Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting Player Update: Tigers land 4-star WR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Recruiting Player Update: Tigers land 4-star WR

Jul 2, 2013, 10:23 PM

Tigers land 4-star WR

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting Player Update: Tigers land 4-star WR

Jul 2, 2013, 10:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We land the #1 WR in Florida again

Jul 2, 2013, 10:30 PM

Florida school must hate us. Feels good.

Re: We land the #1 WR in Florida again

Jul 2, 2013, 10:38 PM

I thought Scott committed not Lane.

Re: We land the #1 WR in Florida again

Jul 2, 2013, 11:08 PM

You know the deal troll!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we get Lane too ...

Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We land the #1 WR in Florida again ]

How would you like them apples?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feels real good***

Jul 2, 2013, 10:31 PM

Jul 2, 2013, 10:40 PM

Artavis Scott HAS NOT COMMITTED yet. Just said it on Twitter.

You are correct !!***

Jul 2, 2013, 11:02 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2013, 11:00 PM

WOW, just watched his highlights from last season, very explosive, slippery and exceptional hands, can't wait to see him in orange!!!

Jul 3, 2013, 9:25 AM

I was saying on another thread that he reminds me a lot of former WVU running back Noel Devine...he's got an incredible burst and balance. He's got everything in place to be an elite playmaker.

The main difference between him and Devine is size: Devine was only 5'8 while Scott is 5'11. While that makes him slightly undersized, it still puts him in a much betteer position to be a top-level player at the college level.

I'm very, very excited to see this guy put on a Clemson uniform.

Jul 2, 2013, 11:03 PM

Its a Blessing for Clemson to landed a young man as talent as you. A golden opportunity is in your limelight. The rest is up to you, the SKY is the limit. With Clemson's offense, there will be no limits for your ability and no telling how far you will be able to go. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!! ALL-IN IN ALL YOU DO FOR A GREAT FUTURE AT CLEMSON.

Re: Re: Recruiting Player Update: Tigers land 4-star WR

Jul 2, 2013, 11:07 PM

Well, he was just standing in front of a camera on espnu saying he did

Embarrassing & disrespectful that TN posts this before Scott

Jul 2, 2013, 11:09 PM

can announce it. Goes to show where Tigernet's priorities are.

Re: Embarrassing & disrespectful that TN posts this before Scott

Jul 2, 2013, 11:12 PM

Just b/c this makes your AS$ really hurt, you don't have to come here and let everybody know just how bad....

I'll tell you what is embarrassing & disrespectful ...

Jul 2, 2013, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Embarrassing & disrespectful that TN posts this before Scott ]

... all the dang coots dropping chicken crap on this board.

Re: I'll tell you what is embarrassing & disrespectful ...

Jul 2, 2013, 11:42 PM

But that is soooo them in doing that tho. That place where they roost is just so full of chicken chit. Maybe that is why they hang out here.

But that is soooo them in doing that tho.

Jul 3, 2013, 1:45 AM

Nice try bud. Are you always this immature acting or only after your bedtime? Like I said, come up with something more creative than labeling every Clemson fan you disagree with as a coot. It makes you look as dumb as the coot fans you talk trash about.

Re: But that is soooo them in doing that tho.

Jul 3, 2013, 9:05 AM

Someone blasting T-Net for doing what they do, report Clemson news. And then call someone immature. It has to be miserable being you. Trying to control everything that you come into contact with is just so, what is it, yes that's it, controlling of you. Does your mom know you're on T-Net rebelling and wanting to dictate how they should run their site. My, my the temper tantrums you're having. Maybe mom should cut back on your adderall, or maybe change the time for your last dose. Geeezzzzzzzz you're hyped and on a roll after your bed time.;)

Me with temper tantrums? Have you read your post?.....

Jul 3, 2013, 6:58 PM

...and your psychology prowess is downright terrible. Stick to shooting people. Speaking of moms, does yours know she raised an immature kid with little regard for morals, integrity, and honor? I figured the military would've straightened that out but I guess not. Plenty of other sites were already aware of Scott's decision but held off on reporting it until after his announcement out of respect for the new Tiger.

By the way genius, when did I blast TN for "reporting the news"? Nice straw argument, buddy. I blasted them for breaking news early against our player's wishes. I don't know if the shock from an IED damaged your comprehension ability but you should get it checked out.

no, that's not embarrassing. That's just annoying. Plus,

Jul 3, 2013, 1:39 AM [ in reply to I'll tell you what is embarrassing & disrespectful ... ]

Are you pumping whip-its into your tuba, b/c your "coot" comment is quite dimwitted? Did I trash Clemson, genius? No. What's embarrassing is knowing you're apart of this fan base but can't differentiate Clemson from Tigernet. I don't have a problem with Clemson. Clemson just snagged a verbal from a great receiver and a great kid. Clemson isn't the one who cared more about breaking the news than letting the kid have his 20 seconds; Tigernet is.

Let me spell it out for you:
Tigernet does not = Clemson University
Clemson University = Clemson University
If someone condones something Tigernet does it does NOT = condoning Clemson, a coot-like action, or an act of treason

As Clemson fans I'd think we're above this type nonsense, both disrespectfully breaking the story early and then subsequently supporting such action. And you call me a coot fan. hah. It's the same default drivel from you mindless #####; any poster you don't agree with is instantly labeled a coot. It's old, man. Either come up with something new already or argue the post on its own merit.

coot.

Jul 3, 2013, 2:00 AM

shrug.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, I'm a coot bc I support Clemson, its commits, and their

Jul 3, 2013, 2:36 AM

opportunity to have 20 seconds of fame w/o it being slightly spoiled first by an internet site who cant resist leaking it despite knowing it's the wrong thing to do.

Ironically, if any coot-like actions occurred, it's Tigernet blatantly stealing some of Artavis's thunder despite him clearly being against it. So who's the coot here, smart guy? Breaking this story early against Artavis's wishes is something a Coot would do b/c it sure as s*** isn't a Clemson move. You supporting TN's action = COOT MOVE. The Tiger move here is by the guy supporting the new recruit, his decision to want to be the one breaking HIS news, and the Clemson program he now represents.

So, coot, go the f*** home. You obviously care more about TN than you do Clemson.

Midol

Jul 3, 2013, 7:40 AM

Use it.

TNet wasn't the one who spilled the beans anyway. It was already well out in the open at that point.

Right, that makes it ok to further perpetuate it. LOL.

Jul 3, 2013, 6:45 PM

So I guess it's ok to loot after a hurricane considering others have already initiated it, eh. It doesn't matter if someone else had released the commitment because there's still the right and wrong thing to do regardless of what others have done, and the right thing in this case is to show that at least you respect the kid's wishes.

It's sad that your standards are at Coot level.

you must be a joy on gameday,

Jul 3, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Yup, I'm a coot bc I support Clemson, its commits, and their ]

coot. shrug.

i poked you with a stick to see what would crawl up & there your are.

i admit to starting the funny; lighten up francis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you were joking, that's all good. I'm not a tight #### in

Jul 3, 2013, 7:09 PM

the least. Hello- my screen name's Sunday12pack (obviously for NFL Sundays). There are so many non-joking coot comments flying around this place on a daily basis [typically smugly used as a quick way to dismiss others] that I thought you were serious. "shrug" was a nice touch though.

It's just funny watching others getting their panties in a wad and harassing me b/c I feel a Clemson internet site of all places should be more respectful of the wishes of a new Clemson member. If Artavis chose UCF then I wouldn't be concerned about it, but when he's now one of our own it's a little different. Heck, if he announced SC I'd break the news the second I found out.

it's was early morning, thought i'd drop the "coot" bomb

Jul 3, 2013, 8:05 PM

to loosen things up. :)

i don't normally follow the recruiting saga closely. i had seen that the announcement was to be made earlier in the day, recorded & then played during the night time scheduled slot.

if tigernet was asked not to release any info until after that announcement, i'd agree with you.

i don't know the timeline or have any info that would sway me one way or the other. honestly, recruiting has turned into a circus that's turned me away from most of it, well, until that first wednesday in february.

yes, Scott didn't want it released early which is why he

Jul 3, 2013, 8:31 PM

tweeted around 10:30 pm last night that he didn't know why there was talk about him already being committed even though it hadn't yet been televised. Tnet released it at 10:23 PM. Scott didn't commit [on national TV] until just after 11. Do the math.

Other Clemson sites were aware early in the day of his commitment, but they had the decency and integrity to hold off until immediately AFTER it was televised. TIgernet on the other hand had to jump in 40 minutes ahead of time and steal some of Artavis's thunder as well as spoil it for anyone waiting all day to see it live. Then the yahoo's here jump and say, "well other places squeaked it too so that makes it ok" which is BS rationality. Integrity is integrity. The definition isn't altered just b/c a site deals in football news.

The moral of the story is- if you enjoy seeing televised recruiting announcements straight from the horse's mouth as he proudly lifts up a Tigers hat, then avoid Tnet that day so they can't spoil it. Lesson learned.

Re: no, that's not embarrassing. That's just annoying. Plus,

Jul 3, 2013, 8:25 AM [ in reply to no, that's not embarrassing. That's just annoying. Plus, ]

I thought that Tigernet did their job admirably. He announced this on national television, at one of the biggest events of the year for him and his fellow recruits, so it wasn't exactly a "secret", or meant for a certain person/organization to announce. You WANT your coverage teams to pick up on it. There's no rule saying when or who gets to say what, and nobody here wants to here you complain about it, especially if you're raining on the parade of everyone who is excited that we got a 4 star commit!

If you're really a Clemson fan as you say, you should be positively THRILLED when stuff like this is announced, because it means great things for the future of Tiger football. Not all pissed off at how it happened. To me, that just seems immature and ignorant of how great the situation of picking up a commit is. You seriously should not be surprised everyone is calling you a coot, buddy.

I believe your timeline and facts are a little skewed here.

Jul 3, 2013, 8:09 PM

Tnet broke the news BEFORE Artavis had a chance to announce it "on national television, at one of the biggest events of the year.". That's what's off-putting about it.

Scott even tweeted this shortly after T-net broke the news: "Why people keep saying I committed I havent did anything yet". The kid obviously wanted his 20 seconds and T-net should've done its part to let him have it.

yes, I want my "coverage teams to pick up on it"..... immediately AFTER he breaks it himself, not BEFORE.

Yes, there's "no rule about saying when or who gets to say what", but that doesn't mean throwing common decency & integrity out the window.

Why are you trying to turn this into me "raining on the parade of people's excitement for landing a 4* recruit"? That's ridiculous. I've done no such thing. Straw argument much?

Yes, as a CLEMSON fan I'm thrilled to hear this announced but what's that have to do with breaking it early? What, you think if Tnet doesn't break it early that fans will never hear about it? Get real. Another straw argument from you. Artavis set it up to be announced ON NATIONAL TV, and many of us preferred to learn of it that way b/c we feel it's emotionally more enjoyable than reading it on a site. We enjoy seeing the purple & orange Clemson hat lifted WITHOUT knowing the outcome in advance. I guess you must enjoy people blabbing the outcome of a movie right before you see it too eh?

Just b/c I love Clemson and am thrilled by the commitment it does NOT mean I have to support an internet site's decision to break a story early, so all your driveling talk of, "If you're really a Clemson fan this and Clemson fan that" is utter bulls*** and misdirectional at best. Let me know if I need a 4th grader to translate that complexity to you.

LOL at your perception by the way regarding "everyone calling me a coot". Since when is Clemson's fan base comprised of 3 people?

"The coot doth protest too much, methinks."

Jul 4, 2013, 1:24 AM [ in reply to no, that's not embarrassing. That's just annoying. Plus, ]

;)

Back away from the ledge t mac and get over it

Jul 3, 2013, 9:17 PM

U obviously are a da

Calm down***

Jul 3, 2013, 9:18 PM

Re: Calm down 12 pack

Jul 3, 2013, 9:19 PM

Yall will manage a recruit or two

Butt hurt much T mac??? Wah!!!***