Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NUK sheds a little light on how life really is:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

NUK sheds a little light on how life really is:

Jun 18, 2020, 11:27 PM

He rambles a bit, but it is a true glimpse into how you are viewed as a certain kind of person.
Being profiled is not a pleasant place to be. Imagine if it was every single day of your life because of your skin color...or sex...or height...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QTcTvKycgKk&feature=youtu.be

And this is one of the best receivers in the NFL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve yet to meet a black man that doesn’t have a similar

Jun 18, 2020, 11:49 PM

story. A coworker of mine was pulled over 6 times last year. No tickets.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve yet to meet a black man that doesn’t have a similar

Jun 19, 2020, 9:08 AM

Tim Scott the senator said he was pulled over 7 times in 1 year a couple of years ago. No tickets obviously. I realize I am white, but in the 90's I had California plates on my car and I was all over the country driving. I would get pulled over and my car ripped apart because they thought I had drugs being from CA. They just make up reasons. Can't imagine being black.

I can't find it right now, there was an interview of

Jun 19, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I’ve yet to meet a black man that doesn’t have a similar ]

a black woman who found out from her white husband that traffic stops didn't take 45min normally. And we're not pulled over for random AF reasons, like a graduation tassel hanging from your rearview mirror (why she was pulled once).

I have never once been asked where I was coming from, if I owned the car, how I got the car, what I was doing in any area. All of my stops have been justified, speeding or running a stop sign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm white as a vanilla wafer and I've been pulled like that

Jun 19, 2020, 10:32 AM

a few times.

Separated me and my also white ### friend once and asked if we knew each other, what was their name etc. etc. Get out of the car, hands on the hood. If it was my car, if I had any drugs, where I was going. Asked if I was on drugs. Listed out like 15 different drugs. I didn't know what a bunch of them even were. Hands were on guns when they approached us too. Held us up for a long ### time. Wanted to search the car. Told me he was going to get a warrant. I told him have at it. I was pissed cause it had been a good while at that point.

This was in the middle of a bizzy ### intersection (behind the dead lobster in Greenville - lutz). I mean the MIDDLE OF IT.

But you know what. I complied with them and never cocked an attitude and they eventually left and I did too without any tickets or anything since I didn't do anything.

Most these cops that do #### are just on a power trip and are ##### to a lot of people.

I got ambushed coming out of Bi-Lo by 4 cops one time

Jun 19, 2020, 11:00 AM

Walking out with cases of beer in each hand, they swarmed my ### with two cop cars. Acted like Seal Team 6 to ID me. Another time me and my buddy got hand cuffed and put on the side of the road so they could search my Jeep.....That had no top or doors. No idea w tf they expected to find, you could literally see everything in the vehicle from 10' away. They were huge ######## though. Our crime? Driving after 9:00 at night.

If everyday America knew how your average DNR officer treats people doing nothing wrong, we'd all be burning #### down. I once had to do a 45 minute sobriety test on a rocking boat for no reason. They had me out there like a trained seal or something, jumping in the water and ####. Then tried to give me a breathalyzer, and when I refused they said it was just to detect hard drugs like meth and heroin. Yeah, I don't believe you. Finally let me go as my boat was washing ashore since they wouldn't let my wife crank it back up and move it.

My favorite is the time I was idling down the Seneca river with a friend and got pulled for a "safety check". My fire extinguisher was expired so I got a misdemeanor for that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've talked about that ticket--if its written by DNR its

Jun 19, 2020, 11:04 AM

illegal for it to ever be removed from your record. You can get CDV removed after 5 years. Expired fire extinguisher? Nope.

Every time I apply for a job, I have to write down the crime I committed of a having an expired fire extinguisher on my boat in April of 2001. Thats 19 years ago. It comes up on a SLED background check, and its listed as a "crime".

Same. I'm a short white dude and I can't count how many

Jun 19, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to I'm white as a vanilla wafer and I've been pulled like that ]

times I've been hassled by cops. Get out of the car, where are you going, where did you come from, whose car is this. I always love that one because they have the registration, and I know they've already run my tag.

Being hassled by cops isn't for blacks only.

I got it a few months ago trying to park my boat trailer.

What do we expect though? Half of the population wants to

Jun 19, 2020, 11:10 AM

call the police if you're not wearing the color shirt they want you to. This kind of policing was pretty much bound to happen because of those type of people. Not saying anyone in this thread is guilty of that, but how many times have you heard somebody say "you should have just called the police" over some mundane, harmless ####?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do my best to stay away from cops, the IRS and insurance

Jun 19, 2020, 11:13 AM

companies. Involvement with any of those 3 always costs me time and money I don't want to spend.

You ever been handcuffed at a routine traffic stop?***

Jun 19, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Same. I'm a short white dude and I can't count how many ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't remember that, but I have been threatened to be

Jun 19, 2020, 11:51 AM

thrown in jail at least 3x I can think of right off.

infuriating***

Jun 18, 2020, 11:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a sad fact that there are

Jun 19, 2020, 1:09 AM

racist everywhere. It sickens me. It's going to take time for the change to happen. It's not acceptable.

that is so messed up

Jun 19, 2020, 8:19 AM

even if only half true its totally messed up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet that is 100% true

Jun 19, 2020, 8:28 AM

livepd has shown many similar things - of course they usually find drugs (I am sure they do not show the ones like Nuk's) - every time they bring a dog - the dog indicates there are drugs - am most of the time the dog just runs around the car - I have never watched when the dog did not "indicate" drugs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can turn my head slightly a certain way and my dog will

Jun 19, 2020, 9:19 AM

bark at me. And he's really stupid.

I can imagine it's not hard to get a GSD to do exactly what you want with the most subtle of signals.

The fact that dogs can establish probable cause is asinine to me.

BuT tHe StAtIStiCs DoN'T sHoW ThAt.***

Jun 19, 2020, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

If YoU wOuLd JuSt CoMpLy WiTh ThE oFfIcEr...***

Jun 19, 2020, 9:31 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which he did and it’s sounds as though they didn’t even get a ticket

Jun 19, 2020, 9:45 AM

I know you are typing that with an eye roll.

There were about 18 different times he could have lost his cool and he didn’t.

Total waste of time for being profiled, but in the end complying and keeping his composure sent him along with no ticket and no trouble.

Agreed, but you are totally downplaying the incident which

Jun 19, 2020, 9:46 AM

never should have happened in the first place and never would have happened to you or me.

Also, my reply was more along the lines of the typical twitter reply from the Chuds with Aviator Glasses on in their profile pics.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It shouldn’t have

Jun 19, 2020, 12:24 PM

Shoulda been a normal traffic stop about the lane violation.

If I had to bet he saw a mixed race couple driving from TX to SC and that raised suspicion about sex and drug trafficking. Nuk even says he looks like he smokes weed, but he doesn’t.

I’m not saying it’s right. I’m just guessing that was his thought process.

I still think it should have been a quick talk about the lane violation and a friendly you aren’t from around warning or a minor fine with the ticket

Two takeaways here

Jun 19, 2020, 9:31 AM

1. Nuk sounds like he kept his cool through the whole situation. Everyone would be very agitated with the way that went down. As he said, you don’t resist someone with an ego. Cooler heads prevailed and he walked away with no tickets and a good story to share with others about prejudices being very real, even for an NFL Star.

2. I may look like I smoke, but I don’t. Reminds me of the Mitch Hedberg bit about long hair being associated with cake eaters, I bet he’s high on Bundt cake. Also helped Nuk was eating carrot cake

Good for him sharing his stories and trying to use his platform to shed some light on a tough subject in a positive way.

Drug Dogs Are Used as Legal Loophole for Searches

Jun 19, 2020, 9:38 AM

Bringing in a drug-sniffing dog is ploy to gain "probable cause" to do an illegal search of an car. All the cops have to do is put in the report that dog "got a hit". Many times it's the officer tapping the car, and the dog will respond to the cue (tap), not because of the presence of any drugs. This officer bypassed the cue and just lied.

It's also illegal to force anyone to wait for a K9 dog without reasonable suspicion.

I couldn't find a video that shows this, but I found this article that explains why Nuk's experience is total BS. If the cops find drugs, then who is to question the process. If not, it never happened.

"Handler cues are conscious or unconscious signals given from the handler that can lead a detection dog to where the handler thinks drugs are located"

https://www.animallaw.info/article/cueing-and-probable-cause-research-may-increase-defense-attacks-and-judicial-skepticism

Animal Law dot com, huh? There a section on

Jun 19, 2020, 9:42 AM

Bird Law?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcderLXiwa8

I believe every word out of his mouth, but

Jun 19, 2020, 11:46 AM

driving in the left lane not to pass? Not cool, Nuk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same thing happen to me on Super Bowl Sunday

Jun 19, 2020, 11:48 AM

2002 or 2003 between Jacksonville and Jekyll Island.

EXCEPT, they treated me with the utmost respect, didn’t put handcuffs on me, and the whole think took only 15 minutes.

The bozos in this thread saying they’ve had the exact thing happen to them as white people is exactly what’s a big part of what’s wrong in this country as far as race relations. They feel whites and blacks are treated the same by cops and don’t have enough character to show empathy for blacks by even attempting to walk in their shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bozo's...lulz***

Jun 19, 2020, 12:06 PM

Re: I had the same thing happen to me on Super Bowl Sunday

Jun 19, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I had the same thing happen to me on Super Bowl Sunday ]

I also find it strange that these same folks don't think we have a police ego problem either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What bozo said that?***

Jun 19, 2020, 12:08 PM

Yeah, I've only been complaining about my ######

Jun 19, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I had the same thing happen to me on Super Bowl Sunday ]

interactions with law enforcement my entire adult life, what do I know? I'm just a white guy.

No, you’re the exception. You’ve always been

Jun 19, 2020, 12:30 PM

the downtrodden white guy.

I dont like cops at all. Ive had a lot of

Jun 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

Bad experiences. It was much worse when I was young with long hair, beard and looked like I got high all the time.

It's not nearly as badd now that I'm a middle aged professional, but my mouth still gets me in trouble. I dont ever tell them anything when asked its non of their business

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A cop unholstered his weapon on me while I was driving a

Jun 19, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to I had the same thing happen to me on Super Bowl Sunday ]

go cart. I was like 14 or so.

On my own property. Just because he didn't think we owned the property.

Police definitely have ego problems.

Isn't it kind of funny how a lot of people are like "yeah

Jun 19, 2020, 12:34 PM

man, cops suck. I had this, this, and this happen. It was a bunch of B.S., MFers are definitely out of control" and the general response to that is "SHUT UP YOU'RE WHITE TRY TO WALK IN BLACK PEOPLES SHOES AND HAVE SOME EMPATHY!!!!"

Like wow, I guess we're not going to work together on this problem, huh?

I would like to take a survey of how many of them have had

Jun 19, 2020, 12:38 PM

cuffs on their hands. I'm sure there are a few, but not the majority.

We both have a record for some dumb ish that should have

Jun 19, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Isn't it kind of funny how a lot of people are like "yeah ]

been as important as a parking violation, randomly get hassled by the cops, buts its not enough. I haven't read anyone say its as bad as what some blacks deal with, but I have seen several people say "yes, many cops have a problem that needs to be fixed", but I guess that's not enough virtue signalling for some people.

I'd imagine that I've never been handcuffed at a traffic stop because I'm a short white guy and don't seem like a big enough threat to warrant it. I'd drop like a bag of wet sand if someone hit me with a nightstick or a good punch. The cops know that; they aren't that stupid.

Do you argue with them, or do you yes sir them?

Jun 19, 2020, 12:44 PM

Cause the latter seems to avoid the nightstick.

I used to "yes sir" them, and it seemed to enrage them more

Jun 19, 2020, 12:47 PM

as I guess they didn't have anything to start pummeling me for.

Now, I clearly only say Yes or no, and probably exasperate them with my old man "fsck you" face.

No, it’s more to the tune of trying to equate your

Jun 19, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Isn't it kind of funny how a lot of people are like "yeah ]

experiences with those experienced by blacks in our society by seemingly pointing out that this racism doesn’t exist because you a white man have been mistreated by cops.

Who actually said that in this thread?

Jun 19, 2020, 12:44 PM

Still looking for that bozo.

I think the bozo he's referring to is me

Jun 19, 2020, 12:48 PM

Racism does exist among cops, but more so they are #####. That's the point I was trying to make.

Nevermind, you're the bozo

Jun 19, 2020, 12:50 PM

BOZO!!

Thats what I read***

Jun 19, 2020, 12:52 PM

It appears you’re the bozo:

Jun 19, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Who actually said that in this thread? ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Same-Im-a-short-white-dude-and-I-cant-count-how-many-27392430

Is that what you got out of that? Your reading comprehension

Jun 19, 2020, 12:51 PM

sucks for a tall guy.

I re-read that statement about 5 times, and I just can't see where I say its just as bad. I see where I DO say that white folks get hassled too, however.

Not enough virtue signalling for your taste?

Re: Is that what you got out of that? Your reading comprehension

Jun 19, 2020, 12:55 PM

Those two just need to make out and pet each other already***

Jun 19, 2020, 2:39 PM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic