Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you who gave me crap
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

For those of you who gave me crap

Sep 9, 2013, 3:46 PM

The other day after the sc state win when I said that the first group played poorly and that I thought it was concerning. I was told to shut up in a not so nice way and that I'm basically a ######. Well, it seems chad Morris and I agree. Watch his latest interview and he even said he thought they stunk. He also said it was a concern. I used the term concerning.

So before you go slamming a member because they notice things that are concerning and simply point them out, why not at least entertain good conversation. And discuss different points if view without being so hateful.

The fact is, the extra work we got in vrs sc state was nice. And some players played hard. But that first quarter was very poor focus and execution for a team ranked number 4. If we play like that against a good team, we will lose. I thought it was concerning that kids are already patting themselves on the back.

This is not the time to slow up. It's like Dabo said, this is time to put the hammer down. Time to focus and play with energy and desire. Time to rise up and let our ability and pure will impose itself and be mentally tough to meet the strains and challenges of every opponent.

To be champions, we have to play to a championship standard every down, every opponent. Even against a sc state. We failed on Saturday. Lets refocus and forget who we beat and come out driven.

Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said after the game that Stoudt played really well

Sep 9, 2013, 3:49 PM

looks like Morris and I agree

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I said after the game that Stoudt played really well

Sep 9, 2013, 3:49 PM

Yes he did play well

stop making my thoughts your own***

Sep 9, 2013, 3:50 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

My thoughts exactly...

Sep 9, 2013, 9:18 PM

Just saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone called you a "######"?

that ain't right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: someone called you a "######"?

Sep 9, 2013, 4:03 PM

I hear GWP answers when someone says ######

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you going with him to Texas since y'all are buddies now?***

Re: For those of you who gave me crap

No one jumped on you for saying the offense played poorly, and in fact, most agreed with you. I doubt anyone will disagree with your reiterateed points.

Your very worrisome tone made a lot of people uneasy. You were "concerned" to the point that you appeared that you completely doubted the team, the coaches, and our starting QB.

It was perceived as condescending, as you gave off the impression that you had an obligation to be worried...because apparently, in your mind, no one else was.

You've put the straw man back up again. And this "look at me, I was kind of right" approach might not be the best. Because no one was arguing with what you were saying in the first place ---- it was the soccer-mom-like tone you were using to convey your thoughts.

HTH.

Re: Re: For those of you who gave me crap

Sep 9, 2013, 3:52 PM

Wrong

Sep 9, 2013, 3:54 PM

Thanks for yet another insightful thought!

Don't worry - I'm not "worried" or "concerned" or "other useless emotion."

Carry on.

Sep 9, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: For those of you who gave me crap ]

Can't argue with that sound logic, lol.

Sep 9, 2013, 3:59 PM

It's the kind of responses he gave on Saturday and is the reason he is still butthurt.

He'll come around once he learns how things work around here ;)

ooooh good comeback. He got cold busted!***

Sep 9, 2013, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: For those of you who gave me crap ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dude, he is a coot troll...leave him alone***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you who gave me crap ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't kid yourself . . .

Sep 9, 2013, 3:53 PM

You aren't a member . . . you are a freeloader.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Ouch or as my dad would say owie***

Sep 9, 2013, 6:02 PM

Sep 9, 2013, 3:54 PM

You're right, it's a miracle we won the game!

I can't believe you're so insecure that you had to point...

Sep 9, 2013, 3:58 PM

...this out.

Message was edited by TigerEric35® because he can't spell "insecure" properly the first time.

ensecure??***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

######... *insecure***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:01 PM

Dude, you pay Tigernet for the right to edit your post!***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I know, I know...I got caught up in the moment.

Sep 9, 2013, 4:03 PM

I am sufficiently ashamed of myself.

I screenshot before calling someone out....

Sep 9, 2013, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Dude, you pay Tigernet for the right to edit your post!*** ]

yep I'm that guy...

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

^not insecure about his spelling^***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I can't believe you're so insecure that you had to point... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trolls abound

Sep 9, 2013, 4:04 PM

of the variety you speak. They never go away. You offer constructive observation, they get offended. It's crazy. What they don't understand is it's just an entertainment board. Also, that, like you said, if you dont' play hard and play right, it comes back to haunt you at the next game.

Sep 9, 2013, 4:09 PM

Was there any doubt our first team O played like pure crap, particularly Tajh and the Oline? I thought that was obivous and it was to me and everyone else who was watching with me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 4:12 PM

No. But OP's approach tempted many (myself included) to forego his very valid observation of "offense isn't playing as well as they should" to address the fact that he was acting like there was only a slim chance that the offense would recover from their performance in a glorified scrimmage.

It was strange. But pretty much a chicken-little type thing+new poster usually leads to some flames.

Sep 9, 2013, 4:17 PM

Oh....yeah there was no doubt in my mind that we would crush them lol but we didn't look like a team that just beat UGA in the first quarter that's for sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure- keep your phone close by!!!!!!!!!

Sep 9, 2013, 4:10 PM

N/M

Sep 9, 2013, 4:16 PM

suck a ####

Crump <3 $EC

First, you're not a member, you're a visitor....

Sep 9, 2013, 4:22 PM

2nd, Chad Morris can do that. He has credibility.

Sep 9, 2013, 4:23 PM

I sort of agree. It seemed that everyone came out flat. Tajh, Hot Rod, the O-line, even the fans seemed like they weren't overly excited to be there. It was SC State but I hope the guys are ready to go every week whether it's NC State, the Citadel, or South Carolina. I have total faith in the coaches and the players that they will give their all week in and week out to put the best product on the field. Championship teams can't get complacent. They have to have the desire to win by 70 no matter who the opponent. That being said we have the talent and the Clemson Tigers will go as far as they want to go in 2013.

UGA was a monster game, and obviously emotionally

Sep 9, 2013, 4:32 PM

draining for players and fans alike. There's no way around that no matter what a coach's message is or what players say. From perhaps the biggest stage and spotlight outside of the 1982 Orange Bowl to a nooner against lowly FCS SC State the following week... anyone who wasn't expecting some drop-off in intensity Saturday, across the board, was dreaming.

I'm fairly certain this squad is going to bring it all next Thursday against the puppies.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 4:49 PM

Here is some more crap. Now stop griping and shut up!
when you become coach then I will pay attention to your concerns. Until then we are 2-0 on our way to being ACC Champs national Champs & Beating SC Gamecocks!!!!! And I will wear my orange colored glasses and enjoy every second of it!

Sep 9, 2013, 4:57 PM

They did the same thing to me too, brother. I'm proud of you for standing up and telling it like it is! I too shared the same sentiments Morris ended up repeating in his interview. Sucks that in the world of free speech, so many argumentative-minded trolls suck all the marrow out of edifying conversation.

I know EXACTLY what you're saying. Wish you had been

Sep 9, 2013, 5:27 PM

sitting behind me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People love to talk big behind a computer screen***

Sep 9, 2013, 5:41 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Agree 100%. And I can guarantee you no matter how blunt

Sep 9, 2013, 5:46 PM

we are with critism here, the coaches are ten times that in practice and the film room. Their jobs depend on it. Never understood the folks that simply reply by calling one a coot or saying shut up.

Sep 9, 2013, 6:35 PM

Nobody said they played great. We toldyou to quit your whining and enjoy the win. The coaches will take care of the other stuff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

come on, tiger lore. the coaches will take a 63-17 win,

Sep 9, 2013, 7:18 PM

and find enough wrong to fix some things. gosh, you can't think we have EVER played close to a perfect game, do you ? i take it from your post that you are a younger gentleman, maybe 18-22 yrs. old, if that,( i wouldn't be good at 1 of those circus things). but this win, and the off week, will give our coaches the opportunity to reinforce what they have been teaching them since day 1. the point is, it's never as good as it looks, or as bad as it seems.
sincerely, sgt tiger

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 8:58 PM

> The other day after the sc state win when I said that
> the first group played poorly and that I thought it
> was concerning. I was told to shut up in a not so
> nice way and that I'm basically a ######.
>

Was the emphasis on the "Re" or on the "####"?

i didnt tell you to shut up the other day

Sep 9, 2013, 9:16 PM

but i am now.

shut up.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic