Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Swinney updates QB battle in Monday practice report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: Swinney updates QB battle in Monday practice report

Aug 13, 2018, 8:09 PM

WATCH: Swinney updates QB battle in Monday practice report

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney met with the media Monday after a review of Saturday's scrimmage and Monday's practice on Jervey Meadows. As they have been all offse Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not the clarity that TigerNet was looking for...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: This is not the clarity that TigerNet was looking for...

Aug 13, 2018, 9:38 PM

Maybe not clarity but not far from it.
Aslo, bold statements concerning OL and TE's.
Overall, it fired me up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 9:42 PM

I read(between the lines) we will see both Bryant and Lawrence early.??

Aug 13, 2018, 9:50 PM

With a considerable sprinkling of Chase later. Pretty obvious observations for first game.
Texas A&M? Dabo won't hesitate to play Lawrence. Not trying to be a know it all, just feeling a litter tigerish tonight!

Aug 13, 2018, 9:58 PM

Read what Jeff Scott has to say, he makes it easier to read between the lines!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 8:17 AM [ in reply to This is not the clarity that TigerNet was looking for... ]

Clarity depends on what you are looking for. I have clarity that we have 2 QBs ready 2 play and another that will be fun to watch and whenever he gets on the field. What I really want to see is Renfrew and Choice in the back field. Choice took snaps as a freshman before being injured. Renfrew was a QB in hs. I would love to see Renfrew throw a rd this year.
Spot the ball....

Latest QB Info...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:48 PM

Well, well, well...

Yawn!

KB starts & who knows after that since they all are good.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Swinney updates QB battle in Monday practice report

Aug 13, 2018, 8:49 PM

Expect 2 QBs to play

I bet at least 3 play against your coots...***

Aug 13, 2018, 8:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 8:58 PM

In my opinion the longer this goes on the more im thinking it's a two qb system. By the end of the year I'm thinking 90% Lawrence 10% Kelly. Mostly due to the fact that most two qb systems use the more athletic qb as a change up to shock the defense. Regardless may the best man win and go Tigers!

Aug 13, 2018, 8:58 PM

In my opinion the longer this goes on the more im thinking it's a two qb system. By the end of the year I'm thinking 90% Lawrence 10% Kelly. Mostly due to the fact that most two qb systems use the more athletic qb as a change up to shock the defense. Regardless may the best man win and go Tigers!

Aug 13, 2018, 9:23 PM

aaaaaaaaand finished.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 9:39 PM

...lol...and nope. Just confirms what everyone already knew, KB would start Furman as long as he stayed healthy. Doesn't mean you won't see TL take it over, doesn't mean KB is the T A&M starter either. Like he said, "battle will last into the season"...which means it didn't end.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:42 PM

Old saying you gotta knock the champ out. I think kb gets it unless it's crystal clear tl is better.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:40 PM

Then you weren't paying attention.

He said, "if we had to play today, we would play both" or more.

Most of us are simply asking for TL to get meaningful game reps so he can get the monkey off his back that some of you are determined to keep there. "But he hasn't done it at this level before!"

If TL is keeping pace with KB, and KB is much improved with TL pushing him, why not play at least 2. Even Playing all 3 would be far different from when Malzahn played 3 incompetent QBs against us.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:54 PM

Tl has shown us nothing. Look at his performance in the army game.

Aug 14, 2018, 8:41 AM

TL showed me that he was ready to play in the spring. Chase showed that he would play his best, he is a gamer and will be ready whenever his number is called.
KB is ready as well, we have competition at most spots on field on both sides of the ball. I do not expect anyone to beat out Hyatt, Christian not Big Dex, I would not be surprised if some the young guys challenge the others. Joseph will start every game, at whatever lb spot he is needed. Most talented team that I have seen at Clemson,

Aug 14, 2018, 12:44 PM

I think the most logical thing to do is put kB in the 1st game as the starter and be plays the first quarter. TL plays the second quarter. Both play with all the other starters. That way they each have a fair chance to showcase what they can do. If it were only this simple right?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic