Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you worried about Potter and Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

For those of you worried about Potter and Swinney

Oct 13, 2019, 11:48 AM

Calm down and stop trying to find something to worry about or complain about. Potter was dancing right behind Dabo in the Locker room celebration video. They are fine and they will be fine. He's just coaching him up just like he would do anyone at any position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you worried about Potter and Swinney

Oct 13, 2019, 12:02 PM

All people know is what they saw on TV. What people don't know is what, if anything, transpired to lead up to what was on TV. My guess is Potter was coached-up and didn't follow what he's been coached to do.

I believe that he wasn't paying attention to the game

Oct 13, 2019, 12:14 PM

and was not ready to go in. They had to rush him off of the bench, then he went out and missed. His head was not in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember Andy Teasdall?

Oct 13, 2019, 12:12 PM

Dabo chewed him against NC and then used him on a trick play against OK. Dabo is a real coach and will chew anybody that he feels like needs it. He also cares deeply about his players and has proven time and time again that it’s never personal. People need to stop being so soft and sensitive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If i had another male kid, i'm 78.6 now, I wouldn't let him play for that mean guy in 2036!

Oct 13, 2019, 3:10 PM

Haaa...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 5:50 PM

That’s 7.2 months, right?

I’ll say it for you.... “smart ###”.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:50 PM [ in reply to If i had another male kid, i'm 78.6 now, I wouldn't let him play for that mean guy in 2036! ]

That’s 7.2 months, right?

I’ll say it for you.... “smart ###”.

Re: Remember Andy Teasdall?

Oct 13, 2019, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Remember Andy Teasdall? ]

Shhhhh! Remember the Orange Bowl afterwards.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 5:45 PM

Excellent point about the dance!

This Potter thing (& other similar ones would be fine IF

Oct 13, 2019, 6:27 PM

It were applied across the board. But it's not.

And look - I know Dabo's great as well as human.

But when you scan across the entire spectrum of "Dabo butt-chewings" - Potter, Christian Wilkins, Teasdall and a number of others - ONE does not come to mind. The missing one(s) that never occurred with son Will.

I appreciate Will's work & contribution to the team - just like Potter's, Wilkins', Teasdall's & the rest. But Will (after a few atrocious screw-ups) has received nothing more than a fairly quiet "talking to" by Dad. NEVER a true George S. Patton harangue followed by a kick in the ####. Honestly, can you say that's applying the discipline fairly to all boneheaded foul-ups by every guilty player?

I know how hard it is to crack down on your kids & drop an anvil on 'em. But if Dabo wants the team to truly be ALL-IN - then when one of HIS kids pulls a Potter, Wilkins or Teasdall - he's got to feel the same "Tiger Teeth" in his backside too.

Like I said, Dabo's human & not going to be perfect - but if sons are allowed on the team - other players can't be reamed (which I find no fault with) - but a son or sons of coaches can't get a pass.

could be wrong, but mental mistakes, not athletic failure

Oct 13, 2019, 6:34 PM

Tend to draw the ire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plus, we will never need Will to win a game for us

Oct 13, 2019, 6:45 PM

other than holding the ball correctly

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: plus, we will never need Will to win a game for us

Oct 13, 2019, 8:58 PM

Perhaps not. But the same could be said yesterday for the missed f.goal vs FSU. It was not needed to secure the win - at least at that time. So, is that particular moment the right time to "have it out with Potter & correct the missed attempt?" Wouldn't it be better to call him in one day this week, show him video & go over every aspect of why kicking in games MIGHT be critical to winning?

They're kickers. Like golfers. Psychological quirks mess with their game. Even the "god of college kicking" - UGA's Blankenship - can have an errant kick - & be human. Now THAT one was costly.

Re: plus, we will never need Will to win a game for us

Oct 13, 2019, 11:46 PM

I’ve never seen Will Swinney ever fail to hustle or not give maximum effort. I am more than positive that if he did, he would be dressed down like all the rest. Will Swinney wasn’t given a scholarship by his daddy. He earned it after two years of hard work, and considering he is five foot nothing and probably not even a “1 star,” that’s pretty dang impressive in my book. I say lay off Will Swinney until he phones in a performance.

WS is not on scholarship***

Oct 14, 2019, 3:34 AM

Re: WS is not on scholarship***

Oct 14, 2019, 1:38 PM

Unless they revoked it, he was certainly given one last season.

Re: This Potter thing (& other similar ones would be fine IF

Oct 13, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to This Potter thing (& other similar ones would be fine IF ]

Lol. What has Will done to be chewed out publicly?

He fumbled a punt, but Dabo isn’t going to go postal on anyone for one screwup. Especially when that screwup isn’t a mental mistake. What else could you possibly be talking about? His dropped pass against Charlotte?

Re: This Potter thing (& other similar ones would be fine IF

Oct 14, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to This Potter thing (& other similar ones would be fine IF ]

Bad take.

People who watched what happened on Saturday assume that Dabo was mad at the missed kick.

Yelling at guys for physical errors is not what we typically see from Dabo, yet we assume because we saw the missed kick that Dabo was yelling about the physical error and not BT's approach or preparation or some other aspect of his game.

Teasdall shanked several punts, but his chewing was due to a terrible decision.

Derion Kendrick misses tackles and gives up catches, but his chewing against Charlotte was for a personal foul penalty.

Also let's not forget, it was Will BROWN and not Will Swinney who got a chance to return a punt on Saturday.

If I'm a player, you can yell at me all you want as long as I get the chance to go back out there. Dabo's son is usually the first to come in for that spot. I bet he would rather be screamed at than lose his chance to return a punt.

Oct 13, 2019, 6:35 PM

Dabo is preparing him and the rest of the team for success.

I believe BT will Rise From This

Oct 13, 2019, 6:43 PM

You either take it and raise your game or you take it to the dumps with you. From all I know of BT(Big Toe) he is a sharp kid. I think he knows where he messed up. I saw the kid nail a 49 yard FG on a very cold Friday night in Rock Hill. Part of the reason he was the top rated kicker in the country. He is not likely to make that mistake again.
Kickers aren't always asked to do all the things the rest of the team is asked to do. So, if your one thing is to stay engaged in the game; then stay engaged in the game! Have it in your mind that your team might not convert and will need you. Don't get caught up in conversations on the sidelines to the point you are not engaged in what's going on.
He will rise from this.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 7:44 PM

Maybe the next time Potter will fake a field goal and throe a 50 yard strike to XT on a wheel route.

I'm fine with the BT butt chewing however...

Oct 13, 2019, 9:40 PM

apply it across the board. Why haven’t we seen the punter get one. All I see is clapping and congratulations on the one out of ten that go beyond 40 yards, with crickets on the nine other 30 yarders. If Potter can be benched for Sawicki, surely Swanson can get a kick or two in some of these blowout games. I refuse to believe that he is the best punter we have on campus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm fine with the BT butt chewing however...

Oct 13, 2019, 11:39 PM

Yeah, CDS clearly dosnt care about field position and setting up the defense for success. Ok, so maybe I'm being snarky, but really, when was the last good punter we had? It's an important position, but let me ask you this. If YOU or your kid was a top Punter. Would you really want to come here? Or go to a school that is going to punt 6-9 times per game. We get who we can get when it comes to kickers. Is what it is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bradley Pinion was a beast at CU and is now in the NFL***

Oct 14, 2019, 1:45 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oct 14, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm fine with the BT butt chewing however... ]

Potter was a top 5 kicker in the country and Aiden Swanson (current true freshman) was a top 5 punter in the country.

I don't think we are having trouble bringing in either.

Both of those guys have HUGE legs and are trying to learn the concept of consistency and finesse when it comes to the college kicking game.

Oct 14, 2019, 2:23 AM [ in reply to I'm fine with the BT butt chewing however... ]

Recall last year Carson King punted one 48 yards for his only appearance of the season. Interesting that he didn't get another opportunity during other blowout games while many other reserves were getting on the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 14, 2019, 3:01 AM

Agree. Definitely giving Spiers incredible patience and forgiveness. He’s better this year but still not the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

currently he ranks 39th

Oct 14, 2019, 3:37 AM

which is a huge improvement over last year

Oct 14, 2019, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm fine with the BT butt chewing however... ]

It's almost like the coaches get to see these players perform 6 days per week and don't change the depth chart based off of one rep.

I'm glad Carson King got off a nice punt, but to say he deserved to be the starter based off of that one punt is naive.

Mellusi averaged over 50 yards per carry against Syracuse but he didn't become the starter at RB.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic