Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Rhymer: I Have No Idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Aug 23, 2006, 12:07 PM

Scott Rhymer takes a look at some of the question marks for the upcoming season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ouch....***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Will Rhymer best me in March Madness picks?

Aug 23, 2006, 12:12 PM

I have NO idea.

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

some titles are more appropriate than others

Aug 23, 2006, 12:13 PM

this is one :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Oil, burn Lungers

I sure hope so!***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:21 PM

I like your handle. ;)***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:25 PM

The tool is a powerful brain.

8 and 4 seems like a good bet to me but I would

Aug 23, 2006, 12:21 PM

have us lose to BC, FSU, VT and GT.

Re: 8 and 4 seems like a good bet to me but I would

Aug 23, 2006, 12:22 PM

Mark it down-we will not lose to Ga. Tech.

I'd be willing to guarantee any win before that one.

Aug 23, 2006, 12:24 PM

Given our long history of wild endings and close games, I don't care how talented or untalented one side is. I will never guarantee a win over them. :)

i agree 100 % on this one***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: 8 and 4 seems like a good bet to me but I would ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we will be 9 and 3 at the end of regular season!***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:23 PM [ in reply to 8 and 4 seems like a good bet to me but I would ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't be shocked if we lose to those 4, but I don't think

Aug 23, 2006, 12:25 PM [ in reply to 8 and 4 seems like a good bet to me but I would ]

we lose to BC. But if I had to pick 4 games as potential losses, those would be the 4.

LOL! Well that should set off a small fire storm.

Aug 23, 2006, 12:22 PM

I like his articles, but I'll disagree with losing to Wake. Don't see us losing to them this season. FSU I can see. VT I can see. GT, given the back and forth close games we always have, I could easily see. But not Wake. Other than that, good read.

You're right, you have no idea(s), so keep 'em to yourself.***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:23 PM

What did he say that was so off base?***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:35 PM

Nothing, just trolling...***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:48 PM

People just stop it

Aug 23, 2006, 12:54 PM [ in reply to You're right, you have no idea(s), so keep 'em to yourself.*** ]

Rhymer's job is to give his opinion in these articles and that is exactly what he does. I thought it was a decent article, but some of you are determined that no matter WHAT he says, you are gonna hate him. Just give it up. He's not that bad, and I'm glad he's on the radio gamedays to bring me extra pregame coverage and giving us stuff to discuss on here.

GO TIGERS

so you're the one who determines what people...

Aug 23, 2006, 12:54 PM

should dislike or like and voice their opinion on?

Kinda defeats the purpose of a discussion forum/message board, don't you think?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope I'm surely not

Aug 23, 2006, 1:06 PM

But on a discussion board, I can voice my own opinion about it, which I'm doing.

GO TIGERS

and that opinion is overly sensitive...

Aug 23, 2006, 1:24 PM

about the opinion of others. Telling someone not to say something is quite different than disagreeing with it.

I think it's because his opinion is so wrong the majority of

Aug 23, 2006, 1:46 PM [ in reply to People just stop it ]

the time. That's why people like disagreeing with him, even when it's not way off base. I don't disagree with most of the stuff he said in this article, except for losing to Wake. However, I still think he's an idiot. Do you remember his "No Tents at Tailgates" article? Give me a break.

I would guess that many of his articles are designed to

Aug 23, 2006, 1:57 PM

elicit a reaction from the reader, usually more of a negative reaction (because, let's face it....it generates discussion).

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Rhymer. This team has to prove it to make me

Aug 23, 2006, 12:25 PM

believe it. Its so easy to say we are going to beat Wake and anybody else. We have proven in the last few years that we can beat anbody and lose to anybody. Lets just let this team make believers out of us.

The problem in guessing how well the Tigers do this year

Aug 23, 2006, 1:45 PM

is not because "We Can Beat Anyone"... its because "We Can Lose To Anyone"

I think the 2006 Tigers are going to be special. I think we have almost everything we need to make a run for the ACC Championship. But, everything has to fall into place, and we can't lose 4 games...even IF only by 14 total points. Last year, the 14 points was a "consolation" of sorts... 2 of them OT losses, and the team played with more determination in 60 minutes of football than I saw in a long time. BUT, this year, 4 losses by 14 points won't cut it. If the 2006 Tigers are as special as we all think they are, they are going to have to prove it on the field. Going to Tally 2-0 would be a good start!

Ok... spot the #&%% ball!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

LOL...

Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 AM

Apparently Stuckey was invisible on his way to leading the league in recieving. Oh well, I wish all of our players could appear to be ants.

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

Have to disagree about the OL

Aug 23, 2006, 12:49 PM

I think you have to say the dominated NC State last year. How soon you forget.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have to disagree about the OL

Aug 23, 2006, 12:53 PM

but wee need to be more consistent-there were some games like gt and bc where we didnot run the ball well--rhymer is correctly pointing out that while we have the potential to be an excellent team--we've said it before and fell short--time to put up

His statement wasn't if we were consistent, it was he

Aug 23, 2006, 1:39 PM

wasn't sure we had done it to a team. We sure didn't dominate against BC. I would put Colo. in the dominated category too. We may not have scored much, but the line sure was beating their DL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a waste of time....***

Aug 23, 2006, 12:51 PM

Good article but I can never ever....

Aug 23, 2006, 12:55 PM

...pull for Miami. Even if I want to and it will help the Tigers I just can't. Too many years of watching their program and their old image. I just can't force myself to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good article but I can never ever....

Aug 23, 2006, 1:11 PM

Good article although I believe clemson will win the big road games BC, Fl St, and maybe even VT, only to choke to lesser teams flying under the radar.
Clemson, 10-2 ACC Champs.

Re: Good article but I can never ever....

Aug 23, 2006, 1:17 PM

8-4?! With the talent level on this team? Sorry guys, but that's completely unacceptable. Sure, it could happen, but given the talent upgrades over the past 2 years, 8-4 shouldn't happen.

Hatfield's line in the early 90's was Ford's recruits......

Aug 23, 2006, 1:40 PM

i.e., Ford's line.

This is PATHETIC! 8-4??? I know one thing - CU over FSU!***

Aug 23, 2006, 1:49 PM

In Tally? I dunno about that.***

Aug 23, 2006, 1:50 PM

I know - Clemson will defeat FSU at Doak. That one is a 'W'***

Aug 23, 2006, 1:54 PM

If I was offered a job for the Tiger Tailgate Show

Aug 23, 2006, 4:10 PM

I think I would turn it down. I want to go the games, not downtown Greenville.

Re: If I was offered a job for the Tiger Tailgate Show

Aug 23, 2006, 9:20 PM

All the recent hyped years differed greatly from this year. This year's team has talent, depth, and experience unlike any team since 1990. BC has a lot to replace (solid win), Wake will not catch us coming off back to back OT losses this year plus no Randolph or Barclay (convincing win), FSU although very talented facing major losses on defense (home field gives 'em a chance but Tigers win), VT only 9 starters back from a team that depended almost entirely on Vick on offense (we win a defensive battle), GT is usually close and crazy but the talent level is widening (we win solid at home). I know everyone is being cautious, but this team is different. It is not smoke and mirrors. It is solid, talented, experienced, and deep. Much more than anyone in our division. We have got to avoid a letdown. It's that simple. By the way visit DAYSBESTBET.COM for a major handicapper's view on 2006.

WE WILL WIN THEM ALL (OR WE SHOULD)

Aug 23, 2006, 9:23 PM [ in reply to If I was offered a job for the Tiger Tailgate Show ]

All the recent hyped years differed greatly from this year. This year's team has talent, depth, and experience unlike any team since 1990. BC has a lot to replace (solid win), Wake will not catch us coming off back to back OT losses this year plus no Randolph or Barclay (convincing win), FSU although very talented facing major losses on defense (home field gives 'em a chance but Tigers win), VT only 9 starters back from a team that depended almost entirely on Vick on offense (we win a defensive battle), GT is usually close and crazy but the talent level is widening (we win solid at home). I know everyone is being cautious, but this team is different. It is not smoke and mirrors. It is solid, talented, experienced, and deep. Much more than anyone in our division. We have got to avoid a letdown. It's that simple. By the way visit DAYSBESTBET.COM for a major handicapper's view on 2006.

Everyone has their own

Aug 23, 2006, 9:20 PM

ideas about the season...We'd all love to see 14-0, but ### that is a lot of games without a loss..GO TIGERS!!

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

Look, let's be real

Aug 23, 2006, 10:53 PM

You know it's going to happen...

No way we win both - BC, FSU win one, lose one, maybe the loss is at last second throwing us off for the next loss

We will lose a shocker - WFU or UNC

We will lose an even match up - VT, GT

Throw in another based on inuries, chemistry or some other reason - UMD, NCSU, USC

That is a Clemson football season, 8-4. I hope I am wrong, but that is what happens.

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
- Steve Martin

I want FSU to beat Miami. Why you ask.................

Aug 24, 2006, 5:17 AM

well I'd rather play a possibly over confident FSU than a wounded one. I know I know we need FSU to lose, well I feel we're good enough to take care of business ourselves. Plus I just don't like Miami, FSU I can deal with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the thought of ...

Aug 24, 2006, 10:31 AM

Miami beating FSU and then playing them in the title game with a chance for a lil revenge for last year...then again Im vindictive like that...

I believe you truly believe 95% of what you write

Aug 25, 2006, 5:31 PM

Scott, but you seem err on the side of negativity and pessimism beyond your own true beliefs for some reason. Perhaps you are guarding yourself against a letdown, but I'd be willing to bet it's a way for you to stir the pot and garner much more attention than your average writing deserves. Please write again when you have something to say.
P.S. you didn't have to write "I have no idea", that was abudantly obvious.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic