Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe how cocky they are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,887

I can't believe how cocky they are

Aug 18, 2018, 12:58 PM

ruffledfeathers

Joined:Dec 26, 2000Messages:943Likes Received:270Location:South Carolina

A&M is next team, after the first two ommissions, comparable to us in talent that I think will be another close game with them, but at home we eek out a close win. Jimbo might rally them to play better than expected, but I think in his first year, we have a coaching advantage. Next year could be a whale of a game in College Station. That still might happen this year. Only team worrisome at the moment. Looking forward to how they shake out up to our game.

Assuming Kentucky doesn't break Deebo's leg again, we should have a talent edge, when healthy, this year. Deebo and his teammates have this one circled on the calendar. I will be shocked if we don't win by ten points or more.

Missouri will put some points on us, but no defense to stop us. We have a better defense. Something like 38-24 South Carolina. When they firm up their defense, watch out.

Ole Miss is similar but maybe better defense, maybe. Offense will be a step down from last year, maybe. Something like 35-21 South Carolina.

Florida isnt as talented as some seem to think they are. They are roughly about same as Kentucky, but Kentucky beats them this year. They may be "coached up" by our game, but our offense is too much for them. I'm guessing something like 27-17

32 ? ruffledfeathers, Thursday at 5:01 PM .

LazyIslander

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe how cocky they are

Aug 18, 2018, 1:04 PM

I stopped reading after he said coaching advantage.
LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost me at..

Aug 18, 2018, 1:07 PM

"I cant believe how cocky they are"........
In the 100+ years of chicken kicking have they EVER shut up? No. What makes you think they would now? cupcake schedule... they will get to 8-10 wins this year.. which of course is right up there in the top 10 of Coot U history. Muschamp will be their "savior" even after we curb stomp them in the valley.. and "the worm is beginning to turn" LOL.

Re: You lost me at..

Aug 18, 2018, 2:18 PM

Coots are extremely proud losers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 18, 2018, 1:09 PM

Typical downplay the opponent and upgrade their sorry talent, especially on defense. I fully expect for Usuck to lose to Texas A&M because Jimbo is a better coach than Muscrap! Furthermore TAMU has better overall talent and slightly better depth. Mizzou has a superior QB and equal offensive personnel. Defenses and the kicking game along with any turnovers will determine outcomes in the Usuck toss-up games.

I believe this preseason number two pick in the SEC least will come back to earth after having a bit of luck last season.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 18, 2018, 1:13 PM

It's the preseason. Basically the only time that they can be cocky so they have to get it out of their system. To a Coot Fantasy Football is the preseason when they write stories about how good their team will be before they even take the field.

Aug 18, 2018, 1:48 PM

Jimbo will have it rolling by mid season and they will stomp the dirtpeckers. I think the Aggies will win 9 or 10 games this year.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:30 PM

Have you looked at thier schedule ?
They will be lucky to win 8 games

Aug 18, 2018, 2:03 PM

"...but at home we eek out a close win". Just how does one "eek" out a close win.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2018, 2:06 PM

When you are sitting behind perennial football powerhouses like Purdue & Virginia in both total wins & winning percentage AND you are talking trash......well......I wish they’d shut up for just a minute. I’d like to hear what kind of trash Virginia is talking.

Aug 18, 2018, 2:17 PM

Their delusion level is off the charts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Miss is pathetic this year - may not win an SEC game.

Aug 18, 2018, 3:30 PM

just say'n.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 2:32 PM

If the opponents weren't cocky where would the excitement be from the Tiger fans for the upcoming games.

I'm sure you'll admit that the Tigers feel a lot more invigorated before the game and have a lot more satisfaction after a win from cocky teams that lose to you.

Aug 19, 2018, 2:38 PM

Nope not at all. Especially not teams on similar levels like GSU and Scar.

Just like the team it’s all business until we get to the playoffs. Then the games become interesting and the quality of opponent is closer to what Clemson fields and the fans know it. So you and others fans can run your little mouths and it doesn’t mean much.

Why for the last 3 years of playing Bama, I’ve run across exactly 1 idiot fan while being at the games. Just different attitude when you are the big dogs.

Aug 19, 2018, 3:07 PM

Nope not at all. Especially not teams on similar levels like GSU and Scar.

Just like the team it’s all business until we get to the playoffs. Then the games become interesting and the quality of opponent is closer to what Clemson fields and the fans know it. So you and others fans can run your little mouths and it doesn’t mean much.

Why for the last 3 years of playing Bama, I’ve run across exactly 1 idiot fan while being at the games. Just different attitude when you are the big dogs.

I can see you not respecting GSU yet.

Still I see a lot of anti coot talk & others on this board.
If you can't get excited about your ACC schedule then maybe your OOC schedule should only include
perennial top 20 teams outside the ACC.

You know, to prove that the Tigers are the best before the simple 4 team playoff which is adequate.

FCS Playoffs - IMO, I don't see there being any need to go above 8 teams in the FBS playoffs. The 5 G5 conference champs & 3 open bids for the best of the rest.

Aug 19, 2018, 6:48 PM

Maybe you misunderstood my post. It’s not about conference respect or top 20 ooc games. Clemson is in a top tier level and the game is about business in order to get to the playoffs. Watch our games, the closer to championship time the better we get.

As for respect of GSU, I respect your players and coaches and fan base. I also know the game won’t be more than a scrimmage. So come collect your paycheck, enjoy the atmosphere, and help us tune up for the bigger games.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:45 PM

Maybe you misunderstood my post. It’s not about conference respect or top 20 ooc games. Clemson is in a top tier level and the game is about business in order to get to the playoffs. Watch our games, the closer to championship time the better we get.

As for respect of GSU, I respect your players and coaches and fan base. I also know the game won’t be more than a scrimmage. So come collect your paycheck, enjoy the atmosphere, and help us tune up for the bigger games.

"ClemME08 -Nope not at all. Especially not teams on similar levels like GSU and Scar.
Just like the team it’s all business until we get to the playoffs. Then the games become interesting and the quality of opponent is closer to what Clemson fields and the fans know it.
So you and others fans can run your little mouths and it doesn’t mean much.

Why for the last 3 years of playing Bama, I’ve run across exactly 1 idiot fan while being at the games. Just different attitude when you are the big dogs."

TALON - I guess that you don't worry about any teams in the first 12 games.

Funny when GSU entered the FBS for the first 2 years the ACC didn't really surprise us as in GT & NC State. Neither did SEC UGA which we took into overtime.

Still you can point at our last 2 horrible years and say "The tigers can beat that G5 team" & rightfully so.

If GSU rebounds under its new head coach and staff you may have the privilege of crying & watering your field.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:53 PM

I agree but we do the same thing. KB brings out the orange tinted glasses for all. We believe we can win it all with a RB playing QB. I’ve been PC for too long. I love KB. His heart, his effort, his knowledge but his ARM sucks and he’s not a QB. Time to pass the torch.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:54 PM

The coots only have a few good players. A couple of injuries leaves their squad depleted. Clemson could lose half of their starters on both sides of the ball and still be better with backups. Not kidding either.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic