Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Tuesday Thoughts

Jan 29, 2013, 1:21 PM

Tuesday Thoughts

Tuesday Thoughts
Big Game
It seems like every week in the fall I feel like the next football game is the biggest game of the year. In basketball, I rarely get that feeling. On the hardwood you play so many games and if you lose on Sunday you have a chance to rebound as early as T

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could have sworn that you crowed for years about the

Jan 29, 2013, 4:32 PM

"foundation" Oliver was laying and how what he built would last. Now you say he didn't leave behind much underclassmen talent...How does that work?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Transfers?***

Jan 29, 2013, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't look back, look ahead...

Jan 29, 2013, 8:02 PM [ in reply to I could have sworn that you crowed for years about the ]

Brownell is going to be special. Let's make him the next Pitino/Kryzewski!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't look back, look ahead...

Jan 29, 2013, 11:08 PM

Brownell is already special, probably the second best BBall coach we have had in my memory, I would put Rick Barnes in front of him at this point... but he has a real good chance to pass him in a few years....

Re: Don't look back, look ahead...

Jan 30, 2013, 8:23 AM

Totally agree. I am so excited about watching these players develop. There are going to be some really good players that come out of BB's program. For one, I am glad OP is gone. The shine wore off after a few years when people quit playing for him.

Hang on everyone! Leave BB alone, let him work and the 2014-2015 season is going to be the start of consistent, high level BBall at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could have sworn that you crowed for years about the

Jan 30, 2013, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I could have sworn that you crowed for years about the ]

simple, in his last couple of years, he didn't recuit anyone. Why do you think out of 13 players, we have 2 seniors and no juniors. The transfers were ones who didn't want to play defense, just run and shoot.........

Olivers last recruiting class was supposed to a great one

Jan 30, 2013, 9:07 AM

but I believe 2 of the ?4 transferred and the McDonald's all american (Jennings) has be somewhat of a disappointment. Since then Brownell has shown he can coach but has been marginal at recruiting. If he can get momentum I feel he can coach these guys back into the top third of the ACC.

One of the 2 that transferred wasn't D1 caliber

Jan 30, 2013, 10:24 AM

the other was supposed to be a shooter, but really struggled during his one year with the program

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic