Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m getting back into riding the bike during quarantine time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I’m getting back into riding the bike during quarantine time

Apr 24, 2020, 11:08 AM

One of the few good things about Tucson is their commitment to cycling. There is a path called the loop that is a about a total of 60 miles one way, completely standalone from roads, motorized traffic, etc. It’s great, cause slow people like me aren’t holding up Lakebums in traffic and getting threatened with violence and road rage outbursts.

I’ve seen quite a few posters on here that ride regularly. Do y’all invest in bike shorts for the padding? Cause let me tell you, after about 8 miles or so, there are some places hurting that make me wonder if wifeofgrouching has been assaulting me in my sleep. Don’t know if it’s the bike, which I got for free, about a 25 year old hybrid that may or may not be set up correctly for me, or just the toll of the road, or midnight unapproved adventures.

I look forward to hearing joungey or sirrius responses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was putting in miles on a bike

Apr 24, 2020, 11:12 AM

I bought the clothing. I felt ridiculous when i put that ish on, but it does help maintain your health.

Also, most bike shops will fit your bike for you if they are open for 25-50 bucks, but you can probably figure out how to fit yourself. You can order seat posts, stems, etc. online

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

padded shorts are a must if you are going to log

Apr 24, 2020, 11:17 AM

anymore than about 30 minutes on a bike IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, pro tip on wearing them:

Apr 24, 2020, 11:32 AM

Throw some basketball type shorts over the top. No one will even know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I rather enjoy riding my bicycle. The best was in my old

Apr 24, 2020, 11:22 AM

neighborhood in Charleston because I had a nice 3 mile loop of sidewalk where I could easily avoid walkers and cars. For a while, there was an unfinished phase where I could do some "off-roading" I know I've got the Swamp Rabbit Trail really close now, but that thing is always hopping.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to ride 20 miles a day in high school

Apr 24, 2020, 11:31 AM

Literally looped the city of Columbia. Started off behind the VA hospital, rode through Ft. Jackson, came out on Forest Dr. Rode that into downtown on Taylor Street. Went to the Statehouse, then back through USC to Rosewood Drive near Charlie's pool hall, then back down Rosewood to Garner's Ferry, up THE HILL, then ended up back behind the VA. That was my route.

AND YES, I did break down and buy ghey bike shorts, and for the same reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely get the padded shorts

Apr 24, 2020, 11:34 AM

Its well worth the money. But please wear something over them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought a seat with a little extra padding. Similar to this

Apr 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

So, I just wear basketball shorts, tshirt, and helmet.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/12814252972036554562?q=royal+gel+bike+seat&prds=epd:3781186042615514508,prmr:3,tpim:CIuz_smo3LHN7gEQjt6mr5rmzoaEARjAndgQIgNVU0Qo4InS9QUw98eLYQ,pdprs:5&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&utm_campaign=203613175&gclid=CjwKCAjwnIr1BRAWEiwA6GpwNUMXVNGRk6rEcfcxPFI-UZZlw-yWH-0Mcw5IALwTvPxEPRXRfSVroBoCYKwQAvD_BwE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought something similar to that from the local bike shop.

Apr 24, 2020, 12:00 PM

It hasn’t helped as much as I had hoped.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put this on my drunk riding home from Red's bike

Apr 24, 2020, 12:10 PM

Its like sitting on a couch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic