Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Morris on short yardage problems in scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Football Update: Morris on short yardage problems in scrimmage

Apr 4, 2012, 1:30 PM

Morris on short yardage problems in scrimmage

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Morris on short yardage problems in scrimmage

Apr 4, 2012, 1:48 PM

Being physical starts in the weight room. Having a tough mental attitude is fine, but if you haven't developed the strength and beef to back it up, you're not not going to be successful. IMHO, player development is the one major issue that Clemson has yet to rectify. Team strength and work in the weight room used to be a source of team pride in years past. I never hear it mentioned these days-----by coaches or players. And everyone is surprised that we can't knock people off the ball in short yardage situations. Hello! Duh.

Apr 4, 2012, 1:52 PM

I have been complaining about this very obvious problem for 5 years!! and all we get is Dabo saying we are fine!This huge and pitiful problem will not be corrected until we get a new S & C program!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um... who is the offensive line playing against? Think.***

Apr 4, 2012, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Morris on short yardage problems in scrimmage ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Um... who is the offensive line playing against? Think.***

Apr 4, 2012, 4:11 PM

I get your point, but did you see any short yardage plays last year? Think!

Yes I did and what does that have to do with this scrimmage?***

Apr 5, 2012, 12:25 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man

Apr 4, 2012, 1:57 PM

You guys should be coaches......

Re: Man

Apr 4, 2012, 2:32 PM

when U have watched our lines(both)get pushed around by the likes of Wake and Wofford for years the thought must be that something is wrong!IMHO it simply comes down to out S & C program is just awful!did U see the c$$t game last year?? they made us look like a high school team.. I will not remind U about WVU!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you see...that kind of mentality is exactly

Apr 4, 2012, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Man ]

why it's so frustrating. The same ones with that sarcastic "you guys don't know what you're talking about" attitude are the ones bicching when we get mauled up front by teams like Wofford (remember?).

I'm all for letting the coaches do their jobs. But explain to me how we recruit from the same talent pool as teams like South Carolina, but get absolutely destroyed up front.

Something's gotta give. I'm tired of trying to out-athlete everybody.

Re: No, you see...that kind of mentality is exactly

Apr 4, 2012, 3:32 PM

Re: no you see...Again, it's the S&C program, or lack thereof. No effective player development. To me that's a sad fact, not sarcasm.

I agree with you

Apr 4, 2012, 4:20 PM

I was referring to the sarcastic "you're not a coach" response.

I've always held that S&C is a problem.

Ugh

Apr 4, 2012, 2:08 PM

The easiest response to a comment people don't like is to say "are you a coach? " Anybody with any sense knows that people aren't limited to their one profession in their opinions. I guess nobody can be right unless they coach football, because we all know football is second only to brain surgery in intellectual requirements.

Apr 4, 2012, 2:52 PM

This is a problem the Tiger Offense has had for several years----one that should have been corrected long ago---one that absolutely HAS to be resolved during this off-season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PUT IN MERRIWEATHER!!!***

Apr 4, 2012, 2:55 PM

HEAR HEAR!!!***

Apr 4, 2012, 3:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: PUT IN MERRIWEATHER!!!***

Apr 4, 2012, 4:37 PM [ in reply to PUT IN MERRIWEATHER!!!*** ]

I still get pissed off when i think about that bone head decsion in 06....cost us the game vs the coots

Apr 4, 2012, 4:48 PM

You and me, both!

Apr 4, 2012, 4:50 PM

Ha I was so mad I wanted to go down and ring his neck

I bet

Apr 4, 2012, 3:53 PM

You think if all out guys benched 600 and squat 800 we would go 14-0.......wrong I played O line for 10 years 2 post HS an its about mind set and being tech. sound and being a tough mother and being an athlete and haveing a killer's mindset but what do I know bash away.

That's just it...

Apr 4, 2012, 4:25 PM

Bench pressing and squatting shouldn't be the basis for an athlete's workout.

Offensive and defensive linemen don't have their backs against a wall and aren't expected to press outward in that motion.

LSU, Bama, all the big programs use Olympic-style work outs, more or less. It's about creating POWER and SYNERGY, and targeted the fast-twitch muscle fibers that are required to blow a hole open and explode into a ball carrier.

I'm not saying bench and squat should be eliminated. I'm just saying that the top programs use a completely different S&C philosophy than Batson.

I

Apr 4, 2012, 4:17 PM

Agree we need to work on it alot no question but lets not bash s and c for a player not being tough ya know some kids arent born to kill and I think bringin shatley will rub off on some guys big time and with the pistol loom will help running where our line is strong this year OG and C.

Look***

Apr 4, 2012, 4:17 PM

I would

Apr 4, 2012, 4:35 PM

Love to go watch a summer workout just to see what they do but Im sure he uses old school lifts with plyometrics (sp) and the power cleans and things like that which bama and lsu use alot and just saying bench and squat do build fast twitch.

And

Apr 4, 2012, 4:46 PM

A kicker who shall not be named.

Here's a thought....

Apr 4, 2012, 9:35 PM

I used to be in the "Bash Batson" crowd too, but something dawned on me the last few weeks.

If there is a weakness in the program, the coaches will make the changes. Dabo has proven this 3x time now as head coach. Even further, if Coach Morris wants the O Line performing at a higher level he'll fix it the way it needs to be fixed. If it comes to the lifting program, I'm sure he'll push for changes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic