Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can somebody explain just why folks feel compelled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Can somebody explain just why folks feel compelled

May 4, 2020, 8:44 AM

to run Trump flags up their flagpoles? This doesn't seem like a healthy way to behave towards a politician.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can somebody explain just why folks feel compelled

May 4, 2020, 8:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sigh, not being able to use your own words

May 4, 2020, 8:57 AM

means I have to try to find this later.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 9:01 AM

every time I see a flag at half staff, I run it to the top.

I am sorry that you died from a Virus, but you are not special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you don't.***

May 4, 2020, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: No, you don't.***

May 4, 2020, 1:09 PM

I actually did at the park by my house, twice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't believe it for one second.

May 4, 2020, 1:12 PM

Also don't believe it's at half staff for COVID, either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

To Trump's credit, he found a large segment of society

May 4, 2020, 9:04 AM

of disenfranchised people who actually were/are being hosed by mainstream R&D politics and corporate oligarchy. He says the things they want to hear. He bashes the people they have been scapegoating. He is their hero and no one else comes close to filling that void.

MAGA folks will tolerate Trumps bombastic incompetence because he is the only one who is acting on their grievances, be those grievances real or imaginary.

That is "How to Establish a Personality Cult" 101.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame

May 4, 2020, 9:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who worships a politician isn't healthy.

May 4, 2020, 9:32 AM

Trump isn't the first one to get worshiped (remember those embarrassing W: The President stickers?) but I can't recall one in my lifetime who has had this much of a cult.

There are people who generate genuine anger if you disagree with anything Trump says. Those people need help.

I do recall those.

May 4, 2020, 9:43 AM

I recall people not being a big fan of Clinton but not this degree of venom. Then the 2000 election happened and was all weird. Maybe I was just more aware of stuff by then but seems like the pure hate for the other side took hold then and has only mushroomed.

As you and have have discussed before. I am still waiting on the time that I actually vote FOR somebody. I'm always voting against it seeems.

Re: I do recall those.

May 4, 2020, 9:48 AM

I've voted third party for a few of the past presidential elections and had a clean conscience. If Amash is legit, I'm going to go with him probably instead of the two geriatric rapey guys.

No one is worshiping Trump.

May 4, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Anyone who worships a politician isn't healthy. ]

That is pure hyperbole. Insult using hyperbole which dismisses any contention that supports the truth of Trump being a good president. We don't agree, do we? That's all this comes down to. It's not that I'm a Trump worshiper for you know my worship is singularly given to The Almighty.

Shame on you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely false.

May 4, 2020, 11:45 AM

And you're suspect on that list as you've admitted you'll stand by him no matter what due to personal reasons.

There are people on this board who get angry when you dare criticize him, and they defend him at every turn. And there are plenty outside of here who worship the man. When we see paintings of him with Jesus standing over his shoulder, or all these evangelist leaders laying their hands on him, or a crying old man at his rally in North Charleston (who is my neighbor) claiming Trump "saved" him, that's worship.

You can call it whatever you like, but it's treating a man like he's more than just a man.

C'mon...Obama's first term?

May 4, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Anyone who worships a politician isn't healthy. ]

You'd have thought J. Christ himself had won the White house. They gave him a Nobel peace prize...for what?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C'mon...Obama's first term?

May 4, 2020, 1:08 PM

Sorry, it still didn't reach the fervor that has hit some members of the American public. Nor did we see armed protesters at statehouses during that time (I will stand by the point that those people are firm Trumpies). The evangelist holy connection to God and Jesus didn't happen with Obama, either.

As for the Nobel Prize, aren't those a bunch of Norwegians?

May 4, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to C'mon...Obama's first term? ]

all I remember is a bunch of teabaggers holding signs that they would come armed next time because the keyan marxist wanted a public option in the ACA. Useful idiots will useful idiot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 6:26 PM

Pssst. Keynesian.

Half the nation was speaking in tongues over Obama.

May 4, 2020, 11:29 AM

Running up a flag or wearing a MAGA cap doesn't seem quite so significant to me. Imo, a MAGA hat is more American than the Che Guevara shirts the left loves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Half the nation was speaking in tongues over Obama.

May 4, 2020, 11:50 AM

Neither are American. A Che shirt represents ignorance of history, a MAGA is insulting to the great advancements our society has made. America is the greatest it has ever been. MAGA might as well say, "I don't love my country and want a perverted new version".

But yeah, a Che shirt is stupid.

No they weren't***

May 4, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Half the nation was speaking in tongues over Obama. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they weren't.

May 4, 2020, 11:57 AM

The point was that flying a Trump flag is simply a measure of support for Trump and nothing to get upset over.

I noticed you didn't contradict Cat's statement about 'Trump worship,' which you are well aware was hyperbole.

It's dangerous.

May 4, 2020, 11:59 AM

Flying a flag for a president on the same staff as the American one (which also violates flag code) symbolizes something dangerous for America. Any time a president is treated with such worship (and if you love a president so much you want to fly a flag for him, that's worship), that signifies a person who will give him a free pass to do anything. And that's the problem we're getting with Trump supporters.

Yeah, I knew some people who thought Obama was the greatest president in history, and their fervor was disturbing as well. But I have never seen what I'm seeing for Trump, and the hostility and anger that emerges from those people when you even dare criticize Trump is absurd.

Flying a flag to support a President

May 4, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Of course they weren't. ]

and not the country he is currently President of, is ####### grade A weird #### hoss. Weird, borderline worship ####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is weird. Even if it is flown as a giant middle finger

May 4, 2020, 12:55 PM

to folks that one does not happen to agree with. I see these flags as different than a MAGA hat due to the commitment level.

In my neighborhood...

May 4, 2020, 1:02 PM

We've got one person flying a Trump flag and another across the street flying an "Impeach Trump" flag. I don't know who fired the first shot, but I know both mean it as a "screw you" to the other. I think both contacted the HOA about each other as well.

Seems pretty unhealthy on both ends.

This porch flags or like legit flagpoles in folks yards?

May 4, 2020, 1:08 PM

You should find away to blame both of them next time there is a pool key issue.

In the garages...

May 4, 2020, 1:11 PM

And they leave the garages open all day. So maybe they are only 80 percent wacky?

I initially thought this was a metaphor

May 4, 2020, 3:40 PM

but now I think you are being literal. I have never seen such a flag.

I've one down the street from me, Trump is riding a tank or

May 4, 2020, 4:47 PM

something. I also saw 3 out in Pickens Co. yesterday. I have not see any in super suburbia yet though.

May 4, 2020, 4:49 PM

They have TDS. They worship him.

Most people that do it are just doing it

May 5, 2020, 2:28 PM

to #### off the other side. Both sides are unhealthy at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic