Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think

Jul 21, 2020, 11:01 PM

Growing up living with grandparents because my mom was too busy working for three kids because my dad was too busy living free ( partying). Grandparents also working to make a honest living up until the age of 73 and 70 ( only a a few years of retirement) who gave their every ounce of energy at an older age to raise kids that wasn’t theirs ( most would have retired by then) May God rest my parents and grandparents souls who have been gone since 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2013. While the they were around, I was responsible for paying for my 1st car from my own earnings at 7.25/hr while working a full time job and going to high school full time.

After high school went to community college, have a kid at 19 years old ( my own choice/ doings). Worked 19 years straight for one company from 3,4,5 A.M until 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 pm. Only to leave that company for another company ( only 4 days a week now) which is nice! Not to mention most people of all colors usually end up paying 250k-300 k for a house that only was financed for 100k over 30 years ( ah the “American dream” right? And on top of that paying 50k for child’s college tuition! So tell me, is this privileged? Should I apologize or should someone apologize to me for assuming I’m privileged?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All Whites Are Not ---

Jul 21, 2020, 11:24 PM

Its the thing that makes some people turn their head sideways like a curious confused dog....when some work hard and don't get to get a 4 bedroom house that they can afford...compared to the ones who don't or hasn't worked hard and they get the 4 bedroom house that somehow they can afford with no problem. ????

Re: All Whites Are Not ---

Jul 22, 2020, 2:00 AM

I most likely lived a much worse life than you did growing up yet I get it. I just don't understand where the disconnect comes from. This site used to be family and now it's just used to divide.

Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think

Jul 21, 2020, 11:42 PM

Well, the devil's advocate pov (and to some extent, my own) is that it's not only about money and success.

Yeah, of course there's a lot of poor white people, too. I'm ONE of them. Paycheck to paycheck most months. And plenty of white people that never have ANYTHING given to them. Had to work hard for every dime, and sometimes it's still not enough. No argument there. So NO, you absolutely should NOT apologize for that.

But that's not the only thing it's about. If it was, it wouldn't even be an argument.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think

Jul 22, 2020, 12:06 AM

I've been saving my money for years so I can pay my reparations when the time comes

Good plan...I’m sure some Hollywood slut

Jul 22, 2020, 8:18 AM

Will tell us when to pay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this^^^

Jul 22, 2020, 1:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

Struggling growing up is a disadvantage. Your life would’ve been easier coming up if your family was wealthy, right? Privilege is a convenient but inaccurate word to describe racial inequality. Plenty of us grew up poor and are better people for it today because of what we had to overcome. But tell the truth, if you had a choice, would you want to grow up poor and white? Or poor and black? What would society have assumed about you had you been poor and black? Advantage. Ever been afraid for your life because you got pulled over for speeding ? I dont know that feeling, but i know plenty of black men that do. Whether you choose to acknowledge the difference in how Americans experience every day life is a personal decision.

And here’s the kicker, racial equality doesn’t cost a thing. White Americans lose nothing by recognizing and supporting equality. Fact is, that if America conquered this privilege or advantage problem, all of us would gain from it. Tell me I'm wrong.

Re: ^^^this^^^

Jul 22, 2020, 2:00 AM

Well said.

Jul 22, 2020, 5:28 AM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

I agree and disagree sir. To really get to the problem, we have to look at humanity as a whole instead of focusing on one race. While Being privileged isn’t about money, I would tend to say that some really poor white individuals would rather be black and rich than poor and white. To be honest if you were really that poor, you’d probably be too hungry to care what color you was. I believe success is measured in many ways. For example I consider it a success if I make it safely home and in bed instead of passing out drunk in a fast food drive through queue, I consider it a success if I don’t find myself strong armed robbing someone and then getting into a tussle with police. It is a success if you don’t hold any individuals at gunpoint and charged with domestic violence. Success is measured by the consequences of the good sound decisions we make and having mental awareness of possible risk. For example, if I’m in the right or wrong and a police officer tells me to get on the ground, I know if I struggle, right and do not comply, It probably won’t end well.

As far as privileged, again as a whole I think it is society itself. There are certain privileges the rich white guy has over the middle or poor. If you commit a crime, you’d have a better chance to get off free of charge if you could afford a good attorney instead of a public defender who pencil whips a case with little to no investigation because he is overwhelmed by other cases.
Tell me I’m wrong.

Serious question here...and I think it’s a fair one, if you have an open mind.

Jul 22, 2020, 6:48 AM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

If black people are so afraid for their lives when they get pulled over for speeding (as we constantly hear)...then why would they continue to speed???

Guess what. I’m afraid to get pulled over for speeding, too. So I make a conscious effort to drive the speed limit. It’s really not that hard. I’m not afraid for my life, because if I do get pulled over I’m not going to mouth off and antagonize the officer.
I’m afraid because I don’t want my travels to be delayed by multiple minutes, have to pay a ticket, and have my insurance rates go up.
So I drive the speed limit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because most of the time

Jul 22, 2020, 7:54 AM

They weren’t actually speeding. It’s like when you get pulled over at 2 am for going through a stop sign when you know you stopped. He pulled you over to see if he could score a DUI, but didn’t have any probable cause so he had to make one up. Police pull people over every single day on false pretenses and will lie about it all through court and make it worse if you challenge them.

Re: because most of the time

Jul 22, 2020, 9:06 AM

That is the truth. I have always told my kids... nothing good happens while driving after midnight. Try to avoid it at all costs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I've been pulled over twice like that,

Jul 22, 2020, 8:36 PM

both times over 30 years ago on interstates. I didn't understand what it was about till years later.

Re: I've been pulled over twice like that,

Jul 23, 2020, 9:49 AM

Crock of $hit statement. What a pathetic liberal, MSNBC-brainwashed comment.

Believe what you want

Jul 23, 2020, 8:23 PM

####### moron

Jul 22, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to because most of the time ]

Typical. No one ever gets pulled for speeding. Cops just make up stuff to pull people over. Give me a break. I have been pulled over multiple times for issues other than speeding. One time I got pulled over for tint on my front windshield and I was speeding. Officer wrote me a ticket for the tint but said if I had it removed to the legal line the ticket would be dropped. he also said that I might want to slow down a little bit. He could have given me a ticket for speeding and my tint but he didn't. i ended up paying nothing. You know what the real kicker was? The state trooper was a black man. he could have burned me a new one but he didn't probably because I was very cordial and complied with his simple request to see my license and registration. So don't give me this bs that cops look for reasons to pull people over. They normally pull people over that are believe it or not doing something wrong! That doesn't fit the liberal narrative though now does it?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 9:55 AM

So something hasn't happened to you before so that means it can't possibly happen to anyone else? Got it.

Jul 22, 2020, 2:23 PM

I didn't say that but it's always the cops fault. No one ever says I broke the law and deserved to be pulled over. All you cop haters are going to really love it when one day you call 911 because you need a cop and they send you a social worker. Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.This website used to be awesome until most of you started showing your true hatred and true colors. It literally makes me sick to my stomach now. I stayed away for a while but it wasn't long enough because this board is still in turmoil mainly from all you left radicals. Keep on following the herd you bunch of sheep. I'm out again until football starts. Maybe some of you can grow up or grow a pair between now and then. Stay safe.

You are a naive one

Jul 22, 2020, 8:37 PM

What are you? 14, 15?

Re: You are a naive one

Jul 23, 2020, 9:50 AM

What's your IQ, 14 or 15?

Jul 22, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: because most of the time ]

Ultimately it comes down to respect for the laws and for the Police and other people who really put their lives on the line everyday.

I am white and every time I have been stopped it was my own doing, so I can't speak for people of different races. I do think that everyone who is pulled over, or stopped, or approached by a law officer should have respect for that person and what they do. Can you imagine going to work everyday where you have to approach every person you come in contact with as a potential threat to your life?

If you really have nothing to hide, shouldn't you just do exactly what the officer ask you to do and reply with a simple yes sir or yes ma'am instead of mouthing off or trying to run away? It is OK to disagree with the officer if you truly did nothing wrong but reacting with disrespect for the person and the office is usually going to cause a lot more harm than good.

Just my two cents worth, but being polite and respectful has saved me some fines and tickets that I actually deserved in my younger days.

Jul 22, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: because most of the time ]

You probably have heard about the city policeman in Florida that made 180 false arrests. Many law-abiding citizens (of multiple races) went to jail because he did a "stop" for a false charge, then searched the car and planted drugs in the car.
Bad apple? Sure, but he ruined a lot of lives (180, plus their families lives).
And, oh yeah, driving while black is a criminal offense, right?
I'm not black, and don't have give the police that excuse.
One night I worked until 10:30 at my compny (I was an owner and a partner). When I was driving away from the building (in an office park) a city police started following me. I saw the police and drove carefully. They pulled me after a half mile, asked for license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, with his hand on his gun.
He told me to remain calm (I was) and to keep my hands where he could see them. And that if I moved my hands he would arrest me. He questioned me about whether I had
stole the car and asked about why I was leaving an office building at 10:30.
In his mind I was guilty of breaking & entering and car theft. He asked to search my car, but I said no.
He called my partner, from my phone, who answered and gave him my description and the car description.
He let me go with a ticket because my car insurance wasn't uptodate. (The company financial officer had overlooked the insurance bill.)
If I had bn black, he would have taken me to jail, first, then sorted out the rest of it. He wanted to take me to jail, with me in my professional suit.
Glad I wasn't driving while black.

Jul 22, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: because most of the time ]

You probably have heard about the city policeman in Florida that made 180 false arrests. Many law-abiding citizens (of multiple races) went to jail because he did a "stop" for a false charge, then searched the car and planted drugs in the car.
Bad apple? Sure, but he ruined a lot of lives (180, plus their families lives).
And, oh yeah, driving while black is a criminal offense, right?
I'm not black, and don't have give the police that excuse.
One night I worked until 10:30 at my compny (I was an owner and a partner). When I was driving away from the building (in an office park) a city police started following me. I saw the police and drove carefully. They pulled me after a half mile, asked for license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, with his hand on his gun.
He told me to remain calm (I was) and to keep my hands where he could see them. And that if I moved my hands he would arrest me. He questioned me about whether I had
stole the car and asked about why I was leaving an office building at 10:30.
In his mind I was guilty of breaking & entering and car theft. He asked to search my car, but I said no.
He called my partner, from my phone, who answered and gave him my description and the car description.
He let me go with a ticket because my car insurance wasn't uptodate. (The company financial officer had overlooked the insurance bill.)
If I had bn black, he would have taken me to jail, first, then sorted out the rest of it. He wanted to take me to jail, with me in my professional suit.
Glad I wasn't driving while black.

You clearly don't know any cops

Jul 22, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: because most of the time ]

if you knew one well enough, he would verify exactly this. It's everywhere - I explained it on here to somebody a few years ago who got pulled over late in Clemson with a phony story about not signaling before a turn.

Most police have plate readers on their cars...

Jul 22, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to because most of the time ]

it automatically scans all plates that it sees. Anything from priors to lapsed insurance, to suspended driver licenses, to warrants pops up, related to the owner of the vehicle. I am not 100% sure if priors pop up or not, but if I had to guess, they do.

Now in order to pull the vehicle over, they can just watch you and wait for a traffic error. Then pull and investigate.

Minor drug offences can attract extra attention.

Don't do weed, don't sell drugs, pay your taxes and insurance, don't have a warrant and you'll be less likely to be pulled over. Oh and maintain your car.

I was a very poor white kid growing up.

Jul 22, 2020, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Serious question here...and I think it’s a fair one, if you have an open mind. ]

If I had on Nike's, or a pair of Levi's, or even a pair of new cleats, it is because I went to work after practice and usually worked until 10pm. My parents would give me $20 at start of school year and for Christmas to use towards clothing, I played football, wrestled, and played baseball. I had to buy my cleats, shoes, pants, my school clothes and my athletic gear. Plus I had to ride my bicycle 10-15 miles a day and only if it rained could I get my mother to pick me.
That said, all "Poor Black Kids" had way more nice things that I did. Some of my best friends were black buddies. But my dad was a fishing guide, it was feast or famine but when my parents had extra money my father would spend on improving his fishing boat, it wasn't spent on my sister or I!!!!. My parents didn't spend it on drugs or alcohol, I assume all the extra money was spent on bringing bills current.

That said, I had friends where parents didn't work and they would have 5-6 siblings, but they also wore new tennis shoes, new jeans, overall clothes were way nicer than mine which were all purchased by myself. But my dad was proud and he wouldn't apply for unemployment but also most the time he wouldn't qualify due to being self employed.

Let me explain, this was late 80-s and early 90's. So now as a graduate, also a student just hours away from a Doctorate from MUSC. I worked making 6-digits from 2009-2017. Then worked as self-employed and as part-time still paying taxes on $50-80k for last year. That said, I don't qualify for unemployment, due to my self employed status, but also don't get to any money from stimulus because of my self-employed status. Its not due to making too much money in last couple years, far from it since Covid, so I am potentially gonna have to file bankruptcy because I dont qualify for any unemployment support, no stimulus money, and a mortgage that I have paid on for 13yrs with $250k is close to be in foreclosure.

Point being, someone who has paid lots of taxes, someone who didn't take money in the past, bow I'm in a situation where I need help at 50yrs old, and Im fighting to keep my house in this Covid crisis. But yet I have a friend that hasn't worked in 5yrs just got $5000 in stimulus money, but i exempted. How can this be?? The ones that have paid $100's-k in last 15 yrs, yet i cant get enough to fill up my gas tank to look for a job.

And going back to late '80s, i saw friends tjeir families living more comfortable than my family who worked 14hr days. They had bixer cars, they had cable, they had AC, they had new Nike's, etc!

So how is certain people being held back? I need support more than ever and will likely lose my home because i cant work in my conference software field due to CV, all conferences are shut down. Seems to me oppression isn't being fully explained in America. I heard the stimulus would help those with unique situations but im gonna lose my home that I bought new in 2007.

Sorry for my venting?

Dude make some black friends....

Jul 22, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Serious question here...and I think it’s a fair one, if you have an open mind. ]

have an honest conversation with them about how they are treated by police. Walk in another man's shoes as they say.

I have some really good decent black friends and we have had this conversation. It's really a shame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude make some black friends....

Jul 22, 2020, 2:26 PM

I have more black friends than white and I have had this conversation with them. They don't break the law and they don't get harassed by police. If you want things to change then change the way you act that allows the cops to get involved.

Do you think a black Senator could get harassed in the

Jul 22, 2020, 8:46 PM

Capitol building by the capitol police?

Believe it or not

Jul 22, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

There is nothing equal about

I also have black buddies and we talk about this stuff all the time. Not 1 of them is afraid for their life when they get pulled over.

Not a single 1. We follow the same rule... the rule I teach my kids. Be polite, answer the questions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I have heard TOTALLY different things from my black friends.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:31 AM

While I agree with you about following the rules and being polite, to say there is absolutely no issue here is not what I am hearing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your friends must be into some heavy stuff

Jul 22, 2020, 10:39 AM

If they are so afraid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I have heard TOTALLY different things from my black friends.

Jul 22, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I have heard TOTALLY different things from my black friends. ]

The issue is the .001% that act like ####### idiots when they get pulled.

Believe it or not

Jul 22, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

There is nothing equal about

I also have black buddies and we talk about this stuff all the time. Not 1 of them is afraid for their life when they get pulled over.

Not a single 1. We follow the same rule... the rule I teach my kids. Be polite, answer the questions.

Jul 22, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

Struggling growing up is a disadvantage. Your life would’ve been easier coming up if your family was wealthy, right? Privilege is a convenient but inaccurate word to describe racial inequality. Plenty of us grew up poor and are better people for it today because of what we had to overcome. But tell the truth, if you had a choice, would you want to grow up poor and white? Or poor and black? What would society have assumed about you had you been poor and black? Advantage. Ever been afraid for your life because you got pulled over for speeding ? I dont know that feeling, but i know plenty of black men that do. Whether you choose to acknowledge the difference in how Americans experience every day life is a personal decision.

And here’s the kicker, racial equality doesn’t cost a thing. White Americans lose nothing by recognizing and supporting equality. Fact is, that if America conquered this privilege or advantage problem, all of us would gain from it. Tell me I'm wrong.

We will not support anything until it’s clearly defined. White privilege is a myth. Yes some white are privileged but so are some black people. The rich regardless of color are privileged as are beautiful women as are athletes.

We will not support anything until it’s clearly defined. White privilege is a myth. Yes some white are privileged but so are some black people. The rich regardless of color are privileged as are beautiful women as are athletes.

Jul 22, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

I can tell you this as a true statement. Monday morning I was going roughly 10 miles over the speed limit. A cop was in the median and just flashed his blue lights just as a warning. The thing is I have tinted windows and it being pitch black outside, there was no way to tell if I was black or white. ( no I don’t have a confederate flag on my vehicle.) And I can reassure you at no point in the encounter did it ever cross my mind that I had the mentality of “whew! That was close! I’m glad I’m white. NO WHITE MAN HAS EVER THOUGHT THAT! Prove me wrong! In no way shape or form has any white man has ever been thankful for being white just to get out of situations. It don’t happen. Period.

Jul 23, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

Wow, I forgot about all the cops who just go around shooting Black speeders....do you really believe the stuff you pedal?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to ^^^this^^^ ]

Wow, I forgot about all the cops who just go around shooting Black speeders....do you really believe the stuff you pedal?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the other things that make up the argument are total

Jul 22, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

BS as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I always tell my kids don't work for money.

Jul 22, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

If you only work for money, then you're never going to have a lot of it. Instead, work to help people. After all, the whole purpose of a job, and the reason you are paid to do it, is because somehow, in some capacity, you're helping other people. Make sure you figure out a job that helps people and know in whatever job, KNOW EXACTLY how you help others and your value to THEM. Then figure out how to help more people, or be more helpful, and make your help more important to them. Then you make more money. Always have your focus be on figuring out how to help people, and help larger numbers of people, and always try and increase the helpfulness of your job and it's value to others.

Make helping others your focus, and money will come. Make money your focus, and you will have trouble being as helpful to others, as you're missing the purpose of your job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 7:11 AM

Well, the deal is that the way you grew up is common circumstances for many black kids. The fact is that MOST white people have a built in advantage in life. And if you don't see that then you are aren't paying attention. Even though you were poor you were treated differently in many ways that you never realized.

Message was edited by: tinker®

Jul 22, 2020, 7:43 AM

Oh, so we were advantaged but no one knew it. Gotcha

You must be pretty young

Jul 22, 2020, 8:10 AM

Poor white people is SC routinely got away with murdering black people until very recently. If you grew ip in SC, you could easily know somebody who did. I knew a couple men like that around my grandfather’s age, born in the 1905-1910 range, but I didn’t hear the stories until they were dead. One of them was a 2x killer, at least. They went to church every single week.

That’s a bad thing to think about in a white church in the south. Half the people are there virtue signalling anyway. If this was a hundred years ago, how many of them would go to a Sunday afternoon lynching to watch or participate? It wouldn’t be none because we’ve all seen the photos from back then.

this is a perfect example of the leftie thought progression

Jul 22, 2020, 9:19 AM

so you knew of a guy who "possibly" killed somebody and went to church all his life. So then now, you blanket the entire southern white church as "probably" doing the same thing as you pose your hypothetical as "That's the bad thing to think about in a white church in the South. Half the people are there virtue signaling anyway."

But here's the bad thing. You're just a guy on Tigernet... and i assume not a political leader. The scary thing now is we have political leaders and judges that use that same "blanket statement" logic and are now trying to enforce it on innocent people.

Just b/c you heard through the grapevine that some horrible man did a horrible thing doesn't make everyone that horrible man. People like Ted Bundy lived normal lives outside of his nefarious dark side, does that now mean all white men that live in Vermont are probably serial killers?

So please stop peddling these broad brush brain farts of conjured up white guilt that you're having. And stop watching cable news. Its stunting your growth.

I call bull$hit...

Jul 22, 2020, 10:47 AM

I grew up going to church in the South. While most of my fellow church-goers where really decent humans, a good strong percentage were racist as hell including many in my family.

I would wonder sometimes as a child about the hypocrisy, us all listening to the pastor speak of virtue, loving thy neighbor, etc.

But that's the "rightie" progression, pure hypocrisy on so many levels.

One example is sycopantic worship of a demagogue who is the in the opposite vein of everything Jesus stood for: humility, caring for the disadvantaged, telling the truth, not cheating on his pregnant wife with a #### star, etc, etc, etc.

Go on and tell me you're not a Trump supporter next. I'll wait.

I love the hypocrite logic as some major ding against church

Jul 23, 2020, 11:19 AM

goers... Why is a hypocrite in a church any different than a hypocrite at your work or in your family or in your mirror? Isn't that kinda the point of being there? I'm sure you have never tried to come across a little more polished than you actually know you are? Everyone is a hypocrite. People in church are no different...they're normal, broken people. You may even find there are some racists, thieves, adulterers, abusers in a ton of pews on Sundays. And hopefully that turns out to be a good thing at some point and they change. Church is the best place for a hypocrite like you and me. Its a weekly reminder that we need a higher power.

My primary disagreement was the OPs blanket statement of all church goers 100 years ago were good with murder. That's just ridiculous and borderline either psychotic or more than likely just a lazy assessment. Yours is just me picking on you about the tired "hypocrite" logic. Its funny how no one is ever offended by hypocrites until they are seen in church on Sunday....its just dumb and makes no sense if you take a second to think about it.

So would you be on the side of lynching or anti-lynching

Jul 22, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to this is a perfect example of the leftie thought progression ]

100 years ago? But you really have a problem with reading comprehension.

I've lived in this great state for 43 years

Jul 22, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to You must be pretty young ]

I've never met anyone who thought it was ok to just kill some one else no matter the color.

If there are such people out there you certainly aren't going to change their mind with rassist , inequaity parades and commercials.

Re: You must be pretty young

Jul 22, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to You must be pretty young ]

Just when I think your posts could not get any more ridiculous you out do yourself again.

I warned you to stop eating your

Jul 22, 2020, 8:33 PM

foeces. The bacteria in your lower intestine are not compatible with the stomach.

link?***

Jul 22, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to You must be pretty young ]

Jul 22, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to You must be pretty young ]

Jewish were slaughtered industrially even more recently. I’ve never heard of any of the advocates for black rights demand retribution for the proven and systematic slaughterings on millions upon millions of Jews. If equality is desired then why not advocate foe all races that have been through unspeakable tragedies?

Jul 23, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to You must be pretty young ]

ArchieOCampbell

oops

Jul 23, 2020, 9:57 AM

ArchieOCampbell

"Poor white people in SC routinely got away with murdering black people until very recently."

Really. Ludicrous. You have no credibility.

Jul 22, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

I was raised poor but I don't blame everyone for that. I worked hard and bettered myself something most of these people claiming racism know nothing about.They just want the government to hand them everything. Guess where that government assistance comes from. That's right the people who work to support your lazy pathetic #####. You don't want to hear that though because it's all my fault you suck at life.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

How? Did my insurance decrease?did my pay rate increase? Was my families medical bill at the dr less? Was prescriptions less? Did I receive better grades while I was pencil fighting and others were studying? Was mortgage rates cheaper? I have black neighbors now and they pay about the same as me? If I look in a neighbor hood that is well diverse and all of our house payments are about the same, we drive similar year, make and model of cars, I’m going to say that no one has a tremendous leg up. If police treatment is the only argument and measurement of inequality, then it is truly a myth with no evidence. AT ALL! I do not understand where unprivileged and privileged argument come from. FYI, I’ve had black friends that I hold dear to my heart and will until the day I die. I speak with them on a regular basis. Even though we see eye to eye that their is a possibility of crooked law enforcement. We do agree that blacks are not actively being hunted systematically and killed no more than any other race is.

I will admit I grew up very privileged

Jul 22, 2020, 7:29 AM

I don’t think it was anything to do with being white though. I’m also not saying my family was very wealthy. I had a hard working mother and father who are very Godly people and made sure we were never in need and raised us pretty good. Like I said, we were never rich but my mom handled the family money very well and we always did just fine. My amazing parents helped get me through Clemson with very minimal student debt compared to what others have. I love my parents. They are true heroes!

Jul 22, 2020, 7:46 AM

Jul 22, 2020, 8:39 AM

Well said...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think***

Jul 22, 2020, 7:46 AM

Shame on you for working and earning it

Jul 22, 2020, 8:17 AM

You make lazy, hand out mongers look bad and you really should give them free stuff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To say there's "white privilege" is to also say that there's

Jul 22, 2020, 8:37 AM

"black poverty." Yes, both exist, but you can't paint all whites and all blacks with those same brush strokes. There are privileged people of all races and poor underprivileged people of all races. Being born white does not make you privileged. Being born black does not make you underprivileged. We're products of our environments and our circumstances, but also a product of our efforts and initiative.

Maybe if we quit focusing on race and focused instead on the problems in general we'd actually get somewhere and not end up just dividing ourselves further and further.

That's not what "white privilege" means, but it's still

Jul 22, 2020, 8:55 AM

total bullshat. For example:

“You never had to worry that your skin color would impact where you went to school and how you were treated in school,” Kendall explains. “You were allowed to retain things like being seen as innocent and worthy of protection and worthy of safety, ways that Black children and many Latino and Asian children are not.” Simply false on it's face. A total lie. And another:

"In a thorough article, education researcher Jacob Bennett details the deep racial disparities that persist, many of which white people may have never noticed. That’s what Bennett calls “the power of normal.” If public spaces and goods, like “acceptable” hairstyles and relegating certain foods to “ethnic” aisles in the grocery store, cater to one race and segregate the rest into special sections, that’s indicative of an unequal society." That's not "white privilege", it's "majority privilege", and it's normal, and it exists in every country and every culture on earth. A society is built to benefit the people who build it (the majority), as it should. It reflects the values and preferences of the majority. That's not evil, it's not unjust, it's not unfairly discriminatory, it's just normal and it's to be expected. Go to China, France, Nigeria, Egypt, New Zealand, Russia, etc., and it's the same. Go back in time and it was the same at any point. "White privilege" is really "majority privilege", and the evil empire known as The United States Of America did not invent it to oppress black people.

Quotes from: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/a32948548/what-is-white-privilege/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That's not what "white privilege" means, but it's still

Jul 22, 2020, 9:35 AM

Well said Smiling Tiger.
And those are the things that I hope will change because of all of this unrest. I think 99.9% of the white people want the same thing. I was the only white kid that went to the Boys Club in West Columbia, SC back when I grew up in the 1970's. I had great friends there. I went to their house and they came to my house. My hope is that all of those guys are doing great. But the fact is, I worked hard in school, got good grades, and went to college. Most of those guys did poorly in school and probably never moved out of the area. A few did make it to college and are doing fine.
There were also many white kids that never put forth any effort in school, and I'm sure they never prospered either.
Bottom line is... it's a choice each of us has to make. Education and/or determination are the keys to success.

white priviledge is something that can't be proven or

Jul 22, 2020, 9:04 AM

dis-proven. Which is the perfect tool for "progressive" lefties. Its intended to tick you off and tick the supposed affected people group, off. This will further divide races to fight against each other thus leaving the gap needed for some "leader" to swoop in and call balls and strikes for able bodied people assuming control of social structures.

These type of hot button issues are what they always push: MeTOO movement, transgender discrimination, systematic racism, police brutality, etc. ... All of these you can point out an unfortunate event and say "hey look, this is happening, thus is happening everywhere!!" but what you'll find is its just an isolated event and not happening in the vast majority of interactions as they want you to believe. We're all being whodoo'd.

Example: Is there a such thing as a racist cop? Yes I would say there has to be at least ONE racist cop in this country. AT least one. Well the lefty will then say well that's systematic racism in the police force and apply that one isolated example to the whole lot. And the media will exclaim and paint the entire system as racists b/c of that one dude. Same with women beign discriminated in the workplace, same with all the rest of these supposed social atrocity issues.

So no, you're not apart of the white privilege group nor is anyone else. WE gotta start pushing back on this stuff and stop accepting it as law. Its not. Its a trick.

It’s a simple formula

Jul 22, 2020, 9:57 AM

But it works. You’ve probably heard do these 3 things and you will be just fine with American opportunity.
1- Finish high school
2- Work full time
3- Don’t have a baby until you’re married and wait until at least 21 to do so.
Now you tell me how many “oppressed” people white or black fail to check at least one of those boxes? It’s not that complicated.

Why is no one saying wrong board and calling mods on this post?

Jul 22, 2020, 10:11 AM

Why does this only happen to my posts about race? Even when I post in amphitheater? Please explain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is no one saying wrong board and calling mods on this post?

Jul 22, 2020, 10:32 AM

Wrong board. Just kidding

Jul 22, 2020, 10:32 AM

When I think about white privilege I think about things that many people wouldn't think about or notice. I used to work in insurance, and would recommend contractors to homeowners. In one of my areas I met a black man who owned a roofing company. This guy was a hard worker, honest, and had fair pricing. I actually met him when he was looking at a roof at a claim I was on for a home owned by another black person. I started recommending him to other insured's, but I got to the point of where I had to stop because I felt bad because almost none of the white insured's would hire him.

That's not to say that no white people would, but it was nearly none of them. Keep in mind that most of the time in my experience the insured would hire whoever we told them to call because we were covering the cost, and they knew that pricing wouldn't be an issue if we were telling them to call a certain company.

Now, who here seriously doubts that a large percentage of white people would rather have another white person working at their home? Or another white person selling their home as a real estate agent? I know that can work the other way around too, but when the majority of the population is white then it's easy to say it impacts opportunities more for the black population.

I also can't tell you how many times I've heard someone telling a story that goes something like "my neighbor, he's a black guy, but we never have any issues with them." That's not really anything to do with privilege, but I do find it odd how many times people tell me a story and feel the need to say the race of the person they're talking about if that person happens to be black even though it adds nothing to the story they're telling me.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:49 AM

I could care less the about the color of someone. I hired blacks, Hispanics, Asians and gays. If you can get the job done, fine. If not, I would run you off and it had nothing to do with your race or sexual preference. Much of the problem in my opinion is that we are promoting a culture of victimhood. I don't care if you're black, brown, yellow, red or gay. For many it would appear that that is a problem--to not care. I'm interested in performance. I feel no guilt for being born white. My grandfather could not read. My father busted his ### so I would have the opportunity to be the first in my family to graduate college. My kids all have professional degrees. Education was stressed as the ticket to success. The playing field is not equal, but in this country you have a decent chance if your family stresses education and hard work. If one is looking to the government as the savior, you will most likely remain a victim. Having everyone "equal" comes with the price tag of totalitarianism.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2020, 11:00 AM

To be clear, my post wasn't about hiring someone for employment. It was about white people hiring a black person to do roofing or other types of home repairs for them. I wasn't saying that no white people(I'm white btw) will hire a black person to do repairs on their home. I was saying though that I've seen a large percentage that prefer to hire other whites for home repairs. I don't think many of these people would identify as racist, but I think there's a certain trust level that comes with dealing with other people that a person considers to be like themselves. This type of thing leads to less opportunities for minorities is all I'm saying.

Jul 22, 2020, 8:02 PM

Lie ,probably 80+% people research the most reasonable price at the best quality (reviews). I’d be willing to bet most people don’t know or care what color of workers are there as long as the job is done.

Jul 22, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

I’ve seen even more workers/ roofers be of the Spanish community. Is that Spanish privilege or is it oppression due to the labor of cost? Does that cut out jobs for white and black individuals? It’s BS, opinion driven by no facts and is creating divisiveness. It’s one thing to get others to recognize inequality. I get it! But there better be hard facts and data and there better be no shaming of other races in the process.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:36 AM

Like many hot topics today, I believe this issue gets way over simplified. Did this country have systematic racism in 1860? Yes. Were there areas of the country that had systematic racism in the 1960s? Yes. Did people fight and die to amend these inequities? Absolutely, including tens of thousands of whites. Is this country systematically racist today in 2020?... statistically no. Are there any inequalities between races in our country currently? Yes. However these inequalities are not necessarily inequities. And any random line you draw across any country will produce inequalities. I am not aware of any laws on the books in 2020 that treat a races differently. The differences in outcome are attributed to many factors. I would argue that being raised in a single parent household and in a household that does not value education have a much larger impact in the odds of success for the individual being raised. This holds true no matter one’s race. The only privilege that should be being discussed is American Privilege, which is a real thing. Every single one of us living in this country has won the citizenship lottery. While there are always things that can be improved, there isn’t a country in Earth’s history that has provided more opportunity to an individual. I think we are spending way too much time and energy trying to find slights and wrongs (real or imagined) done to us, instead if being thankful for the blessings we do have. Gratitude is an amazing feeling and life is much more pleasant when one practices it.

Jul 22, 2020, 10:40 AM

Great post Sterling. I agree.

Jul 22, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe not all whites are privileged as some might be as brainwashed to think ]

Very well said. Excellent post Sterling.

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

Jul 22, 2020, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

One of my main concerns of the recent push for the white privilege narrative is the impact the notion has on our children. I am surprised more psychologists have not raised an alarm to the dangerous impacts of seeing the world through this distorted lense, particularly developing children and young adults. Do you think its helpful for black children to be told that no matter what they do, how hard they work, or what decisions they make, that the system is rigged against them, and they are doomed no matter what? Do you think that white children growing up being taught to feel guilty for their skin pigmentation is healthy? The answer is is no on both accounts. The first child is left feeling pessimistic about the prospect succeeding in life at best and powerless about doing anything to improve it. The second child is left feeling depressed and terrible about nothing they’ve actually done. The truth is we are all born with certain abilities and inherent traits they may help or hinder our ability to excel in one area or another. Identifying those abilities and overcoming the deficiencies is what determines ones outcome in life. Ironically it is often those deficiencies that create our greatest strengths. Dabo is the perfect example of this. To say he grew up with white privilege would be a gross misstatement. He took a tough hand in life and through hardwork, strong moral compass, and positive attitude turned it into a royal flush. We should be highlighting these individual success stories instead of assuming and promoting false blanket straw-man ideologies that just promote division and distrust.

Jul 22, 2020, 1:01 PM

Sterling your comments are similar to an email I recently sent to a dean at a certain college concerning their “white privilege” classes. To black kids we are saying “you can not make it because you’re black”. To white kids we are saying “you only make it because you are white”. I reject both.

Being white and thinking you aren't privileged is proof...

Jul 22, 2020, 3:01 PM

that you're not only privileged but racist on top of that.

signed

bored progressives

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

88....the only thing more egregious than

Jul 23, 2020, 9:58 AM

A mile-long mange dump by the mods is a bump of said mile-long mange dump via a serious reply to people who never left the mange. . Love you boo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic