Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I could see Jerry Jones coming after Dabo one day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I could see Jerry Jones coming after Dabo one day

Jan 12, 2019, 9:43 PM

After he wins a couple more Nattys of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I surely hope Dabo is smarter than that!***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find myself recalling the statement from Jimmy Johnson,

Jan 12, 2019, 10:12 PM

when he divorced his wife.He said,"The NFL is no place for a woman". I cannot imagine Dabo taking Kathleen into that environment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He definitely is.***

Jan 13, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to I surely hope Dabo is smarter than that!*** ]

Re: I could see Jerry Jones coming after Dabo one day

Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 PM

You do know Jerry Jones “culture” is Johnny Walker Blue Label, Cocaine and Women of the Evening don’t you?

Dabo did tell Steven A "never say never" with the NFL***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 9:55 PM

Houston Texans are clamoring for Dabo. Seems a bunch of fans are really getting behind that idea and that was before Monday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 9:58 PM

He is coaching his sons. Once in a lifetime opportunity. So no way he leaves anywhere for at least 4 more years...perhaps longer if his youngest son plays too which I dont know if he does or not.

Ditto for Venables!

Message was edited by: clempson93

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 10:08 PM

? THIS

People is hellls just wants ice water too.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I could see Jerry Jones coming after Dabo one day ]

Dabo isn't leaving, there's no incentive for leaving. He said 'Never say never,' but he also said 'I'll be at Clemson until they don't want me.'

If that turns out to be a lie it will be the first one we've heard him tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 10:14 PM

Guy hasn't fielded a Super Bowl quality team in 23 years .
You want Dabo to go get into that mess ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

TD23 -- Remember it was 20 years from 1991 ACC Championship

Jan 12, 2019, 10:55 PM

with Ken Hatfield and Ford's players to 2011 Clemson ACC championship with Coach Swinney. And 2011 ended with beatdown by WVA.

Dabo is a program rebuilder -- that we know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TD23 -- Remember it was 20 years from 1991 ACC Championship

Jan 13, 2019, 8:18 PM

Sample size is 1 .
As a Dallas hater , I would remind Jerry that he is a coach killer and should leave a nice guy like Dabo alone .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 12, 2019, 10:16 PM

If Jerry's coming after anyone, he better hurry. He looks to be pushing late 70's early 80's

Jan 13, 2019, 12:44 AM

This. Jerry is more likely to be in the market for home care nurses.

I see Dabo going pro one day more likely than Bama ...

Jan 12, 2019, 10:47 PM

But no earlier than 2023. Of course, none of us really know. Likely not even Coach and Mrs. S. Unless and until things change Coach will live, focus and enjoy the fun & the winning in the present.

Drew's age, Clemson's play, the opportunities available, and Dabo's level of focus and interest in 4-5 years will all be factors. And it would take the right team of assistants. But being a man, Dabo is just as prone to keeping life interesting asd any other man with a lot of options. And no amount of Clemson fan love can sustain Dabo if he gets bored and interested in taking on a different challenge. And it will not be about money with Dabo, but it could be about taking on a new challenge.

Never say never. Just enjoy what we have right now. The greatest team, the greatest time, and the greatest coach in the history of Clemson University Football!

Why not.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 PM

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time he's piszed up a rope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:04 PM

never say never aside, his coaching style, management style and life style do not match up well with the nfl. For the life of me, I can't see him enjoying the life of an nfl coach.

Jan 13, 2019, 7:46 PM

Coming from a Cowboys fan since 1981, Dabo would make a better NFL owner than Jerry Jones. As it applies to me, I use the term "Cowboys fan" loosely, and more loosely by the day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I can't see Dabo ever being enticed by the NFL. He enjoys

Jan 13, 2019, 8:14 PM

molding the lives of young men, as opposed to babysitting a bunch of spoiled millionaires.

Re: I can't see Dabo ever being enticed by the NFL. He enjoys

Jan 13, 2019, 8:20 PM

76er® said:

molding the lives of young men, as opposed to babysitting a bunch of spoiled millionaires.

His style just likely wouldn't work in a cutthroat environment like the NFL. Competition for spots is just too intense, and incentives for personal stat-padding is far too strong.

The "family" atmosphere at Clemson would be very, very hard to build in the League.

Yep. I can see it now:

Jan 14, 2019, 11:32 AM

I love you, man. By the way, we just traded you to the BENGALS.

I belive Dabo only says that "never say never" as a reminder

Jan 13, 2019, 8:25 PM

to never lock yourself into something.Even if he doesn't mean it to be taken as he'll leave some day.Still have to leave doors open for agents to work out new deals.
I for one have zero doubt that Dabo retires at Clemson.

Maybe Stephen Jones

Jan 14, 2019, 11:56 AM

Jerry Jones will be in the ground before Dabo leaves Clemson.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic