»
Topic: If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 9, 2019 4:50 PM by: Pawsitive Force
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:20 PM

I’m certainly thrilled about it as a Clemson fan, but I don’t understand it from the TV perspective this week.

Any thoughts?

2019 white level member

GO TIGERS

They know that Clemson is gonna lay an egg.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:23 PM

Joking!!!!

Everyone wants to watch the champs!

Fox has started making Noon their prime slot and picking

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:25 PM

the best possible game to follow their morning show in an attempt to pump their ratings. Penn State/Minnesota at Noon is likely counter programming, plus colder weather up north means the B1G is loathe to play night games in November.

That leaves us as the best matchup for ABC. Other night games this week are even more iffy, with Georgia/Missouri and Oklahoma/Iowa State.

I'd probably have gone with the OU game as Iowa State isn't that bad.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Johnny Conspiracy says

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:26 PM

ABC knew that the committee would leave Clemson out of playoff this week , forcing Dabo to take the gloves off and trounce ncsu with 700 yds of offense...lots of scoring good for ratings

I dated Johnny's sister

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:30 PM

Iva, once. That was a big mistake!

Re: If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:29 PM

Our game was the best choice ABC had this week. Minnesota vs. Penn State could not be at night. For Big Ten games in November both schools must agree to it for a game to be held at night. Minnesota declined to play the game today at night. Otherwise, ABC would have likely chosen it to be the night game and we would be at noon or 3:30.

Easy Answer

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Clemson is a prime time team!

Maybe Saban and SEC didn't want night game?***

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 2:36 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

SEC only gets one night game per year, and went with UGA/ND***

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:19 PM

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Should say CBS only gets one SEC night game per year.***

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Bama's LED lighting burned out... Ali Express ePack due

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:23 PM

...next month

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: If I’m ABC, I want max ratings to pull max ad $$. Why Clemson vs. NCSU in primetime tonight?

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:48 PM

As odd as it seems, the 3:30 game has had the highest ratings over the past several years.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 4:50 PM

The Bama game is being carried by CBS

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Fiesta Bowl
FOR SALE: For Sale. 2 in Club Level, Sec 209, Row 3. 300.00 ea. Email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
729 people have read this post