Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hayden Hurst v Boulware.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Hayden Hurst v Boulware.

Nov 22, 2016, 11:05 PM

Is the only matchup we lose Saturday night.

They're going to try and extploit it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't know Fabio was that good....***

Nov 22, 2016, 11:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: didn't know Fabio was that good....***

Nov 22, 2016, 11:08 PM

You don't have to be good TE when you matchup up Boulware in pass coverage.

He's really bad at it. Hurst is actually pretty good and they seem to rely on him a lot.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 11:41 PM

Why not move Ben into the Middle and O'daniel to the outside to cover the TE.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bens a short tightens dipsh!t. He's not supposed to be able

Nov 23, 2016, 2:04 AM [ in reply to Re: didn't know Fabio was that good....*** ]

to perform like a corner covering a tight end. Ben's ended up having to cover much better tight ends than Hurst because of missed assignments and he's covered well. He gets blamed by morons like you that don't really understand football when they see him chasing after a tight end or receiver on a busted play so they automatically assume it's his fault. He's always having to try to clean up busted assignments, Brent Venables has said time and time again he's the QB of the offense so when something goes wrong Ben is the one that has to try and clean it up. Hurst isn't even near the top 7 in regards to tight ends we've played this year. Wakes tight end was a much bigger threat and apart from a few busts we shut him down. Ben wasn't even in at times when the tight end was running rampant at wake so you can't blame him there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bens a short tightens dipsh!t. He's not supposed to be able

Nov 23, 2016, 6:44 AM

What are you talking about. Ben has been terrible in man coverage all year. He is a great blitzer, and great run stopper, and can play in zone coverage. But just go watch the Pittsburg game. Bolware got beat not once but twice for touchdowns. Louisville first scoring drive was aided by bolware not covering well. Nobody is saying he is a bad football player. He is the heart of our defense.

Pitt has an H in it***

Nov 23, 2016, 8:37 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Nov 23, 2016, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Bens a short tightens dipsh!t. He's not supposed to be able ]

And I'm supposed to believe you know more about football than me? I bet you're a non alumn.

It's ok to be critical of a person when they don't play well. Do you need a safe space ?

I never said Ben wasn't a good football player. He's a great leader and great at stopping the run

Nov 23, 2016, 7:44 AM

I'm a non alum , and I know a great deal about football .
Boulware hasn't always been solid against the passing game when isolated , but I believe he has 4 maybe even 5 INTs (1 TD ) and he is pretty good at getting guys on the ground so long as he is playing disciplined .
I think we'll do fine , considering when the Bentley is throwing to the Hurst he will be under duress about 3/4ths of the time .
JMO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 23, 2016, 7:51 AM

The non alum comment was for this guy calling and an idiot and dish!t for being critical of Ben's pass coverage abilities.

Nov 23, 2016, 7:53 AM

No I got that , but I wanted to be clear that not all commoners like myself are short on class and style ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 23, 2016, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Bens a short tightens dipsh!t. He's not supposed to be able ]

...but you're right about that matchup , it is probably their only advantage one on one in this Saturday's game .

DB23

Nov 23, 2016, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: didn't know Fabio was that good....*** ]

Good against WCU ?
Or Mississippi Stank ?
Or was he awesome against UMash ?

DB23

Re: Hayden Hurst v Boulware.

Nov 23, 2016, 12:06 AM

Hopefully we start to take BB out on passing downs. I know he hates coming out but it's better on the team if he does

Nov 23, 2016, 12:32 AM

Zone?

Exactly!

Nov 23, 2016, 12:42 AM

I mean his coverage is so bad he didn't get an interception vs Auburn on the goal line to prevent a TD.

And that one in the Orange Bowl.... He should have never been in there on a throwing down!

Can you talk some sense into Coach V please?

Just sayin....

Re: Exactly!

Nov 23, 2016, 8:55 AM

Both were on the go line. Reduced field to cover and tight spaces. In the middle of the field he just doesn't have the speed or size to cover a tight end. Sorry but that is the fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 1:35 AM

Hurst is absolutely their best pass catcher in my opinion, and our boys have had a few issues covering TE's. The Louisville one was a monster player, and Wake's TE had a good game until he got hurt. Still, all in all, I like BB for everything else he does. Gotta take a little bad with the good at times, and I love having a guy like BB who is like an extension of BV out on the field.

Nov 23, 2016, 1:54 AM

He will get safety helper over the top this game. Corners will man up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some safety help over the top and we get a pick or two.***

Nov 23, 2016, 7:04 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct, as usual, Trop....some of the above posters aren't

Nov 23, 2016, 7:44 AM

giving opposing OC's credit for identifying and scheming to get a mismatch with Ben one-on-one on a faster player in space. Most lb's would need dB help against some of the athletic/talented TE's the Tigers have faced this season.......?some of the fault lies in the defensive scheme Boulware finds himself in

We'll see what Coach V has in store to neutralize Hurst and the chickens offensive game plan

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 8:50 AM

For me, I'm more worried about Deebo Samuel. He seems to make too many chunk plays, and is money when needed. He gets open too often for my comfort level.

And yes - BB has issues trying to cover those passing routes. I'm probably wrong, but the wheel route with the RB out of the backfield is a weakness in our coverage. I'm not sure if BB is supposed to cover that though.

I dare you to say that to his face*

Nov 23, 2016, 9:06 AM

??

I'm not worried about any of Scar's receivers...we have

Nov 23, 2016, 9:23 AM

played against better receivers on every team we have played except maybe SC State. Sure Samuels, Edwards, or Hurst may have a long gain or two but for the most part I'm betting we win those battles.

I'm not worried about any of Scar's receivers...we have

Nov 23, 2016, 9:24 AM

played against better receivers on every team we have played except maybe SC State. Sure Samuels, Edwards, or Hurst may have a long gain or two but for the most part I'm betting we win those battles.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic