Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't seem to recall a player ever yelling something....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,943

I can't seem to recall a player ever yelling something....

Dec 1, 2012, 2:22 AM

..at an opposing coach in all the years I've watched CFB (since 1972). Is this now the "new normal"? I recall an incident in the 70's between John Madden and a Pittsburgh player (Joe Greene?), where they were jawing at each other, but that's about it. And of course I remember Dean Smith saying something to one of our players just before RIck Barnes corrected the situation....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't recall such either, Gleaner63....I won't p!ss and

Dec 1, 2012, 5:32 AM

moan about it, but I will say this: I can't imagine a Frank Howard or Danny Ford team allowing an opposing player to mouth off at either coach. They would have emptied the bench...and bed@mned the consequences. If the incident occurred, as reported, I, also, can't imagine what got into D.J.'s mind thinking he had a right to behave as such, other than the action speaks volumes about the overall discipline of his team...and I say that acknowledging D.J.'s abilities. The incident is over, as far as I'm concerned, although I like to remember a great, old saying: "What goes around, comes around...."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prime Time 1988....puntrooski game...

Dec 1, 2012, 7:58 AM

Told Danny "this one's going back". Proceeded to return the punt on the next play 70+ for TD. Then was showeredd with fluted cups and drinks that oddly had a hint of bourbon in them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Re: Prime Time 1988....puntrooski game...

Dec 1, 2012, 8:31 AM

Incorrect, Sanders did not direct his comment to Coach Ford but pointed his comment to Donnell Woolford who was a decent punt return guy as week but was Sanders primary all conference competition. Sanders didn't say "yo, Coach Ford, etc, etc...", he said "Yo Wool-Ford, etc, etc...".

But the thing that got me was that he actually backed it up.... SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't seem to recall a player ever yelling something....

Dec 1, 2012, 8:10 AM

:) Do you remember a coach slugging a player.

Re: I can't seem to recall a player ever yelling something....

Dec 1, 2012, 10:31 AM

Many on here are probably too young to know who Woody Hayes was. SIgh....

Chester McGlockton did in 1989

Dec 1, 2012, 8:48 AM

but I don't know if he singled out Sparky, or if it was just in their general direction.

Something to the effect of "get some ####### players!"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,943
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic