenges out of Conference. I want FSU to stay strong and for Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State and Georgia Tech to get strong again. I'd rather us win the most dominant Conference in D1 than be thought of as a "fluke" because we won the weakest Conference and then get beat in the Playoffs, like Ohio State has done. I'm no ACC homer but we need the Conference to continue to push the envelope and dominate the College Football landscape. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2017, 10:52 AM

Bama is out looking in at the moment for a soft schedule and we're at number 1 despite a loss to a terrible team due to our strength of schedule, the last thing we need is less competition.

Nov 30, 2017, 10:56 AM

Wait a minute, I thought that the Coots were going to provide the "iron" to keep us sharp? To hear them tell it, they will challenge us for the state every year beginning next year, or maybe it was the year after that. I can't keep up with their delusions.

Don't get me wrong - we want a strong conference

Nov 30, 2017, 11:32 AM

Some good points all around. We just don't want FSU to be as strong as us - and you are right - ideally we are even stronger than a strong FSU. Still I will take every win we can get against FSU until we even the record.

Re: Don't get me wrong - we want a strong conference

Nov 30, 2017, 11:35 AM

I’ll take playoff berths over the irrelevant FSU record

Re: Don't get me wrong - we want a strong conference

Nov 30, 2017, 12:02 PM

We want a strong conference and that means we need/want a strong FSU. With that being said, I think that FSU is a stronger team within a year's time with Taggert or Fuentes at the helm. That team has been floundering with Jimbo at the helm for the last few years. FSU is 10 and 10 in their last 20 ACC games . . .

I dislike FSU as much as anyone but I really prefer they stay a strong program

Nov 30, 2017, 12:01 PM

It helps ouch Clemson to bigger and better things and not get complacent. Not saying that would happen, Dabo would not let it happen! Always need that certain team that always pushes you to be at your best!! The ACC really needs a strong Clemson and FSU on an annual basis.

The thought of FSU being a bottom feeder is really nice though!! If somehow another ACC school such as Miami take their place and be relevant on an annual basis, that would be sufficient ????.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,355
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic