Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It IS VERY possible to "win out" the rest of our games ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

It IS VERY possible to "win out" the rest of our games ...

Jan 24, 2020, 10:04 AM

Regular season. Granted, there are some "good" teams ahead, L'ville, FSU, VaTech, Cuse ... but are we not "good" also ? Key to making The Dance is to beat "good" teams, and win against teams that you should win against. Us beating Dook is proof that we are "good", bad teams do not beat Dook no matter the venue.

We get too bogged down in "keys to victory". We over think it, paralysis by analysis, make it too complicated.

The keys to victory are simple:
- Put the ball in the basket
- Make the Foul Shots
- Stop the opponent from putting the ball in the basket

Do these things and be glad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It IS VERY possible to "win out" the rest of our games ...

Jan 24, 2020, 10:09 AM

You may have an easier time convincing people that any of the single games could be a win, but you aren't going to convince anybody that we can "win out".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 10:13 AM

What would you be smoking today? That's a ridiculous statement. No, we are NOT good. Offense shaky and inconsistent and free throwing is the worst I have seen in many years.

agree, we have won 2 maybe 3 games vs quality competition

Jan 24, 2020, 10:32 AM

UNC and Wake do not fit this criteria. Duke, TCU, and maybe NCState are the only quality wins we have. This does not represent a "good" team. It just means that if we play our A game and our opponent doesnt play their A game we have the ability to win.

Although, I heard Colgate may have been our best win this season ;)

Funny.***

Jan 24, 2020, 10:14 AM

Jan 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

U must have forgotten who the coach is.

“Put the ball in the basket”

Jan 24, 2020, 11:51 AM

At its core, that is ALL there is to basketball.

Do it more times than the other team and you win.

Everything else is secondary.

Yes, but let us not forget "the 3" ...

Jan 24, 2020, 1:15 PM

IF you shoot a lower ratio of shots than your opponent ... BUT the shots made include a high percentage of "3's", linear algebra proves you MAY still be victorious ... this is analytics and beyond the scope of this thread

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do

Jan 24, 2020, 11:58 AM

ok ain't that good, plain and simple.

you have to be the most optimistic person ever.

Jan 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

god bless you.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

The odds of winning out are beyond miniscule. Even if you give us a 50/50 shot in every game (similar to assuming the spread is a Pickem), we have a 0.02% chance of winning our remaining 12 games.

Once you factor in the opponents and true odds...it's not even in the realm of possibility that we win them all.

If I had that mentality I would never buy lotto tickets

Jan 24, 2020, 1:18 PM

Yet I read that a person in Fetid Flats Mississippi won the Powerball Grand Prize. Lets be that person in Fetid Flats.

Re: If I had that mentality I would never buy lotto tickets

Jan 24, 2020, 1:23 PM

Quite a difference there...this is skill-based results. The lotto is nothing but chance.

I beseech that we have the skill ...

Jan 24, 2020, 1:33 PM

Its the implementation. My only is critique is that Coach B. should NOT be yelling at the players from the sideline all the time, that would make anyone nervous. But I think he's getting better lately ...

Jan 24, 2020, 12:02 PM

SFA says hey. They are not a good team.

As you are seeing, many people here can't wait

Jan 24, 2020, 12:05 PM

to discredit our wins this year. UNC stinks, Duke isn't really that good, etc.

It's sad that so many people today can't simply enjoy wins and support the team.

With that said, we aren't going to win out. I'd be pleased if we win 2/3rds of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: As you are seeing, many people here can't wait

Jan 24, 2020, 12:10 PM

But Judge...UNC DOES stink. It's just a fact. I am definitely not offering to give the win back, and for us it's significant because 1-59. But it's not a quality win, it's not a resume builder.

OhWiseOne didn't mention UNC in his post.

Jan 24, 2020, 12:29 PM

"Regular season. Granted, there are some "good" teams ahead, L'ville, FSU, VaTech, Cuse ... but are we not "good" also ? Key to making The Dance is to beat "good" teams, and win against teams that you should win against. Us beating Dook is proof that we are "good", bad teams do not beat Dook no matter the venue."

So I'm not sure why others bringing up UNC and talking about how bad they are is relevant here.

If we were discussing our NCAA Tournament resume, and quality wins this year, then I agree that UNC wouldn't be considered one by the committee.

It's still a very significant win for us though, as you stated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: OhWiseOne didn't mention UNC in his post.

Jan 24, 2020, 12:52 PM

One person mentioned UNC. You are the second, and you're still going on about it...

Re: As you are seeing, many people here can't wait

Jan 24, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to As you are seeing, many people here can't wait ]

Anybody who thinks the Duke win is not a good win is just ignorant. That doesn't mean a bad team cannot beat Duke because they have lost to a bad team. I don't think we are a bad team but we certainly play poorly a good bit. We have to play better than we did against Wake if we wanna make the tourney this year. I still believe in our team and I believe we can make the big dance. Mack, Simms, and Newman are talented enough to take us with a veteran PG who doesn't turn the ball over a lot. We have to be better at the line tho and we have to work more on O against the zone.

Does that make South Carolina football

Jan 24, 2020, 12:25 PM

a “good” team? I think we’re okay this year, but with this young of a team we’re gonna be really inconsistent. If we could win half of our games I would be ecstatic.

Winning 6 of the remaining 12 games

Jan 24, 2020, 12:32 PM

is the only realistic hope. At 16-14, not counting ACC tournament, Clemson should make the NIT. Then Brownell will give us the usual second round exit. There is another hope. Baseball starts on Feb. 14.

We’re more likely to go undefeated in softball.***

Jan 24, 2020, 1:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not really how statistics work

Jan 24, 2020, 1:34 PM

Even if you were incredibly generous (drunk on orange koolaid?) and gave us a 75% chance to win every game, we would only have a little over a 3% chance to win all 12. Realistically our chances to win these games probably averages out to around 50% which gives us a whopping .025% (1 in 4000) chance of winning out.

Hey, but it's not 0.

Re: That's not really how statistics work

Jan 24, 2020, 3:07 PM

I stopped doing statistics when they starting mixing in letters with the numbers***

Jan 24, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to That's not really how statistics work ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic