Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone have any trouble selling previous Nat'l Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,317

Anyone have any trouble selling previous Nat'l Championship

Dec 7, 2018, 12:50 PM

tickets. I requested them through Clemson but not 100% we are going yet based on work. I know they are electronic delivery but did anyone have any issues in 2015 and 2016 getting rid of them?

thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes in 15, no in 16

Dec 7, 2018, 1:12 PM

AZ was a last minute sale for face. People were skeptical about the PDF tickets. For the amount a ticket cost, I completely understood. 16 was good because of proximity & I guess they were familiar with the PDF tix. Hope you get to go!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Thank You!

Dec 7, 2018, 1:27 PM

I think I saw something from IPTAY that mentioned mobile tix

Dec 7, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Yes in 15, no in 16 ]

mobile are different than PDF. If they switched to mobile, you can sell via stubhub, ticketmaster, etc. or directly to a friend or I guess technically pre-game- the person could pay you cash and you transfer from your phone to their phone when you exchange the $

Re: Anyone have any trouble selling previous Nat'l Championship

Dec 7, 2018, 1:55 PM

I ended up getting lower level tickets with friends for the '15 Natty in Arizona. Didn't really have trouble selling my uppers, but had to take a loss on them, as the value dropped a LOT leading up to the game.

I expect the value will drop this year too, so prepare yourself to take a loss. If you have decent lowers, they will hold their value better than uppers, but the earlier you can sell them the better. It definitely makes it easier to sell online if you have PDFs, but harder to sell in person (stubhub verifies the tickets, and you don't have to ship).

That said, good luck and I hope you can make it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 2:12 PM

What's the face value of the Tix? Everything I am seeing for sale online is $800 upper and $25-3500 for lower but not like 50yd line, those are $5500.

Really considering going to National because I can stay with friends there but I am not spending $3-5k on Tix and $3k on flights plus food and car.

Dec 7, 2018, 2:46 PM

I forget what the amounts were for the different levels through Clemson but it wasn't $800 for uppers.

Dec 7, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone have any trouble selling previous Nat'l Championship ]

I believe it was $475 for uppers, $575 for lower corners/endzone, and $675 for lower sideline/club... something to that effect.

They are all but guaranteed to drop quite a bit from those prices leading up to the game.

IPTAY still has lower endzone and uppers available if you are an IPTAY member, and want them for face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 6:21 PM

Thanks. I will see what's available.

Dec 7, 2018, 3:00 PM

Here is my 2cents:

Tickets to this Championship game will drop between now and game day (with fluctuation in between)... very similar to Phoenix. The distance people have to travel and the cost/time to travel will limit the customer base. This is the opposite of the Tampa ticket. Two fan bases that were relatively close and could drive caused tickets to sky rocket right up until game time.

Dec 7, 2018, 6:10 PM

Yes, Fiesta Bowl in Glendale... ended up taking a friend could not move the tickets... I expect the same in SF.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought second hand for both games

Dec 7, 2018, 7:17 PM

As others have mentioned, the games in Arizona went cheaper (both playoff games in AZ were well priced as a buyer).

The game in Tampa was double the face, but holy moly did we have some great seats for that classic (45 yard line, lower). Worth every penny.

There will be buyers. I trust StubHub 100%. Tampa was bought from TigerNet ticket post from a dude I could verify. Met him in person in Tampa. Great experience and great guy.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,317
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic