Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you fellas inject your meat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 311

Do you fellas inject your meat?

Nov 18, 2020, 1:06 PM

I'm going to do a dry run smoking a turkey breast this weekend and am not interested in wasting the time and effort on a brine, but doing some injections seems like it might be worth it. Considering something cheap like this:

https://www.amazon.com/meizhouer-Stainless-Injector-Marinade-Accessories/dp/B01GYFZZEA/ref=sr_1_30?dchild=1&keywords=turkey+syringe&qid=1605721954&sr=8-30

Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I brine turkey. Inject brisket with beef broth. Pulled

Nov 18, 2020, 1:08 PM

EEEEEEZZZZEEEE NUUUUUUTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turkey = Brine ... Butt = Inject ... Whole Ham =

Nov 18, 2020, 1:12 PM

jizz glaze

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tried multiple tests with poultry...tossed the injector.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:13 PM

Somehow the birds ended up drier and the breast meat got a bit mealy...weird, I know. Brine helps fo sho tho.

Dry brine turkey

Nov 18, 2020, 1:14 PM

inject brisket and sometimes butts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope I hate needles and that would HURT! *******

Nov 18, 2020, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normally the other way around.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:15 PM

But I’ve done it. And it works well. Especially with poultry. Had an injected fried turkey once, that is probably still one of my favorite turkeys of all time.

I used a salty injection once and it ruined it

Nov 18, 2020, 1:18 PM

Used a butter & red wine and it turned out pretty good but not enough to do it again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Yes

Nov 18, 2020, 1:20 PM

I inject with mango juice or a mango juice blend and some rub or spices or whatever I feel like at the time. Sometimes I brine and still inject, but it never takes much. I'm smoking trukey breast and pork belly and cooking the turkey in a bag.

My parents got divorced when I was 14 and I was given Turkey duty. My house became the holiday house when I was like 30 and it will be a long time before someone takes over. I've cooked a lot of turkeys.

I really don't see much difference when they are injected, but it only takes a few minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back up. Please advise on how

Nov 18, 2020, 1:26 PM

mixing some salt and other stuff with water and letting it sit in the fridge take much of any time or effort?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need a yuge bag or a pot and room in the fridge...

Nov 18, 2020, 1:31 PM

You don't want to underbrine or overbrine. Then you gotta thoroughly rinse the turkey off for like five minutes in the sink. I don't know, just seems like a big pain in the ###.

Get Popeyes?***

Nov 18, 2020, 1:39 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine I'll ####### brine it.***

Nov 18, 2020, 1:43 PM

Dry brine it. Much easier and works great.

Nov 18, 2020, 2:12 PM

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/salting-brining-curing-and-injecting/dry-brining-easier-and-less-wasteful-wet-brining

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a breast doesn't take that big of a pot.***

Nov 18, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to You need a yuge bag or a pot and room in the fridge... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

injected the wife lassssssss night

Nov 18, 2020, 2:03 PM

NOMSAYIN

but for real...depends. tried injecting a butt once, turnout was meh.

turkey was pretty good

i prefer a brine though

All of y'all are doing it wrong. You should inject

Nov 18, 2020, 2:10 PM

with heroin, Did it two years ago, and been doing constantly ever since

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 311
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic