Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 125
| visibility 1

TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools

May 22, 2018, 5:35 PM

Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools

Former Clemson defensive tackle Josh Belk announced last Wednesday that he would transfer from the University after being granted an unconditional release from Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools

May 22, 2018, 5:39 PM

Makes sense Athens is much closer to home than Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 5:40 PM

Guess that runs out filing the hardship with the NCAA because he needed to be close to home due to illness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is his "sick" mother receiving treatment in Athens?

So, he is a lying sack of ####

who needs a personal injury lawyer to lie through.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, he is a lying sack of ####

May 23, 2018, 8:16 AM

I don't ever recall any transfer communicating through an attorney. That's the craziest part. This will come back to bite him one day, somehow. Methinks momma may be driving more of this than he is himself, but what do I know.

I've never in my life heard of a college athlete retaining a lawyer in order to transfer. Consulting, maybe (though I've not heard of it), but retaining and communicating through him, that's highly, highly, highly suspicious.

Lawyer

May 23, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to So, he is a lying sack of #### ]

Sounds like the lawyer is already setting himself up as an agent. Would be smart to avoid this guy for any school. OK, maybe not UGA with all their criminals, and USC who's desperate for bodies.

He reminds me of the 30 for 30 on Marcus Dupree who was swindled out of his money by a so called "family friend"

Re: Lawyer

May 23, 2018, 2:21 PM

His lawyer is a huge UGA fan. I know for a fact. Not surprised at all.

May 22, 2018, 5:41 PM

Forgive me if this sounds obtuse but wouldn’t Athens, GA be at least another hour further away from Fort Lawn, SC than Clemson is??

May 22, 2018, 8:40 PM

Yes it’s about another hour. I’m from Chester, S.C. and lived in Gainesville ga(where DW4 is from) from Clemson Gainesville is about 1 hr and a half Athens is a little closer.

May 23, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

I mean who in the world have bought his story in the first place? All a pack of lies from the beginning.

Uhhh...

May 23, 2018, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

I’d have more respect if he just came out and said his reason.

May 22, 2018, 5:45 PM

I think it’s pretty clear the family illness isn’t the main reason for his transfer...and the the fact that he’s using that as an excuse is wrong. Reports of him visiting TENN and now UGA proves that distance from home wasn’t the issue.

The fact that he felt the need to hire legal council...

May 22, 2018, 5:46 PM

is also a bit suspect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I said that to my family as soon as the news broke.

May 22, 2018, 5:50 PM

The whole thing is weird. We are definitely not getting a big piece of the pie.

Re: I said that to my family as soon as the news broke.

May 23, 2018, 9:22 PM

The lawyer makes me more nervous than anything. Did he say “y’all did this and this while recruiting me” and lawyer up to get out of his commitment. Of coarse that would have been after 4 all Americans said they were coming back. All speculative at this point and I may not want to know the answer. I do believe we run a good clean program but reqruiting is reqruting and all the big boys hurdle the fence with that.

Re: I’d have more respect if he just came out and said his reason.

May 23, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to I’d have more respect if he just came out and said his reason. ]

The fact that others and myself received a hoard of td's a couple of days ago for stating this is even sadder

I’d have more respect if he just came out and said his reason.

May 22, 2018, 5:45 PM

I think it’s pretty clear the family illness isn’t the main reason for his transfer...and the the fact that he’s using that as an excuse is wrong. Reports of him visiting TENN and now UGA proves that distance from home wasn’t the issue.

Re: I’d have more respect if he just came out and said his reason.

May 22, 2018, 5:50 PM

I agree.

May 22, 2018, 5:49 PM

Any kid that would lie to Dabo about wanting to be close to his sick mother and then go to thUGA, belongs in thUGA.

May 22, 2018, 5:54 PM

SO right. But look at it this way, we do not need someone like that on the team. Can not be trusted.

Re: Agree!***

May 24, 2018, 5:20 PM

May 22, 2018, 5:49 PM

Any kid that would lie to Dabo about wanting to be close to his sick mother and then go to thUGA, belongs in thUGA.

I'm sure Dabo knows what's going on.***

May 22, 2018, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if he lied to Dabo?***

May 22, 2018, 7:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

Dabo knew exactly what’s was going on, that’s why Belk had to get a lawyer to get his way. It’s really sad that he would use a family members illness as an excuse because he doesn’t want to work for his spot on a roster.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 22, 2018, 6:48 PM

he could leave the team any time without Dabo's blessing. and he can't strong arm Dabo into an unconditional release because the transfer rule is an NCAA rule that no matter what Dabo says, the NCAA makes the decision to grant the transfer waiver or not...

and it's not a roster spot issue...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 7:41 PM

I’ll play... what is the issue then?

our staff doesn't lie to recruits

May 22, 2018, 10:23 PM

Belk knew exactly what he needed to know about the roster before signing, and he knew it was a good roster to join. what most people did not know was that CWilkens took the GMAT or whatever entrance exam for grad school in January because only a first round grade would keep him in the draft. Belk had no problem with the roster with or without CWilkens. usuck always had the easiest roster to crack and still do.
do you really think that our staff was less than truthful about our roster to Belk? I bet out of uga, tenn, usuck and The Good Guys, one of those didn't send a particular prospective student a letter of acceptance...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

And you know that how?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our staff is very upfront about roster projections

May 22, 2018, 10:29 PM

to recruits. do you really think that anyone on our staff would be even slightly less than truthful just to get a commitment? if I am not mistaken, you regularly beat the drum of this being a virtuous, upstanding staff who are above reproach, amirite?

Ummm...

May 22, 2018, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

the unconditional release meant that he would have no school restrictions to which he transferred to. It has nothing to do with if he sits out a year or not. Most times, someone wanting to leave is allowed to leave but not allowed to join a school on the future schedule.

Dabo doesn't care where he goes, so he gets the UCR

May 22, 2018, 11:49 PM

but Belk wants to play this August, he needs a lawyer to fight that battle with the ncaa... but being the good guy that Dabo is, he does not want to be involved with this situation anymore; he fully knows the situation and has decided that it's not worth the brand and image he has worked so hard to build to have any ties to Belk...

May 22, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

Relax, we should give thanks to who ever is responsible for taking out our, well you know!!!

I cannot tell you how many dead grandmothers have kept me

May 22, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

from collecting my rent over the years. One tenant had at least 8 of them to die.

Re: I cannot tell you how many dead grandmothers have kept me

May 23, 2018, 3:12 PM

kinda reminds me of a girl I once knew.asked her out,but she said she couldn't go,because her grandmother had just died.after some time had passed,i decided to ask her out again,and because her memory was a bit porous,she gave me the same excuse.after that I thought it best not to pursue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 23, 2018, 10:01 PM

You know the deal on telling lies, you can't remember what lie you told just days after telling them, but you can remember the truth years after you tell the truth!!!

May 24, 2018, 1:48 PM

absolutely true.that's why people hold our beloved political leaders in such high regard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 22, 2018, 5:52 PM

I thought his reason for leaving was to be closer to home?

May 23, 2018, 11:04 AM

It's called "LYING."

And he got an unconditional release because?!?!?***

May 22, 2018, 5:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He hired a lawyer to strong arm Dabo with a bogus lie***

May 22, 2018, 6:03 PM

Re: He hired a lawyer to strong arm Dabo with a bogus lie***

May 22, 2018, 6:45 PM

he can't strong arm Dabo, the transfer rule is an NCAA rule that no matter what the coach says, the NCAA makes the final decision to grant the transfer waiver or not

Re: He hired a lawyer to strong arm Dabo with a bogus lie***

May 22, 2018, 8:36 PM

You are wrong. Clemson has to release him from his scholarship first, before he can transfer. If Dabo and the AD say no, Belk has to sit out the year and cannot transfer to another school.
The NCAA allows schools to put conditions on the release from scholarship. The only thing the NCAA can do is waive the one year sit out period if Belk can prove a hardship within a limited scope.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scholarships for football are one year contracts

May 22, 2018, 8:56 PM

He can quit school, sit out the year, where as his year ends at the end of the fall semester because he enrolled in January, and transfer anywhere he chooses but no one wants to take a year off from football...

Think Dabo is a nice guy that saw no reason to fight it.

May 22, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to He hired a lawyer to strong arm Dabo with a bogus lie*** ]

Lose/lose situation if he fought Belk's desires.

I think Dabo believed his lie about his Mom.***

May 22, 2018, 7:14 PM

I don't, but Dabo is smart enough to realize it's a no win

May 22, 2018, 7:37 PM

scenario. Just get the kid outta here and move on.

Re: I don't, but Dabo is smart enough to realize it's a no win

May 23, 2018, 10:19 AM

When it comes down to it, Dabo has said numerous times through his career that he doesn't want anyone here who DOES NOT want to be here. In Dabo's mind its like..."Ok you can make up any lie or excuse you want, but you if you're not ALL IN then we don't want ya here"

May 23, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I don't, but Dabo is smart enough to realize it's a no win ]

I agree.

May 23, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I don't, but Dabo is smart enough to realize it's a no win ]

My sentiments exactly, he's gone. I think we will have enough players to play next season.

Dabo is a nice guy that saw a reason to not fight it.

May 22, 2018, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Think Dabo is a nice guy that saw no reason to fight it. ]

Dabo imposing restrictions has no fear of a lawyer fighting the restrictions; the rule wholly favors the decision of the coach as representative of the school if restrictions are imposed. Dabo saw a reason to cut all ties with Belk to wipe his hands clean, shake the dust off his feet and move on...

All it really comes down to.

May 23, 2018, 11:02 AM

Clemson is no longer in a position where one player makes or breaks anything. Dabo has far more important things to do than deal with some player who doesn't want to be here for whatever reason.

Don't want to be here? Well there's the door son.. Have a good day..

Does smell sort of rotten on the tampering aspect though.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: All it really comes down to.

May 23, 2018, 3:26 PM

Dabo always has had an open door policy for players to be All In or All Out, but the unconditional release is the new thing in the deal. Dabo may be adopting this philosophy but I don't believe that is the case here... Dabo can smell the same rats that we all do and he probably smells them a whole lot sooner...

May 22, 2018, 5:54 PM

Maybe his mom only has 3 months to live and he wants to enroll in school as soon as she passes. I’m sure our senior and junior DL was challenging him to workout and diet to be a champion and maybe it was to much or maybe he was homesick and needed more time at home or the only other reason could be he was challenged to go to another school with some honey.

I certainly hope his mom gets better soon if that’s the case. It just doesn’t sound right but Dabo felt he was a good kid and released him. I’m sure the truth will come out soon and I wish him the best if he had great intentions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 22, 2018, 6:19 PM

nope, he left after spring practices ended...he would have been home anyways until the fall, so that's not the reason....plus something like that, Dabo would work with, especially seeing he's not a starter.

May 22, 2018, 5:58 PM

This attorney thing sounds super shady. More like a handler or an agent type thing. Something is very fishy about dis.

May 22, 2018, 6:00 PM

You are right cd. I can’t really say what I’d like to say. Yep ole bag man must have come sneaking around.

Everyone on here got on me for dumping on poor little uga and saying competition is good blah blah and what a great coach Kirby is etc.

Alll I can say as I’ve said it before, I hate uga and everything about it. Hope they lose any game they play. Scumbags. We better wake up and smell the coffee... and take back whats ours!!!

Dirty piece of shyatt! Garbage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 6:57 PM

He's not as good as he thinks he is as well as being A liar!

If Belk ends up at UGA,

May 22, 2018, 6:01 PM

I'm glad he'll be closer to home as he drives past Clemson on the way to Athens.

Re: If Belk ends up at UGA,

May 23, 2018, 5:27 AM

Wouldn't he use I-20 and have to pass by usuc?

Re: If Belk ends up at UGA,

May 23, 2018, 5:27 AM

I-77 and I-20.

May 22, 2018, 6:01 PM

At this point does it really matter? I vote never to see another article on the quitter posted on a Clemson site again. I know that's not my call but the way it looks this won't be his last stop where ever he chooses because if he thinks South Carolina or Georgia is going to be better he has another thing coming and that's the honest truth.

May 22, 2018, 6:05 PM

Somehow I think lying to get out of his scholarship to Clemson, only to transfer to an SEC school will not end well. But, life’s all about choices, and he made his.

May 22, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

At this point does it really matter? I vote never to see another article on the quitter posted on a Clemson site again.

I find articles on the quitter very interesting and will read any and all that are posted. Perhaps skipping over Belk threads would ease your anguish and calm your soul.

Has Boom contacted HJ yet? He's gonna need a QB next year as

May 22, 2018, 6:09 PM

"Baby Bently" will be moving on to the NFL (or so it has been reported in Columbia)

Re: Has Boom contacted HJ yet? He's gonna need a QB next year as

May 22, 2018, 7:01 PM

Don't forget he's got D Kendrick for QB at least that's what he promised him

Re: Has Boom contacted HJ yet? He's gonna need a QB next year as

May 22, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Has Boom contacted HJ yet? He's gonna need a QB next year as ]

No, Jakey can’t leave early. He said he would stay until they win a championship. So at their current pace, he’ll need to be there another 100 years or so.

Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools***

May 22, 2018, 6:10 PM

Dirtbag*****

May 22, 2018, 6:11 PM

May 22, 2018, 6:13 PM

While I defended his action as the reason was a family member being ill and wanting to be closer to home, if he goes to UGA I take it back. Heck if he even goes on a visit I take it back. He will enter scumbag territory if he visits UGA because that is not closer to home and in doing so it was all a lie.

wow

May 22, 2018, 6:14 PM

Did not see that coming

May 22, 2018, 6:24 PM

Probably a casualty of early signing period. I’ll bet he started hyperventilating when Christian announced his return Thought he would step right in and play like Big Dex did.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 6:29 PM

Liar. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. ALL. IN.

Go Tigers!!! Spot the ball!

May 22, 2018, 6:29 PM

Finally makes sense why a UGA fan would do pro bono lawyering for a future chicken. I smell an NCAA violation.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 6:30 PM

He is only including UGA to make it less obvious of tampering with Usuck.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

May 22, 2018, 6:47 PM

You'd think that's about to bring more attention to it, considering the lawyer that assisted him and took his payments just happens to be a UGA fan.

I dont think it is a family illness excuse. But whatever the

May 22, 2018, 6:41 PM

reason I wish him well. It sounds to me he didn't want to be a Tiger.

"Wish him well" when he lied to Dabo?***

May 22, 2018, 7:20 PM

I stand by my claim that there is no reason to release

May 22, 2018, 6:51 PM

people to SCAR.

Dabo was pressured to do this by some BS we don't know about. This is not an example of Dabo simply helping a kid out. Everyone should have figured that out when he hired a lawyer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I stand by my claim that there is no reason to release

May 22, 2018, 6:55 PM

the key to this is 'some BS we do not know about', if you do not know, then maybe time to just shut up by all of y'all that are trying to hurt CU??

Give me one innocent reason why he got a lawyer involved.

May 22, 2018, 7:01 PM

Why is he visiting UGA?

Well, if his Mother was getting tx at Med. school there,

May 22, 2018, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I stand by my claim that there is no reason to release ]

if that was truth, I could see why Dabo was giving him his release. But if he was lied to, I am sure Dabo is pissed!

I disagreed with you the other day b/c...

May 22, 2018, 8:07 PM [ in reply to I stand by my claim that there is no reason to release ]

SCar was his closest option within reason that still allowed him to play major college FB. The face that he'll even visit UGA (further than Clemson) shows it was all BS. You were correct good sir. To #### with Belk and I hope wherever he lands we kick his butt.

Because the argument involved him requiring

May 22, 2018, 8:13 PM

the ability to play specifically at SCAR, when he had other options, it made it seem likely to me that it was not a legitimate reason.

I've been to enough rodeos to notice BS when I smell it.

And as much as I hated the move, if it was for real then...

May 22, 2018, 8:17 PM

that was fine. I thought it was his best option to balance home and FB. I think Dabo knew it was BS but caved b/c he didn't want the negative PR that would come with 5* drama and his lawyer. Still a good move on Dabo's part IMO, but screw Belk. Bottom line, the kid couldn't take the postrecruiting phase where he wasn't getting his butt kissed.

It's Dabo's job to know what's going on and he does

May 22, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to I stand by my claim that there is no reason to release ]

And he made a decision with all of the information to clean his hands and shake the dust off his feet... Good move to do this and not stay involved

May 22, 2018, 6:59 PM

Unconditional release. Not a problem

May 22, 2018, 7:26 PM

I wish him the best.

Unconditional release. Not a problem

May 22, 2018, 7:26 PM

I wish him the best.

May 22, 2018, 7:28 PM

So wait... I was all about this kid going home to be with Mom, if she’s sick... Even if that meant him becoming a Coot... UGA & Bama though? Seriously?!?

May 22, 2018, 8:16 PM

Maybe Dabo wanted to send him packing before his ####### got himself some serious NCAA infractions.

My sources tell me he has a visit to the University Of

May 22, 2018, 8:17 PM

Washington. The misty cool climate is really good for Rose Growing ... climate is very similar to like Ireland, and he's really into growing heirloom Roses,

May 22, 2018, 8:36 PM

Is an SEC school trying to set Dabo up? Has there been a bump up in family finances since enrolling that Dabo got wind of and he escorted Belk out with no restrictions to avoid swimming in the SEC recruitment pool of slime? As soon as this bait was released back into the pond here comes USC, Tenn, UGA and Bama to reclaim their property.

It’s Simple If He Goes to UGA He is Then a

May 22, 2018, 8:45 PM

Lying PoS. If USUCK well bud said

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anyone else, plumb sick of this story

May 22, 2018, 8:59 PM

Too many other story lines to talk about...
Will Reed and Mitchell return to clemson this season
Baseball tourn- ACC
Clemson putting together another great recruiting class, who's next?
Didn't vol warm-ups start today, FB?
Gold anyone?

Anything, anyyyyything but Belk...please.

May 22, 2018, 9:00 PM

Let’s leave this be tiger nation. We don’t need a cancer like this to the team! He obviously isn’t ALL IN! Our team operates from kids that are all in. If you don’t want to be upstanding on and off the field then you don’t deserve to wear that tiger paw. We don’t need 5 stars with this coaching staff. They develop athletically, academically and in the community. Go to uga or USuCk. They don’t care about character there

May 22, 2018, 9:16 PM

If he made up a tall tale to get out of his commitment, I don't care where he goes.

He's someone else's problem now.

May 22, 2018, 9:49 PM

so he and his attorney lied about being closer to home....in the end, he will be the loser in the court of public opinion...if it Ga, even the chickens will feel used

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there you have it

May 22, 2018, 10:04 PM

Belk was mad that he wasn't going to be a year 1 starter because our D line came back, so he decided to quit. When Dabo said "Okay, you can transfer, but it'll be under our rules." Belk got a lawyer involved to make up something to get him out of there. It was all BS.

Make no mistake, the dude is a super talented football player, but is simply not what Clemson is about and for that, I'm glad he's gone. Good riddance.

Josh Belk is a liar. There is no illness in his family and

May 22, 2018, 10:07 PM

those of you who were fooled by this bullshat and made all sorts of disparaging comments to those that weren't owe us an apology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 10:28 PM

He left the program because he got there and found out he wasn’t the big fish in a little pond and couldn’t handle the competition —that’s pretty much the whole story ! Thank God for Clemson players that are truly “all in” and young men that stand behind their word !

Who give a chit where he visits?

May 22, 2018, 10:35 PM

Who care where his next failure occurs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#########

May 22, 2018, 10:45 PM

He goes anywhere other than USC and I'm calling foul. It's absolute garbage that he got an unconditional release. Now he's shopping around to schools that are farther away from his high school than Clemson? #########.

If this is true, we dodged a bullet from a headcase

May 22, 2018, 10:50 PM

Kids that act like this, usually end up washing cars in 4-5 years.

May 22, 2018, 10:56 PM

I like TigerNet quite a bit and have donated many years for the great stories. However, I wish they would quit stirring the pot with a story like this. How about we just give this some time for the truth to come out and report on the story when there is one...not just some hot button, click/flame bait kind of approach that is going on here. Professional adult reporters have managed to get grown men flaming mad at a young kid who potentially had valid private/personal reasons to go. Dabo fully supported him with an unconditional release. Maybe we should just move on to other things and come back to this only in the case that there is an actual issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 11:42 PM

Who says ole Josh is lying! I bet his family will be moved to the college town of his choice and she will be closer and richer. Let the bidding begin! Karma will suck!

May 22, 2018, 11:52 PM

Maybe Auburn called and told Dabo they needed their money back for breach of contract.

May 23, 2018, 12:00 AM

Honest mistake, they’re both Tigers. Josh just got confused.

May 22, 2018, 11:49 PM

Lance Thompson tampered. All there is to it. Hes a scumbag who has jumped from job to job, losing peoples respect along the way.

May 23, 2018, 12:39 AM

It looks as though the truth may have been absent from the presentation about having to go somewhere closer to mama. That said, his lack of character now is an issue, and I am glad he has left the program. We are not worse off for this defection, but where he winds up will be. It won't matter to some of them, however.

May 23, 2018, 8:06 AM

My dad always told me when I was growing up,if you didn't have anything good to say about someone,then just don't say nothing,so...................

May 23, 2018, 8:15 AM

Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools

Former Clemson defensive tackle Josh Belk announced last Wednesday that he would transfer from the University after being granted an unconditional release from Read Update »

I'm starting to think he has some kind of dirt on the program and/or the staff hence the lawyer.

Or he thought Dabo would release him with conditions

May 23, 2018, 10:23 AM

which might prevent him from going to the highest bidder...so he lawyered up.

I think he believed the lies that we pay players and when that didn’t happen he went all-out.

May 23, 2018, 9:57 AM

Can you believe someone would take advantage of Dabo? He shouldn't have come to begin with...

May 23, 2018, 10:17 AM

Who's gives an unconditional release these days? Bell obviously has the goods on Dabo. The kid would a welcomed addition to Kirby's DL in 2019. Strange because PT will abound in Clemson next year.

So, do you think uga outbids USCe? You better get the bag man working.***

May 23, 2018, 10:28 AM

Dabo obviously gives an unconditional release

May 23, 2018, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

especially when that release means that he honors his word to a player... you can wish Belk has some dirt on Dabo, but Smart he won't be if Belk ends up a dawg... his lawyer your "friend" will lead the ncaa straight to Smart's door with a trail of bills...

I say goodbye and let's all move on

May 23, 2018, 10:54 AM

This is an 18 year old we are talking about here, and anyone that had their whole life planned and everything in order at 18 go ahead and cast the first stone.

I'm not defending the guy because clearly there's something nefarious going on, and I don't know if we'll ever know the real story. I trust that Dabo dealt with this in the best manner possible, and I'm glad Belk is gone as we don't need players who aren't all in. I'll take a walk-on who's all in over a wishy washy 5 star any day.

So I agree with those saying that we should stop reporting on this guy on TN all together and just move on. It's become to much of soap opera.

May 23, 2018, 11:07 AM

It is beginning to sound fishy. It doesn't seem like he had what it took to make it at Clemson and is now entertaining going to lesser schools. Just like Chad Kelly, this is probably good riddance.

May 23, 2018, 11:42 AM

UGA has a (over)full roster with 86 players as of right now. Belk's chances of landing there aren't very high.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

May 27, 2018, 3:51 PM

Correct, and we were not involved in Belk’s hs recruitment Not sure how much interest we have now if we didn’t show much then.

If he’s tricked Dabo by pleading a family illness as a bogus excuse, I’m not sure we’d want him anyway, that’s just a red flag.

May 27, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Josh Belk will reportedly visit two SEC schools ]

Correct, and we were not involved in Belk’s hs recruitment Not sure how much interest we have now if we didn’t show much then.

If he’s tricked Dabo by pleading a family illness as a bogus excuse, I’m not sure we’d want him anyway, that’s just a red flag.

May 23, 2018, 1:54 PM

With all the speculation going on, if it were a family illness why wouldn’t his attorney?? advise them to just say that publicly. Bravo to coach Swinney, he recognized immediately what this kid and his family are and he gladly sent him on his way. His act will thrive in the SEC, where coaches proudly recruit by telling parents “if you want your son in the NFL (fill in the SEC COACH) then I’m your best shot. At Clemson he was expected to be a man? Too much to ask. Mistakes are fixable regrets we own till we die and this young man will regret this the rest of his life. Good riddance

May 23, 2018, 1:56 PM

Might visit UGA?! Things that make you go: “Hmmm?”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say if you wanna line up against us, bring it the #### on!

May 27, 2018, 2:22 PM

nm

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 125
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic