Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I e been about as tough on BB as anyone but I think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I e been about as tough on BB as anyone but I think

Mar 1, 2020, 11:39 AM

Keeping him another year to prove himself is worth the risk at this point. Just my opinion worth probably even less than nothing but with the class he has coming in the upside looks pretty good at this point

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I e been about as tough on BB as anyone but I think

Mar 1, 2020, 11:43 AM

I agree with that. Many factors but if he can't do a lot with the talent he'll have next year, then he's not much of a coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 11:54 AM

I like the way some of the young guys have developed this year. There is a noticeable difference in the way that Jemison and Moore are playing now as compared with a month ago. And Newman and Dawes are quickly becoming players who must be in the lineup a lot. It’s a shame that Baehre has been forced to miss almost the entire season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 1:28 PM

If you believe BB has not proven himself in 10 years with terrible facilities for seven of those years, little basketball history, no natural recruiting area, little fan support, not paying players or AAU coaches, average support from the admin and a bunch of internet experts constantly calling for his head you have not been paying attention.

Unless the team totally fell apart he was 100% coming back next year as the Admin wants a competitive team at low cost

Terrible facillities, little basketball history, no natural

Mar 1, 2020, 1:48 PM

recruiting area, and little fan support are all totally bogus excuses. OP, with all of those same "problems", had us in the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row. Those things did not stop him from building a solid program. Brad even had success in year one with OP's players. Then, BAM - in one year, all of those things kicked in and destroyed our basketbal program. One day, no problem, then wake up the next day, and it's insurmountable. BS. Look, Brownell has done an outstanding job this year, and in my mind, has earned another year. But, let's cut it out with all of the silly, nonsense excuses for his overall lack of success here. This is his program, lock, stock, and barrel; his record is what it is, and he has to own it. I love Brownell. I think he "gets" Clemson and I hope his team takes the next step next year and he finally develops a solid program. I am pulling for him. Still, it's absurd to pretend that his tenure at Clemson has not been frustrating and disappointing, and even worse to suggest that he's somehow not responsible and can't be held accountable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I didn’t see anything said about Brad not being held responsible or accountable.

Mar 1, 2020, 1:58 PM

You can’t deny the challenges he has had here, and the good job he’s done DESPITE those challenges.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

LOL. Okay. Are you willing to admit then, that

Mar 1, 2020, 4:26 PM

A) Clemson basketball has been mediocre for most of Brownell's tenure, and B) He is largely responsible for that and should be held accountable?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Terrible facillities, little basketball history, no natural

Mar 1, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Terrible facillities, little basketball history, no natural ]

I think if you believe those aren’t factors on some level for any team then you aren’t being honest with yourself. Contributing factors, of course. I don’t know that I have seen anyone saying he wasn’t accountable as an excuse for not going to the tournament more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 3:00 PM

I guess coach K has the best facilities at Duke. That is just an excuse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 3:16 PM

Duke’s basketball program could build whatever they wanted just from the basketball program revenue, let alone the alumni support. The fact is they have probably the best coach two generations from now may ever see. They don’t need facilities with their history. Apples to kiwi’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Terrible facillities, little basketball history, no natural ]

recruiting area, and little fan support are all totally bogus excuses. OP, with all of those same "problems", had us in the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row. Those things did not stop him from building a solid program. Brad even had success in year one with OP's players. Then, BAM - in one year, all of those things kicked in and destroyed our basketbal program. One day, no problem, then wake up the next day, and it's insurmountable. BS. Look, Brownell has done an outstanding job this year, and in my mind, has earned another year. But, let's cut it out with all of the silly, nonsense excuses for his overall lack of success here. This is his program, lock, stock, and barrel; his record is what it is, and he has to own it. I love Brownell. I think he "gets" Clemson and I hope his team takes the next step next year and he finally develops a solid program. I am pulling for him. Still, it's absurd to pretend that his tenure at Clemson has not been frustrating and disappointing, and even worse to suggest that he's somehow not responsible and can't be held accountable.

OP had regular season success but never won a tourney Game. He also saw the success was not sustainable and bolted at the first opportunity. There is a reason CU has so little b-ball success and BB is slowing working and building something. BB is doing things the right way which is not a quick fix solution.

Mar 1, 2020, 1:37 PM

He wasnt going anywhere even if the team didn't show signs the last month and a half of season. His buyout is $4 million. Read this from two days ago on coaches on hot seat --coin flip section:

https://watchstadium.com/college-basketball-coaching-carousel-cheat-sheet-for-2020-02-27-2020/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

He's back, and he's earned it this year

Mar 1, 2020, 2:43 PM

If we close with two wins next week I'd call it an outstanding job this year with this particular team. There appears to be a very solid foundation for next year and beyond. If we close with an unlikely run and make the NCAAT, he's done as good of a coaching job as anyone. If it's the NIT, that's a good season for this particular team.

Let's close this out with 2 wins this week. The ACCT should be very entertaining. Basically anyone can beat anyone

Agree 100%***

Mar 1, 2020, 3:04 PM

- H. L. Mencken

He's back, and he's earned it this year

Mar 1, 2020, 2:43 PM

If we close with two wins next week I'd call it an outstanding job this year with this particular team. There appears to be a very solid foundation for next year and beyond. If we close with an unlikely run and make the NCAAT, he's done as good of a coaching job as anyone. If it's the NIT, that's a good season for this particular team.

Let's close this out with 2 wins this week. The ACCT should be very entertaining. Basically anyone can beat anyone

Mar 1, 2020, 3:01 PM

Yeah, I don't even think this should be a conversation at this point

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic