Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I come in peace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3,096

I come in peace

Dec 3, 2012, 5:30 PM

I see some on here think LSU fans think the program is above Clemson. Not true. If you have time, check this link http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2012/12/3/3722392/same-as-it-ever-was

It's a good read and explains LSU fans frustrations. You guys have a good program and LSU won't be taking you lightly. Both teams deserve better than the peach. It's the bcs tie-ins that's killing cfb. Louisville in the sugar= joke, northern illinois in orange= joke, Wisky in rose= joke. LSU is the highest ranked team ever in BCS history to not go to a new years day bowl. Also we have great fans and dumba@#$. Same goes with any fan base. Here's to a great game free if injuries!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I come in peace

Dec 3, 2012, 5:31 PM

Thanks. Your post is a refreshing change from the trolls that were here earlier in the week.

Good luck. And "Go" Tigers!

=do you enjoy tiger droppings?***

Dec 3, 2012, 6:00 PM

Re: =do you enjoy tiger droppings?***

Dec 3, 2012, 6:50 PM

Why yes, yes I do.

For your friendly, harmless

Dec 3, 2012, 5:32 PM

post, expect to be attacked viciously.
Sorry...it just happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Re: For your friendly, harmless

Dec 3, 2012, 5:46 PM

I sure hope not.. if any read what U wrote and linked they will only be glad to have U here with us... we also have a long history of repeated screwing's by our stupid conf

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post. We certainly welcome the friendly banter, and we

Dec 3, 2012, 5:32 PM

will be even more welcoming if you admit your mutual hatred of the coots ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Nice post. We certainly welcome the friendly banter, and we

Dec 3, 2012, 5:47 PM

By coots, I suppose you mean gamecocks? If so, yeah most teams in sec east get smacked around by the sec west. UF beating us this year was an exception to the norm. USCE sees a L every year they play us.

i disagree.

Dec 3, 2012, 5:33 PM

Bowl games are killing cfb.

1st step to a playoff is getting rid of bowls and polls. You win your conference, you are in the playoff. You don't, go home and think about where you went wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: i disagree.

Dec 3, 2012, 5:41 PM

Disagree. What if your conference has the best 4 teams and only two happen to play each other in the regular season?

tough breaks

Dec 3, 2012, 5:55 PM

it is funny how the "toughness" of a conference is awesome when the tv contracts and rakings are being negotiated, but then it becomes a crutch when post season play is determined.

either way.. too bad. Every 1 has a shot to win their conference. Win it, you are in. Don't, and you go home like the majority of the teams in the nation.

NO different than the NFL. The NFC east may have 4 teams better than any other team in the NFC. However, the 8-8 winner of the Central will end up in the playoffs and some team in the NFC East will be watch it on TV. No 1 complains.

Everyone complains about not having a playoff, but no 1 wants to do what it takes to get to a playoff. You will never have a legitimate playoff if you use polls or committees to determine who is a greaser and who is a socs. All you will do is make a bunch of would be socs cry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Bowl games have existed for a very long time

Dec 3, 2012, 5:43 PM [ in reply to i disagree. ]

They promote inter divisional play you don't normally get the chance to play with another team (ie: third time ever playing LSU). Bowl games rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

AND, they were started as an event to benefit the host city

Dec 3, 2012, 5:48 PM

not to just reward the teams with the best record.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great... then keep them and don't complain about a play offs

Dec 3, 2012, 6:03 PM

using polls to determine who is in and who is not will not change things. In 2014, 4 teams will not be crying, but more will. When you start choosing who is the best 1 loss team and who has 2 losses that is really better than a 1 loss team you will just create more controversy.

I guarantee George, LSU, and Florida would all be crying fits this year if Oregon and K State end up in the 4 team so called playoff with Bama and ND. Heck, even USuC would have a legitimate gripe if UGA and LSU do. Then if a 2 loss team has a gripe, Stanford, Oklahoma, NOrthern Illnois will all be chiming in.

This doesn't have to be an either/or scenario

Dec 3, 2012, 7:05 PM

8 team playoff. Conference champs and "best" at large from smaller conferences or other non-conference winners.

Have the rest of the bowls as you want.

Easy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that sounds like a soccer tourney in North Korea***

Dec 3, 2012, 5:46 PM [ in reply to i disagree. ]

Big money is killing college football.

Dec 3, 2012, 5:59 PM [ in reply to i disagree. ]

TV esp. is driving conference realignments, bowl proliferation, etc. The biggest problems with the bowl system right now are that there are way too many games and conference tie-ins. I would like to see a playoff too, but it won't happen anytime soon b/c there's too much money in the bowls as they are.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Disagree. MONEY has killed college football.

Dec 3, 2012, 6:10 PM [ in reply to i disagree. ]

It's all about the benjamins. Nevermind what makes sense or what is good for college athletes.

You know the difference between the Orange Bowl and the Belk Bowl? NOT A DAYUM THING (other than the payout). They're both equally meaningless.

The only game that matters is the BCS championship 1 vs 2. That is sad and something has been lost in the glut of meaningless bowl games in which teams with records of 6-7 can participate.

This not to mention the conference realignments that make no sense other than to ensure the schools get the money they're after.

It was better before the BCS ever came along.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems we have a lot more in common than I thought !***

Dec 3, 2012, 5:39 PM

A nice stark contract between our boards. We had

Dec 3, 2012, 5:46 PM

a Tiger of our own extending an olive branch on your Tigerdroppings and the first 5 posts were "Eff you" and "You suck", etc.

Appreciate a level headed LSU fan coming here, the trolls beat you here, so a lot of us have a horrible first impression of LSU fans. Hopefully a few more like you can find there way here and debunk that!

Hoping to meet a lot of y'all in Atlanta and looking forward to what will be one of the best bowls of the 2012 season!

GO TIGERS! (spelled that way, not your geaux... ;))

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

you said you weren't going! You get a cure for that

Dec 3, 2012, 5:50 PM

pussywhipdisease?

;)

Re: A nice stark contract between our boards. We had

Dec 3, 2012, 5:53 PM [ in reply to A nice stark contract between our boards. We had ]

Take tigerdroppings replies as a grain of salt. Fans on there rip each other over comments. When they reply like that, its not in hate. I'm serious, they speak weird languages on there lol. Ie Germans when you don't understand a comment. Tons of acronyms. You need a geek dictionary to understand half the stuff. Great website, lots of tools still living in their parents basement on there.

Thanks for beating SCU. Wish we could have done the same.***

Dec 3, 2012, 5:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I couldn't get past your first sentence..

Dec 3, 2012, 5:50 PM

"some think LSU fans think THE program"... ehem, excuse me.. THE program? Last time I checked, THE program here is Clemson University.

& of course you aren't above us, @ 60 ft above sea level there isn't much that you ARE above!

*wink, wink*

Thanks- good article that made me think about some of CU's

Dec 3, 2012, 5:54 PM

problems with the ACC. The main difference, of course, is that Clemson has often gotten picked higher in the bowl selection process than it finished in league play thanks to our fans putting butts in the seats. At the same time, the biggest gripes most Clemson fans seem to have with the ACC has to do with Tobacco Road and things that happened 30 or more years ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: Thanks- good article that made me think about some of CU's

Dec 3, 2012, 5:59 PM

Selling seats is important. What's perplexing is LSU fans travel well and buy a ton of tickets. I think this game will be opposite. Not because its Clemson, but because Slive focks us over and the fans are fed up.

LSU and Clemson to the Big 12.

Dec 3, 2012, 6:20 PM

Think about that!

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sounds like you guys need a conference that will take care

Dec 3, 2012, 6:21 PM

of you.

The ACC will welcome you with open arms... bet ya'll never been shafted that bad! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Did you ##### over last year's rematch with Bama for the

Dec 3, 2012, 6:51 PM

Nat. Championship?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: I come in peace

Dec 3, 2012, 6:58 PM

Thanks. You'll find if you are polite most here will be in return. Ignore the inhospitable here....... The vast majority of those are coots with tiger names.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

To quote tigerdroppings

Dec 3, 2012, 7:56 PM

frick you!

JK - couldn't resist.

Hope its a good game.

Speaking of...

Dec 3, 2012, 7:58 PM

what exactly is a tigerdropping? I can only think of one thing.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 31
| visibility 3,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic