Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The moment you knew we had ‘em?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

The moment you knew we had ‘em?

Jan 10, 2019, 8:06 PM

I knew we came to play on the pick-6, and the first offensive TD. I knew we had ‘em when Trayvon sacked Tua...that was my moment. The defense proved it could get off the field, and their defense was overmatched. I knew it right there, the game was ours.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The moment you knew we had ‘em?

Jan 10, 2019, 8:17 PM

Well your pulse is so low! The sec was overrated again!

Fake Field Goal

Jan 10, 2019, 8:39 PM

That was a desperation move by Saban and when we stuffed it, they quit.

Jan 10, 2019, 8:45 PM

The moment I saw Saban "quit" with over 30 seconds to go in the half with good field position and three timeouts remaining, I said out loud to myself, "He's quit! He's given up! We're gonna beat 'em!" But when the third quarter began, I also had second thoughts....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Down 15, 3 timeouts, 45 seconds, ball on the 25

Jan 10, 2019, 9:34 PM

and one of the best teams ever does nothing.
Saban was clearly frustrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here***

Jan 10, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The moment you knew we had ‘em? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 10, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The moment you knew we had ‘em? ]

This. Unwillingness to try to score before half, with TOs and an offense that had moved the ball. Blatant sign of weakness and no confidence. Saban was more worried about a turnover and falling further behind than giving his team a chance to come back. Loser mentality on display for all to see. Counter that with our last drive before half vs ND. Totally different mindsets. Totally different results. Totally different teams.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:11 AM

That's a great point about mindset. I hadn't even thought about how the Tigers closed out the half against the Domers. It does speak to confidence and mindset.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: The moment you knew we had ‘em? ]

Exactly. I turned to the others in the room and said he quit because he knew they couldn't score and didn't want to go to the locker room with that failure. We're going to win!

Jan 11, 2019, 1:47 PM

The moment I knew we were going to win, was actually before kickoff.

ESPN always picks a "theme song" for the national championship game.

For the 2016 Natty which we won, ESPN chose the song "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones as the theme song.

Well, as I was watching the broadcast Monday night a few minutes before kickoff, I noticed that ESPN once again chose "Gimme Shelter" as this year's national championship theme song. The moment I heard that, I just knew fortune would favor the Tigers. Can't tell you why, it was just a gut feeling.

Ironically, "Gimme Shelter" is Nick Saban's favorite song. He and his wife play it in the car before and after every single football game as a "good luck" ritual.

LOL

When I saw Saban and his players faces

Jan 10, 2019, 8:59 PM

walking to the tunnel.

At half & uP by 15 I got cocky at Clemson Party & yelled WE National Champs!

Jan 10, 2019, 9:25 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At half & uP by 15 I got cocky at Clemson Party & yelled WE National Champs!

Jan 10, 2019, 9:31 PM

Yep, when we kicked that FG to go up 15 I said this team was not going to blow that lead in the championship game. Up until that point I was nervous Bama was going to score just before and after halftime to make it a tight ballgame.

Re: At half & uP by 15 I got cocky at Clemson Party & yelled WE National Champs!

Jan 11, 2019, 7:43 AM [ in reply to At half & uP by 15 I got cocky at Clemson Party & yelled WE National Champs! ]

And aren't you glad you did now!?

Jan 10, 2019, 9:29 PM

AS discussed a couple of nights ago ...

"When Saban sent Mack Jones out on that fool's errand, he knew what the rest of the college football world was beginning to realize. There was no way Alabama was going to win. Why else even try a fake that was going to leave you two scores short anyway? Why not go for it? Why not?

Because it wasn't going to happen. After that, surrender cobras came slithering out all over the Bama side of the field, and about 90 seconds later, Lawrence and Justyn Ross kicked open the door to delirium for the Clemson faithful. If you didn't know it before, you knew it then.

Things felt different. The sun was shining at midnight."

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:11 PM

I believe he picked up on it months ago when interviewed he commented '...you don't see the oil leaks and worn out tires..."

The man should have retired last season if he wanted to leave on a NC win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 9:29 PM

The Ross TD. I felt good at halftime but besides the 2 picks they were running and throwing on us up and down the field. I was pretty sure 3 TDs was too much tho.

I thought when they were walking through the tunnel and had that tiger paw plack on a tripod and they were all walking by it. I'M thinking "We are so in their heads, no way they are going to execute well". Then one guy bumped the placard and knocked it off, then picked it up and put it back. Very strange doings I thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 PM

I thought when they were walking through the tunnel and had that tiger paw plack on a tripod and they were all walking by it. I'M thinking "We are so in their heads, no way they are going to execute well". Then one guy bumped the placard and knocked it off, then picked it up and put it back. Very strange doings I thought.

I absolutely thought the same thing! I took it as a GREAT sign! At the Cotton Bowl, the Eagle landing on two different ND fans...I took it as a good sign too (because my son told me it pooped on the first guy :)

Go Tigers!!!

When Bama went for it from their own 35 in 2nd quarter. They got it but it showed no faith in their D.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:36 PM

When the clock expired at the Cotton Bowl .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree with Trevor ... when he said he felt like ...

Jan 10, 2019, 9:39 PM

... Clemson took total control when Justyn Ross snagged that amazing one-handed catch to convert 3rd and long.

When that happened I totally got the feeling that we could do no wrong!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 9:44 PM

I thought we had them after the pick 6. My biggest worry with the game was a slow start. I knew we had them with the 1 handed grab my Ross. Then I knew that they had given up when they pulled Tua.

Jan 10, 2019, 9:52 PM

When Saban let the clock run out at the half, I posted, "They Are Giving Up."

For me it was when Trayvon Mullen gave Tua his second

Jan 10, 2019, 10:19 PM

interception.Afterwards Tua was fussing at his receiver while they walked off the field.At that point he lost his team I thought.Definitely was rattled.
Granted it's Alabama, so you never quite think they are down for the count with a half to play.But they put most of the worries to bed on the botched fake field goal to begin the second half.

When Coach Saban went for 4th down on his 35 in 1st Half

Jan 10, 2019, 10:46 PM

That was first clue Saban had some concerns with game vibe ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:08 PM

Going for it on fourth in first half, I had a feeling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 11:16 PM

I knew...

When a flag didn't suddenly appear to reverse Tua's pick-6. Never had a doubt about us, just about the integrity of the refs.

Bammers were moving the ball at will except in red zone.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:09 AM

It was the failed fake field goal that sealed it for me. Thats when I knew the D was gonna continue to strangle them and there would be no comeback.

Yep. The fact that they moved the ball between the 20s so

Jan 11, 2019, 1:41 PM

easily on us all night made me think they would eventually punch a few in make it a game. But that never happened. Our red zone defense was incredible all night.

When we scored so easily after the int and went up 14-7

Jan 11, 2019, 7:14 AM

I knew bama could not hang. Even when they went up briefly 16-14 I wasn't a bit nervous.

Jan 11, 2019, 7:34 AM

When the Sooners kept up with/outscored the Tide in the 2nd through 4th quarters of the Sugar Bowl...

September 24, 2018***

Jan 11, 2019, 7:51 AM

Jan 11, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The moment you knew we had ‘em? ]

When we got the second pick, they were moving the ball and if they score it’s a very different game.

I didn’t actually relax until five minutes to go in the 4th...

Jan 11, 2019, 8:01 AM

I just never felt like Bama’s offense couldn’t suddenly find SOMETHING to exploit.

But I actually felt like we had more than a good chance of winning when I looked at the scoreboard at the end of the first quarter and we were up 14-13. We start slow and they start hot. That’s how it’s been all season. To be up after one quarter was VERY reassuring. I had no idea we’d give them that quick field goal and then blank them!

null

When we made it 37-16. They got zero points on their first

Jan 11, 2019, 8:06 AM

drive of the second half and we went down and punched it in. That was it for me. They could move it if they wanted, because they could not stop us even with halftime adjustments.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

I told myself going into the game we might get down 14 pts and have to come back due to a slow start. The pick-6 was a gift, but our first offensive TD made me feel much better. Although nervous until the 4th quarter, when our defense held them to a field goal inside the 5 I knew the game could get away from them.

null

Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 AM

After their 8 minute drive that earned them 0 pts. Tigers red zone D was outrageous!! 1 touchdown in 4 trips.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:22 AM

Not trying to score right before half definitely was a ### moment but the fake field goal was the moment for me.

Jan 11, 2019, 1:26 PM

That's what the guys on the radio broadcast were thinking at that point, too-- "this game is one possession from being over".

For me it was the gamble from his own 35. I didn't believe it was over, but i knew Saban was not going to win the way Saban likes to win--by bullying you into submission. He felt like he was playing catchup. Just like his popup onside kick in CvA I when he admitted they couldn't match possessions with us. The fact that he took that risk--and was logically going to take it all night long, which he did-- told me that no matter what the fans, media, players or coaching staff thought, the coach knew they had swallowed the rat poison. They were in trouble.

Jan 11, 2019, 1:36 PM

When they were tied with the Citadel at half.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they had to settle for that FG after our TD

Jan 11, 2019, 1:38 PM

Ross TD to go up 37-16

Jan 11, 2019, 1:40 PM

Prior to that i was still assuming they would come back and at least give us a tight game.

when saban cussed at tua after second INT...***

Jan 11, 2019, 1:47 PM

Jan 11, 2019, 1:50 PM

The Pick 6

when we stopped them on the second half kickoff drive***

Jan 11, 2019, 2:14 PM

Jan 11, 2019, 2:18 PM

When Bama went for it on 4th down on their own 30 yard line in 2nd quarter. I knew then that saban knew they could not stop our offense and the only way they could win was by trying to match our TD’s.

Jan 11, 2019, 2:27 PM

I knew we weren't going to get blown out when we answered Jeudy's TD after a slow offensive start. I knew we had a good shot when they were too scared to try to score before the half. At some point during their drive when we were up 37-16, I told my buddies that if any of us turned on a game between 2 random teams and saw this score with this time left, we'd all say it was over and not bother watching. But I didn't really start to feel like it was over till they came up with the 4th down stop on that drive.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic