Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Dabo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I like Dabo.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:31 PM

Does anyone think his success has gone to his head or do you think he is still pretty grounded.

I know some folks are unhappy with a few of his comments lately and the bad loss, coupled with this untimely Bama trip and visiting Syracuse locker room.

It just seems the vibe around here has taken a dark turn. Even his comments about if he would,take the Bama job seems to have left some people a tad bitter. Serious questions. Just seems a weird vibe lately but it might just all be nothing at all. Really hard to know since we really don't have first hand information.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Dabo.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:32 PM

I agree with you. Have thought the same thing

Oct 14, 2017, 10:34 PM

I don’t think it’s the success getting to his head, it’s the injury bug getting on his team. If we had a 100% healthy team, we would be having a different conversation right now because we wouldn’t have lost at Cuse

Oct 14, 2017, 10:35 PM

You might be right. Just strange around here lately.

I can't speak for the board, but for me personally
1. I think he had a putrid night last night, worst of his career
2. Thought locker room visit was pure class
3. Not at all bothered by the Bama visit with his teamates
4. Wouldn't trade him for anyone (but still pissed about last night)

For now, I'm considering it a mulligan

Oct 14, 2017, 10:52 PM

Agree ... except for #1.

I was at the Orange Bowl when WVU mowed us down. THAT was a VERY BAD night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Naw.... Dabo is human like the rest of us.

Scott, Elliot, Venables all make bad decisions. It's a part of being human.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Naw.... Dabo is human like the rest of us.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:36 PM

That's a,solid point sir.

yup. with the vibe here taking a dark turn, its definitely time to find another coach and start over. We have nothing going on...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 10:37 PM

Lol oh Lord. Not saying that but it has been strange layely.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:56 PM

lately... as in " during the day after a bad loss " ? Perspective is important....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for your opinion, but you are wrong.***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Dabo. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If Dabo left today you should be forever grateful for what he has already done for Clemson. All Tiger fans should

Oct 14, 2017, 10:38 PM

Agreed. He has been nothing but good for Clemson. Not disputing that.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:44 PM

Ever have a day at work where the phone won't stop, the boss wants a report an hour ago, the printer runs out of toner, your email locks down, and your coffee gets knocked into your keyboard? Ever have a day like that with 45,000 people yelling and a live TV audience?

Oct 14, 2017, 10:47 PM

Of course, I have an x wife.

No one is perfect except my mother in law apparently.

I think the locker room visit shows what kind of man Dabo is

Oct 14, 2017, 10:50 PM

To have the guts and class to go to the other team and congratulate them for kicking your a$$. For having the accountability of taking the blame for the loss. So many times people praise Dabo for the way he is and what he teaches those young men, and the one time he shows the ultimate sign of sportsmanship, at probably one of the toughest times to do it, he gets bashed for it. I think as fans, too many get caught up and forget it's just a game.

Re: I think the locker room visit shows what kind of man Dabo is

Oct 14, 2017, 10:54 PM

That's a terrific point and a mature view but I can see the other side too. Sometimes it sends mixed signals when Syracuse doesn't write his check.

Re: I think the locker room visit shows what kind of man Dabo is

Oct 14, 2017, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I think the locker room visit shows what kind of man Dabo is ]

How do you think the teams felt about it? I would not have liked it if my coach did that. Shake the hands on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading your stupid post gave me a weird vibe. So maybe it’s

Oct 14, 2017, 10:52 PM

just you.

Take your vibe over to fgf

Dark is their favorite color

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't worry about any vibe you get in here. As far as I know, there are no decision makers in here, plus there are a bunch of trolls throwing bait right now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Oct 14, 2017, 10:58 PM

But....the locker room visit was like a bad Tommy Bowden dream - an embarrassed coach looking to deflect his loss. But we're good if that's how he rolls now. Maybe next time he will dance with the other team?

I can somewhat understand visiting

Oct 14, 2017, 11:30 PM

Syracuse's locker room to congratulate their team, but taking pictures with their players while our players are hurting and emotionally upset is a little much and concerning.

This is football. If my players were emotionally upset

Oct 15, 2017, 1:39 AM

I'd tell em to nut up!

The team isn't as good.

Oct 14, 2017, 11:39 PM

He is doing his best. I bet he will seem more upbeat when TL gets on campus.

Yeah we can only win 90% of the time. We're horrible!***

Oct 15, 2017, 1:40 AM

Oct 14, 2017, 11:41 PM

TD for negativity

I’m with you on this

Oct 15, 2017, 5:09 AM

Wouldn’t have anyone else for a coach and proud to have him representing our program, but it does seem he needs to tone down his ego just a bit. He seems to be playing to the media, and every action and every word is so calculated. No one is beyond reproach.

I want to see some of the old Dabo, raw, brash, emotional, and shooting from the hip. I want a football coach, not a politician. We have put him on this pedestal.

I hope he stays for 20 more seasons, and I hope he leads us to 3 or 4 more crowns. Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think some of the fan base has started to take the

Oct 15, 2017, 8:16 AM

recent run of success for granted, and think that it will always be that way from now on. Dabo says every week, "It's hard to win", but we ignore that. There are no more "white meat league" games, which is how the whole ACC used to be referred to in derogatory terms years ago.
Nowadays, you play a bad game, you get beat. But, as I watched this game, Syracuse was better than us on that night. They flat ran the ball straight up the gut on us, and we could not stop them when we had to. They had us off balance all night. Sure, you can say we missed two field goals, but they can say they still win if they don't give up the fumble pick six.
What I believe this coaching staff will do, because it is what recent history says, is they will fix the problems, and come out with a better focus and game plan for next time. Why? Because no amount of beyotching and moaning is going to change last week's outcome, so they focus on what they can control, that's why. So, chill out and watch.

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was the Bama trip untimely exactly?

Oct 15, 2017, 8:20 AM

He's a football coach. The only Saturday he could attend was one where his team wasn't playing. The date was scheduled so he could come, being a part of that team, and probably the most prominent former team member now. That's untimely?

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic