Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There’s no MFn in CLEMSON
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

There’s no MFn in CLEMSON

Aug 31, 2019, 12:27 PM

Students were great at the game. Hill was full, great crowd everybody hung around. I was really happy with what I saw.

Except how loud the O-MFn-N was during Tiger Rag.

I get it. I used to be a student. I used to cuss a lot. But that was just about the trashiest thing I’ve ever seen and it’s something I’d expect out of the chickens. I had numerous people around me, far away from the student section wondering what in the world y’all were doing.

It’s created post game conversations that are a problem. The family atmosphere that we have created here, that’s a huge part of our identity as a school as well as something Dabo’s been able to maximize with recruiting gets completely torpedo’d if people have to question whether or not they can bring their kids to the game because of the student section. It’s a bad look.

If you’ve been doing it, please stop and encourage people around you to stop it too. Nothing good comes from it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Re: There’s no MFn in CLEMSON

Aug 31, 2019, 12:37 PM

I agree. They were doing that when I was a student 5 years ago and I hated it. Trashy and childish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2019, 1:27 PM

par for the times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 9, 2019, 1:58 PM

My son is named. Braxton. We call him “B” for short. His little league team was sponsored by FNB (First National Bank). They put names of the players on the back of the jersey, we put on his “FNB”. Was that wrong?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Sep 9, 2019, 2:33 PM

Of course.

Help me understand what the students are trying to

Aug 31, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s no MFn in CLEMSON ]

convey. I can’t decipher the comment above

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are trying to convey that they are cool and cuss

Aug 31, 2019, 2:33 PM

even when their mommy told them not to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, but what is “there is no MFn in Clemson” mean?

Aug 31, 2019, 2:41 PM

It just doesn’t make sense. Now if they said there is no “p” or “z” in Clemson I would at least understand what they are yelling about. There is an “n” in Clemson.

I think the idea is

Sep 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

During "C-L-E-M-S-O-.....N!" where everyone is supposed to draw a circle with their hand between "O" and "N"....people are yelling a swear word

Clemson

Re: I think the idea is

Sep 9, 2019, 2:39 PM

yeah i'm a student. I'm not a huge fan of the mfn

It refers to what is being said between the "O" and the "N"

Sep 9, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Ok, but what is “there is no MFn in Clemson” mean? ]

when spelling "CLEMSON" at the end of Tiger Rag.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 31, 2019, 1:34 PM

Darn right! If they want to act like that they can go down the road to Cootlumbia where that type behavior is encouraged.

“If you’re not gonna give 110% Clemson Class, you can keep your filthy mouth out of our stadium!”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 1:23 PM

Quit butchering Frank Howard's quote. That's more of a sin to me.

I think it started when we didn't stand up to the Woo Hoo.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:35 PM

No need to fill the sound gaps in our classics with any of that nonsense.

Fight Tigers Fight ###### Fight Fight!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it started when we didn't stand up to the Woo Hoo.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:51 PM

You point out irony here, I’m sure the older generation did not approve of the “######” in that chant either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whaaatt? I thought that was the original version.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:59 PM

Shows where I came along in the stream.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ole Joe probably remembers the old Rat Cheer

Aug 31, 2019, 2:35 PM

before my time

now I like the fight tigers fight damm!t.***

Aug 31, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it started when we didn't stand up to the Woo Hoo. ]

almost as bad as the woo hoo

Aug 31, 2019, 1:36 PM

almost

Re: almost as bad as the woo hoo

Sep 9, 2019, 12:43 PM

not even close...the woo hoo is an abomination.

Aug 31, 2019, 1:39 PM

Aug 31, 2019, 1:41 PM

These kind of things are typical behavior for the millenial generation as a whole. General lack of respect for others and their elders. Kids are no longer disciplined so this is how they turn out. Yeah I'm old school.........

Most, if not all, of the kids in college now are Gen Z

Sep 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

But please, continue to blame everything on "millennials."

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is hardly something new

Sep 9, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: There’s no MFn in CLEMSON ]

I bet if you sat in the student section any time from the 60s till now you would hear and see similar things.

Re: this is hardly something new

Sep 9, 2019, 1:37 PM

Yeah, the problem is my 5 year old hearing it in my section. I don't really care if all the students pass out( in the student section).

You're correct there isn't and shouldn't be. But..

Aug 31, 2019, 2:32 PM

I don't think some students, nor grownups cussing during the game is going to dissuade parents or people in general from coming to games and enjoying the family atmosphere. Overreaction.
At least it was a blow out win so y'all were able to nitpick something out of Dabo's and Clemson's control to complain about. Bravo!

Re: You're correct there isn't and shouldn't be. But..

Aug 31, 2019, 3:30 PM

Feel free to review my post history over the last 15-20 years to see how often I find things to complain about.

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Ummm - I wouldn't sit near the student section when my boys

Sep 9, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to You're correct there isn't and shouldn't be. But.. ]

were younger because of the MFn. (You can't have a family atmosphere with 10K people screaming MFn - so it's not an overreaction...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for making my point.You still went to the game.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:19 PM

And you were a responsible parent. Good on you!

Not even CLOSE to an overreaction. You are flat out wrong.

Sep 9, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to You're correct there isn't and shouldn't be. But.. ]

But - I'd still buy you a beer at the Esso - because you are Family & all.

NO WAY I want my kids hearing that garbage at their Grandfather's Clemson & at their Dad's Clemson.

NO.

WAY.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

that’s a lot of syllables. I wouldn’t be able to yell that.

Aug 31, 2019, 2:37 PM

the cockadoodle doo chant is more up my alley.
or Georgia georgia . . . .

Sep 9, 2019, 12:26 PM

I'm seeing more post-game conversations around it this week too. It's worth noting that nobody complains about the "Like Hell ######! And win!".

It's not cussing in general...it's just this one.

Perhaps you should request this thread be stickied.

Sep 9, 2019, 1:23 PM

Or rez it on a weekly basis. Whichever.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:32 PM

Most kids these days could care less about tradition, classy behavior or vulgarity. It’s so trashy and “ cootish” and makes this university looks ridiculous.

tigernet always has to find a way to get on the students

Sep 9, 2019, 12:44 PM

Now that they've packed out the student section this year so you can no longer can complain about not showing up, have to find something else to complain about.

And please since when has any student section in the country been known as "classy"? They often make the great atmosphere.

But there is a woohoo***

Sep 9, 2019, 12:51 PM

I remember hearing it in the 80's when I was a student

Sep 9, 2019, 12:51 PM

It wasn't impressive then either.
Every generation of young'uns think they invented drinking alcohol and cussing.

They didn't. ;)

exactly

Sep 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

I remember when I was a little kid in the late 90s my parents would steer me clear of getting too close to the student section when we went to games

half the cheers the cheerleaders did back in the day

Sep 9, 2019, 1:22 PM

had H***, D***, or some cuss word in it. I think it was Max Lennon that put an official stop to them.

And the Rat Cheer.......do you know the old Clemson Rat Cheer?? Heh heh heh....

https://clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Rat_Cheer

it do got a smell tho

Sep 9, 2019, 1:30 PM

DELICIOUS. Even tho it tastes like lickin old pennies.

oh my bad

Sep 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

thought we were in the jounge.

I did not hear it this week, but I cannot agree more.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

It needs to stop.

I would rather hear the godforsaken 'woo-hoo" over the added obscenity in the spelling of CLEMSON.

The obscenity is sophomoric and low class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 9, 2019, 1:12 PM

Trashy....but you're probably preaching to the choir on Tnet. I think you'll need to use the SnapBook or FaceChat to reach the kids

Muffin?***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

See. This is not good, either.***

Sep 9, 2019, 3:28 PM

It was done when I was a student almost 20 years ago

Sep 9, 2019, 2:03 PM

Back then a few people in the student section would yell it. Now it seems like the whole student section has decided to say MF’n during the spelling of Clemson. I definitely wasn’t a saint as a student, and my college version of me would be the last person who should lecture students about gameday behavior, but it’s not a good thing for the kids. Really don’t like when someone not in the student section decides to yell MF’n behind families with children at the game.

Re: It was done when I was a student almost 20 years ago

Sep 9, 2019, 3:13 PM

Not done when I was there in late 70s. Sure we cursed, but don't remember hearing as much then as now. Seems like it's a lot more prevalent. I know, "get off my yard."

Sep 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

Is this peer pressure ? Because this is how bullying starts .

Also , if you think a bunch of 20ish students are going to tell other 20ish students not to be potty mouths you have no idea how these peoples be working things out.

My daughter was on that hill , I will ask her for you though ...see if we can't bolt a trend ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic