Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most ridiculous statement regarding Clemson's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Most ridiculous statement regarding Clemson's

Sep 14, 2020, 12:49 PM

on-field play this weekend.

A buddy of mine (Clemson fan) started our conversation yesterday by asking what I thought of the game.

Before I could even answer he told me he was mad from the beginning.

I expected to hear something about politics on the helmets or about the confusion of what channel to find the game.

Nope. He clearly stated, "Trevor is never going to win the Heisman taking sacks like he did on the first drive. I never got over it the rest of the game. We may never get a Heisman winner at Clemson."

I tried to assure him that Heisman voters don't even remember Trevor getting sacked because he threw for 350 yards in 3 quarters and had 3 TDs.

As our conversation continued for a short time it was very obvious that he was telling the truth and never recovered from Clemson having a WR trip and fall, Trevor getting sacked, and having to punt on the first drive of the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't fix stupid

Sep 14, 2020, 12:51 PM

That's why I gave up on trying to fix cutigerbob® years ago

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Most ridiculous statement regarding Clemson's

Sep 14, 2020, 12:52 PM

Um, I'd say your buddy was suffering from severe brain cramp.

I didn't recover either, after I dropped a

Sep 14, 2020, 12:55 PM

Natural light on my wifes living room carpet as I was sitting to watch the game. Some things just are too devastating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't recover either, after I dropped a

Sep 14, 2020, 1:03 PM

I guessing your situation occurred in one of two ways:

1) You endured slight devastation at the loss of a Natural Light, but you soon started to get over it because your understanding wife brought you another.

2) You endured great devastation because while mourning the loss of your Natural Light, you wife started to pile on about her carpet smelling like beer and the fact that, while watching the game, you didn't shampoo her carpet immediately to right the situation.

Here's to hoping it was #1.....

Sep 14, 2020, 12:55 PM

I agree with him on one point. It will be difficult for a Clemson player to win a Heisman as long as ESPN determines who wins it. The Heisman Committee is a joke. ESPN pimps who wis it. Look at DeShaun. Losing to a guy that never won anything but an occasional mid tier bowl game. TL deserves it but it will shock me if he wins it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 1:19 PM

Lamar was the correct winner *when* the Heisman group voted. Lamar was straight out ballin up until that point through 10 games. Even when UofL lost is was more about the rest of the team bing a bunch of 2-10 level talent around Lamar. Heck, he almost beat us by himself. Eventually folks cracked his formula (make the 2-10wers beat you) but go back and watch him against FSU and if that isn't the 2nd best performance of the year... well... that should be obvious. Watson's Heisman moment was against Bama and sadly AFTER they voted and was the best performance of the season.

More of an issue of when the Heisman is polled than anything.

Sep 14, 2020, 1:09 PM

I couldn't care less about Trevor or Travis not winning the Heisman. As long as both guys play great and get drafted high, who cares?

We have no problem getting QBs and RBs so it won't hurt recruiting either.

The main thing is to win the Natty!

Sep 14, 2020, 1:12 PM

assuming your buddy has been a Clemson fan for 6 or 7 years now.

No way he survived the Tommy years (both Bowden and West).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 1:17 PM

#1 TL should have throw it out of bounds #2 taking a sack is better than throwing an interception # 3 TL knew he should have gotten rid of the ball out of bounds and #4 Dabo let he know that too. You friend is out there some where.

Nov 24, 2015, 3:03 PM

I've read a lot of posts on this board that would qualify as being the most ridiculous and some of them were my own posts. I believe this is often referred to as "sharing the wealth".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree

Sep 14, 2020, 2:53 PM

Trevor is the most talented QB in college football. If he continues to play well, coupled with his leadership role in pushing to play ball this season and his role in current social issues, I think the Heisman is his to lose.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2020, 3:53 PM

Let him know that Joe Burrow was sacked 28 times last year and still won the Heisman. I don't think sacks taken are very high on the Heisman Voter's stat sheets.

Amari's drop did hurt me a little more than the sack though! That may come back to haunt Amari with his Heisman chase.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic