Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The American flag, of any time period does not belong on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

The American flag, of any time period does not belong on

Jul 3, 2019, 12:24 PM

footwear, period. Great men died for that flag.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not supposed to wear the flag at all unless

Jul 3, 2019, 12:29 PM

you're a member of the armed forces, police, fire, etc, so there's that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're not supposed to wear the flag at all unless

Jul 3, 2019, 12:33 PM

Not true. Every employee in the company I work for proudly wears the American flag on our uniform sleeves. You don't have to fight for this country to be patriotic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

US Flag code:

Jul 3, 2019, 12:41 PM

Section 176
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: US Flag code:

Jul 3, 2019, 12:55 PM

who walks around wearing costumes and athletic uniforms. seems like it's referring to halloween garb and professional athletes to me. nothing wrong with normal citizens proudly walking around with an american flag on their shirt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to US Flag code: ]

Excellent post. I consider the flag to be sacred because the ideal that it represents is sacred.

Jul 3, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to US Flag code: ]

I thought the code meant that no part of an actual US Flag could be used as clothing. As long as you aren't cutting up the flag for this you are fine. Screen print, paint, or sew away.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 PM [ in reply to US Flag code: ]

What makes a patriotic organization? I feel I am part of a patriotic organization and it is called the United States of America. That's why wearing a shirt with a flag embroidered over the heart does not bother me at all. I don't care for a lot of this other crap out there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: You're not supposed to wear the flag at all unless ]

Excellent point, like the American flag is worn proudly as a pin.

But not on footwear.

Or underwear.

Jul 3, 2019, 12:58 PM

Or on swim suits or beach towels that you put your stinking ### on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The American flag, of any time period does not belong on

Jul 3, 2019, 12:29 PM

Excellent point!

Jul 3, 2019, 12:30 PM

Doesn't bother me as long as it isn't on bottom of shoe. In fact , I hope one of the Nike competitors
will come out with a similar shoe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's beautiful in all forms and should be displayed proudly...

Jul 3, 2019, 12:47 PM

rather than being burned in protest or irreverently kneeled before in same?

The latter is crapping on the very symbol under which those freedoms have been provided and that is patently stupid.

Or, did you has something else in minds?

Happiest of 4ths Felix!

Re: It's beautiful in all forms and should be displayed proudly...

Jul 3, 2019, 1:01 PM

Can we not do this please? Not everyone agrees with your take of disrespect and this is not the forum for that discussion? Please?

I did not start, take it up with Felix and to be clear...

Jul 3, 2019, 1:03 PM

since you've directed it toward me instead of the fire starter, I do not care one bit what your ridiculously precious sensibilities might feel.

How is his take disrespectful? I am proud of the flag and

Jul 3, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beautiful in all forms and should be displayed proudly... ]

My family’s military heritage. A lot of great men and women died for that flag.

And another thing. The flag on that shoe is the 13 star version. Not even the current flag!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, how bout ya just get over it

Jul 3, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: It's beautiful in all forms and should be displayed proudly... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Can get on board with that, for sure. But that was not

Jul 3, 2019, 12:55 PM

exactly the rationale Nike used. Quite the opposite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is an American flag on a shoe disrespectful

Jul 3, 2019, 12:58 PM

to any person that died for that flag?

I can't think of single person, nor reason, why someone would purchase a shoe to show disrespect. If anything, the opposite is way more true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 1:03 PM

Do these count or may I keep mine? TIA in advance https://www.nobullproject.com/products/flag-trainer-mens?variant=19419965059

Jul 3, 2019, 1:10 PM

"Do these count or may I keep mine?" Sorry, no, you can't keep them if they're size 10. Ship them to my address. Thank you.

Since not the entire flag, how do you feel about . . .

Jul 3, 2019, 1:16 PM

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Skrong...***

Jul 3, 2019, 1:17 PM

...and Long.***

Jul 3, 2019, 2:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOLOS!

Jul 3, 2019, 2:36 PM

Happy early 4th, good sir - be safes out there.

In here... and a birthday weekend. Having several over

Jul 3, 2019, 3:19 PM

for seafood night... Told the wife to get out the blender and make some tropicals. Man it's been hot.

You have a good and safe one, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since not the entire flag, how do you feel about . . .

Jul 3, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Since not the entire flag, how do you feel about . . . ]

I fully support this. God.bless Ametica

Jul 3, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Since not the entire flag, how do you feel about . . . ]

something in me stood up and saluted that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 3:46 AM [ in reply to Since not the entire flag, how do you feel about . . . ]

According to the code, I believe she should take it off immediately!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It belongs on bikinis!! Salute.***

Jul 3, 2019, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: It belongs on bikinis!! Salute.***

Jul 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

Started drinking on the 3rd again ?

Salute !

DB23

Took the day off. By the pool.

Jul 3, 2019, 1:37 PM

Internet is funky....but yeah, i may be indulging in my freedom. ??????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Possibly true. If posted WRT to Nike, certainly irrelevant.

Jul 3, 2019, 1:35 PM

The country could use a healthy dialogue on our use of our flag, but the flag code is irrelevant to the Nike discussion. Nike in no way cancelled that shoe in deference to the flag code or out of respect for the flag. They did it at the suggestion of one of their non-athlete spokespeople because the flag offends him (if reports are to be believed).

Although that would be an impressive bit of PR Kung Fu if Nike and Kaepernick came out and said that they cancelled the shoe out of respect for the flag code.

null

wrong bored

Jul 3, 2019, 1:54 PM

just kidding, leave it here

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: wrong bored

Jul 3, 2019, 2:21 PM

Back to your hole, Lunger!

Jul 3, 2019, 2:30 PM

I think none of it matters. People should do whatever they want, as long as their heart is in the right place. I love this country, but if I want to wear shoes with the flag I will. If some hot chhezy chick wants to wear an American flag bikini, I am cool with that. It doesnt matter. Patriotism is in the heart.

Jul 3, 2019, 9:47 PM

Folks, I know the flag code pretty well. I have posted the colors on base, have carried the colors, and yes, I have taken a knee and presented way too many to grieving relatives. The code is definitely written in a way that makes many items verboten, but I also feel that if people are in fact wearing said items respectfully, then great. I also realize that because of this too it leaves too much for interpretation, and therefore is problematic. No great answers, and yeah, no scivvies please, but I'd rather see the swim trunks/bikini/ Betsy Ross shoes than some A-Hat burning a flag because it's also their right. Just this Jarheads .02 cents.

My ancestors that fought at Kings Mountain and Cowpens

Jul 3, 2019, 9:50 PM

would love to see their flag on footwear. Just not Nike's.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic