Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I could see everyone accepting the fact that our QB would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

I could see everyone accepting the fact that our QB would

May 6, 2017, 9:56 AM

be a veteran replacement that is not such a good passer and a decent scrambler, if we had no other options. But folks are talking about eliminating the most important part of our offense for maybe two years. And we have a 5-star #1 qb in the nation that enrolled in January on campus and another #1 coming in next year. If Bryant is the best qb we have we are gong to struggle mightily on offense this year, plain and simple. There will be no threat of the pass. It won't matter how good our defense is. Remember 2010? That was one of the best defenses we have had and that team went 6-7. They would hold good offenses to 14 or 17 points and we'd still lose the game.

I don't know why the qb play was so disappointing in the Spring game, but they should have looked better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see everyone accepting the fact that our QB would

May 6, 2017, 10:02 AM

We were also playing with a qb that had a broken rib for most of the season. Don't sleep on Zerrick Cooper. I think he'll be the starter by the Auburn game. Kid can spin it. He's the closest thing we have to a Watson clone right now

I'm very familiar with the high school league Cooper

May 6, 2017, 10:10 AM

played in. I'm not sure he played against the best competition and was rather surprised when Clemson went after him. Just sayin.

Re: I'm very familiar with the high school league Cooper

May 6, 2017, 10:15 AM

The consensus around him I heard was that he was a little underrated since he hurt his knee during his junior year when most recruits really start picking up offers.

I also feel like Hunter Johnson probably didn't play against great competition in hs up in Indiana. I just want someone who has a good understanding and can make all the throws. Whether it be Bryant, Johnson, Cooper or whoever.

Hopefully the coaches really let Kelly loose against Kent St. so we can see what he can actually do

You nailed it when you said

May 6, 2017, 10:19 AM

"want someone who can make all the throws." I agree with that completely, but just don't feel Bryant will ever fit that description. I'm not aware of Johnson's high school competition, but what you say makes a little sense as Indiana is not a football state. That could well be a possibility and it makes me wonder how a qb in that situation gets the recruiting ranking he had. I am encouraged in that I think he competed very well at the national QB camps at NIKE etc. I have never even heard of Bryant or Cooper being in that mix.

Re: You nailed it when you said

May 6, 2017, 10:25 AM

I know Zerrick won the mvp of that Cam Newton camp in HS but that may not be a national thing.

Kelly played at a really small high school until his last year at Wren

May 6, 2017, 10:56 AM

Kelly transferred from Calhoun Falls to Wren .

May 6, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to You nailed it when you said ]

But you don't know if KB can throw it or not, you base that off of what? The spring game? When he didn't even have his starting O line? The defense knew what the Offense was running 90% of time...

None of you guys truly know what' KB can or can not do, you base it off what people hear and then they run to Tigernet blasting him like he can't throw. The coaches know, and there's a reason he's the #1 QB right now.

Just wait and see. All of you guys will be eating crow and I'll be the first to call all of you out.

Re: I'm very familiar with the high school league Cooper

May 8, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm very familiar with the high school league Cooper ]

For what it's worth, Hershel Walker, who was a great player, won the Heisman, etc., went to a small class B HS in a little town, and he was the best RB in college both his years at ugay. There are great kids with lots of talent who go under the radar, because they play at small schools, private schools, or for a lazy coach who doesn't put their info out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three things. 1). I trust dabo over you all day long

May 6, 2017, 10:06 AM

Everyday 2). They are playing against what will probably be the #1 defense in the land and will be at least 2 top 20 draft picks. 3). Certainly they are a work in progress.

No doubt we don't have Deshaun returning but people on here who think they know better than our coaches who to start need to just stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be top 10***

May 6, 2017, 10:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes - the poasters waxing poetic about our qb choice are

May 6, 2017, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Three things. 1). I trust dabo over you all day long ]

clearly retarded - but its a good laugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is

May 6, 2017, 10:09 AM

what you get? Like there is no possibility that he will get better every day. He will never be DW but he could become Jalen Hurts or JT Barrett or Woody Dantzler or Jerod Evans. Which would be pretty dang good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, you asked. I've never seen him throw a decent pass

May 6, 2017, 10:13 AM

in real game or spring game yet. And he's gotten in at mop up time against some pretty bad defenses. And I've not seen any improvement in 2 plus years, including this past April. So I'm wondering what brilliant metamorphosis is going to take place between April and August. Like I said, we have a #1 qb in the nation on the team. If we're going to take our lumbs, maybe it should be with him while bringing him along.

You could say the same of Tajh in Spring 2011.***

May 6, 2017, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, but Tajh had been a very highly regarded

May 6, 2017, 10:21 AM

recruit that had done well in the all-star games. He had also come in during the last quarter of the Charlotte bowl and lit it up before we fell short to South Florida.

Re: Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is

May 6, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

Bad example! JT Barrett was one dimensional and our defense knew it. 31-0 ring a bell? You can't be one dimensional in this era of college football.

But he was good enough to lead his team to the playoff and

May 6, 2017, 10:20 AM

he passed all over Oklahoma early in 2016 on the road.

May 6, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

bama is a running team and always has been. jesus what an idiot. even wearing sec coattails you still don't get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

because they don't know jacksh1t about fball***

May 6, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

Well, what has he done to earn the #1 spot other than

May 6, 2017, 10:23 AM

be here the longest? I'll hang up and listen to the expert.

Re: Well, what has he done to earn the #1 spot other than

May 6, 2017, 10:29 AM

he apparently, according to the hc at clemson, was named #1 during spring based on the coaches criteria. it is also subject to change at any point - or, do you not get that?? there are plenty of 4 and 5 stars to choose from - so, thats not an issue. auburn will not win here. get over it. the point is - you don't know ####. and if we don't turn the ball over like last year, we will be back in the cfp. is that enough for you??

Re: because they don't know jacksh1t about fball***

May 6, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to because they don't know jacksh1t about fball*** ]

Yep

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

look at the 2 below your poast - enough said***

May 6, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

May 6, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

If you watched Tajh Boyd throw in the spring game before his first year as starter you would have said the same thing. Really depends on who puts in the most work this summer. I think we could be successful with Kelly. Offense just may have to look a little different. He is a dynamic runner

We have had the best offense in the land for not just

May 6, 2017, 10:26 AM

Watson's time, but going all the way back to Boyd, Watkins and Hopkins. Now we are going to make the offense look different to adjust to a qb that is not even that good. We're going to do that rather than keep the great offensive scheme that we have and let one of our #1 qb recruits take the reigns. Good luck finding our way back to the old offense after two years of Bryant.

Re: We have had the best offense in the land for not just

May 6, 2017, 10:28 AM

I honestly believe unless one qb really lights it up this year that they are just keeping the seat warm for Lawrence next year

May 6, 2017, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Why do people think that with Bryant that what you see is ]

I hope you are right and he makes us a great QB, or maybe one of the others really steps up and makes us a great one. That is what we all want. Some are just concerned with what we have seen so far with such an important position on this team. IMO, the best, by far and away, looking QB in the Spring Game was Tucker Israel. Not much mention on here, and I have no bias at all (I just want the very best we have to play), but TI did the best while he was in the game. I bet his game stats showed that, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tucker Israel

May 6, 2017, 2:47 PM

Why is no one talking about him??

He "stole the show " at the spring game and hasn't he been there as long as anyone else ??

I swear he comes out and "Hunter Renfrows" y'all ... dropping bombs

Re: Tucker Israel

May 7, 2017, 12:00 AM

IMO, he certainly was the most promising QB we had in the Spring Game. He is a winner, and he is a throw 1st, run second QB. The exact opposite of KB. Our receivers are too good to be relegated to "second choice".

Welp, sky is falling guess I better give up on the

May 6, 2017, 10:21 AM

season in May.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could see everyone accepting the fact that our Coach

May 6, 2017, 10:26 AM

didn't know what he was doing if he didn't win the national Championship last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't accept it

May 6, 2017, 10:34 AM

At the end of the day, people, Dabo is an ex wide receiver and former wide receivers coach.

First and foremost...Clemson under Dabo is, was, and likely always will be Wide Receiver U. It's how he built the program, it's how he won games, it how Dabo butters his bread. It's our biggest edge and the thing we lean on above everything else.

We will always have the best WR's in college football. We will use them to create mismatches and force the opposition to defend every blade of grass on the field. We will feed them incessantly. Everything else we do ultimately spins off of that...in exactly the same fashion as everything Nick Saban does ultimately derives from dominating the LOS. It's just who we are, what we do.

Ultimately, if you're going to be a QB for Wide Receiver U, you had better be able to get this fleet of 5-star Ferrarri's and Porsches the ball. Period.

If Kelly Bryant is going to be Clemson's starting QB, it will be ultimately because he successfully feeds this fleet of wide receivers that are the most dominant and talented position group (still) that we have on the field - and this is even accounting for the dominant group we have on the D-line.

If he can't keep this fleet of wide receivers fed, he will not start for long. It really is that simple.

Again...that's how it works, at Wide Receiver U. Anybody who thinks otherwise just really hasn't paid attention to how we've won football games since Dabo's been here.

it's impossible, if you're a cocklover,

May 6, 2017, 3:53 PM

to not pee a little reading this very factual response by quozzel. i notice not one of these questionable poasters responded. hey op - we are waiting....

Re: I don't accept it

May 7, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to I don't accept it ]

If he's not going to keep our "fleet" fed, then he shouldn't be named the starter, period.

May 6, 2017, 10:45 AM

I am struggling with how our supposed #1 QB played in the game, as well. I have struggled with watching his lack of ability/willingness to even attempt passes when he has been in games. I laid that to the fact that it was usually "mop up" duty, but even when he attempted passes, he hasn't looked adept at that phase of the most important part of this offense. We have weapons at WR and backs able to receive out of the backfield, and I want them and the entire team to reach their potential. Sorry, but I don't see that happening with KB. I hope somebody steps up and surprises us. If not, this could be a long season.

I think everyone making assumptions about who will start,

May 6, 2017, 10:52 AM

who can and can't run the offense, who can throw or not even though the listed "starter" had a torn finger tendon, after spring practice with fall camp still to go are engaging in worry about nothing. Let the dang thing play out and trust a coaching staff that won a National Championship...Geez

How original, you being disappointed about Clemson and

May 6, 2017, 11:05 AM

Clemson sports. LOL, back to the barnyard coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 11:17 AM

I don't have time to explain it to you if you don't get it. Good luck with that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 11:25 AM

SMH amazing how some people go out of their way to go after this kid before he even has a chance to play in a game.

Sad really. You are not at practice you dont see him every day the coaches do.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 7, 2017, 3:04 AM

Welp, it's Tnet's resident pessimist at it again. I swear every time I see one of your posts, I'm determined not to read it and then I get caught up watching the train wreck of your glass half empty perspective. The next thing I know I've wasted 5 miserable minutes I can't get back. Congratulations, 81to85. At least your consistent.

May 7, 2017, 7:51 AM

Dabo should allow all t-netters into the closed practices. That way we can ensure that he makes the right choices for each position.

t-netters rule.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic