Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are there any actors/musicians/athletes/authors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Are there any actors/musicians/athletes/authors

Jul 8, 2020, 2:14 PM

who you respect for the work that they do, but whose political views so conflict with your own that you no longer consider yourself a "fan" of theirs?

For me, the difference of opinions itself is not an issue - I respect everyone's right to their opinion - but there are a handful who seem to abuse their access to mass media, and to be a bit too outspoken for my taste.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely ignore the politics and opinions of

Jul 8, 2020, 2:21 PM

entertainers. Their function is to entertain, and once they step outside a movie/TV role, or the field of play, then I cease to pay attention to them.

For the same reason, I couldn't possibly care less about who they are dating, and junk like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with your sentiment, but some are just hard to ignore

Jul 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

I respect the ones who feel like you do - that their opinion is no more valid or important than anyone else's. I especially like the ones who retire from their field and more or less fade into the sunset.

“And junk like that”

Jul 8, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to I completely ignore the politics and opinions of ]

Gee Beav, Pop’s gonna be awfully sore if you keep using language like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are there any actors/musicians/athletes/authors

Jul 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

The problem is that in the age of social media, a rich person's opinions are now "news". So-and-so said this, so-and-so tweeted that. Genius on the part of the platforms as a business, but shame on us for supporting it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a bummer when someone who seems cool turns out to be a

Jul 8, 2020, 2:44 PM

Scientologist.

Trump & Jr had enjoyable reality tv shows. Not a fan anymore

Jul 8, 2020, 4:02 PM

Especially dislike the Tweeter in Chief role.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 5:01 PM

I can't imagine being less interested in what any of them think about anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 6:38 PM

If you are a lib, then you see the large majority of these people in your daily echo chamber, reflecting the views of all the other libs.

If you are a conservative, you hardly hear about any of these types of people being conservative.

Thus, I differ with most of them, but admire almost all of them for their talents. I've said I would "give up" the outspoken leftists, but TBH I could not name that many of them.

Okay, Madonna is one. Like her 80s music and 80s body. Today, not so much on body and less on current music. Of course, I have not aged at all! :)

Musicians especially...since I have no musical ability, I am always impressed and amazed at how artists master their instruments. And, bands...I love watching documentaries of bands that have stood the test of time and how they made it so long. Never without drama. You have these highly creative and headstrong people having to work together to make music. It's an interesting study in human relations...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Jul 8, 2020, 8:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic