Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I coming to terms with the fact that I’m never going to see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,041

I coming to terms with the fact that I’m never going to see

Jan 16, 2018, 7:59 PM

this streak end in my lifetime. . .not sure what the jinx is up there, but it bites the Tigers every dang time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I coming to terms with the fact that I’m never going to see

Jan 16, 2018, 8:00 PM

Jinx? It’s called better talent. UNc has our # dude...just hang it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

You guys are right, we just suck. . .sorry I didn’t realize

Jan 16, 2018, 8:05 PM

that earlier. My bad!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but every other acc team has a win there

Jan 16, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I coming to terms with the fact that I’m never going to see ]

And that includes the new boys Miami, VT, BC, Pitt etc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but every other acc team has a win there

Jan 16, 2018, 8:13 PM

Not to mention Wofford this year also, but Wofford must be better than Clemson.

The jinx is that they are better in basketball at every

Jan 16, 2018, 8:03 PM

position. Their second team would start on Clemson's squad. The refs called the game well. Couldn't hit free throws to cut into the lead, threw up some of the most horrendous shots I have seen this year, and can't hold on to the ball when not throwing up clankers. The reason its 58-0 is because they are better than us 58 times when they play there, soon to be 59. So, freaking, pathetic.

Re: The jinx is that they are better in basketball at every

Jan 16, 2018, 8:06 PM

Not all 58 times, but mostly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that still doesn't explain it

Jan 16, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to The jinx is that they are better in basketball at every ]

Even if you are better 58 times will you win every single time? Stats say no. Look around the country. Sorry basketball programs like Oregon State have won at Arizona and UCLA before. Texas Tech has won at Kansas, Ole Miss at Kentucky, Northwestern at Michigan State etc etc

Re: that still doesn't explain it

Jan 16, 2018, 9:39 PM

It has gotten to the point with the streak that we can't sneak up on them or catch them looking ahead because they want to keep it going.

Jan 16, 2018, 8:10 PM

They have always been better, except maybe a couple of years when Matt Doherty was the coach, and we couldn't beat them then. I am now thinking that the intimidation factor is just too much for a team not as talented, but could compete on a given night. Intimidated and tight is not a winning formula! I still love this team, but they can't overcome much better talent away from home!

their 8 win team beat us***

Jan 16, 2018, 9:28 PM

And you may never see USuCk beat us again in football

Jan 16, 2018, 10:06 PM

I can live with that.

It’s sll about the talent gap. One year we will catch them despite that. All streaks eventually end. Just ask Ken Hatfield (first loss ever anywhere to UVA).

Jan 16, 2018, 10:18 PM

Same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 10:36 PM

To Coach Brownell and future Clemson BB teams:

There are a multitude of Tiger fans who are fed up with “the Streak” in Chapel Hill, as well as no ACC Tournament Championship! Will we ever accomplish either?

What does it take for the AD and Basketball staff to not recognize the absolute frustration involved from those who have lived thru being a fan during fifty plus years of losses. I realize the players put forth the effort to win, but I also plainly ask - what sense of focus it is going to take before we finally treat both circumstances with utmost urgency? Clemson BB will not be seen in any other positive perspective beyond a few good years until we make up our minds to finish those two feats.

We are the owner of the nation’s longest losing streak on an opponents floor and the only original ACC member not to won the tourney!
I am tired of living with both legacies! Quit downplaying them and instead solve how to compete to overcome them.

Nor I

Jan 16, 2018, 10:21 PM

nor I.

Se la vie.

Zion next year***

Jan 16, 2018, 10:38 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,041
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic