Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if i said that stay-at-home orders were the key
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,654

What if i said that stay-at-home orders were the key

Mar 29, 2020, 9:14 AM

to having a football season in 2020 ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if i said that stay-at-home orders were the key

Mar 29, 2020, 11:10 AM

Honestly i think covid19 has already been here a while. I think as rapidly as it spreads that slowing it down is all we can do for most. So its very possible we might see the season if distancing isnt as effective as hoped. I think distancing certainly helps hospitals slow the flow but it looks like this thing is out of control. I hope our treatment methods keep improving. You have to appreciate all the work doctors and nurses, etc... are putting in. Amazing people in a hard time.

I believe football & sports are far too high a priority...

Mar 29, 2020, 11:18 AM

in this world.

3 men flew half way round the world & died fighting fires in Australia. No one made them, they were volunteers - they put their lives on the line, each & every day.

Yes, the media mentioned it, but their sacrifice was quickly overshadowed by Kobe Bryant being taken from his family, far too soon, every life being precious.

I grieve for all loss, I grieved far more for the 2 children lost in that crash. The ridiculous celebration of Kobe's death over those 3 volunteers or those 2 children, disheartens me.

He put a round ball in a hole. Yay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe football & sports are far too high a priority...

Mar 29, 2020, 11:34 AM

It’s not that anyone thinks his life is more important, it’s that people know who he is. The death of someone you know is always going to have a larger impact on you than someone you’ve never heard of.

And? I'm fairly certain you're just reinforcing my point...

Mar 29, 2020, 11:52 AM

Sports are far too high on the list of priorities. He's nobody, certainly not in the realm of 3 Military Vets losing their lives in some far away land because they cared.

Nothing against Kobe, I can't imagine losing my spouse or father when they are all, but 41.

Tragic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I believe football & sports are far too high a priority... ]

I do not disagree with your point at all. And I am not going to die if there is no football this fall.

But think of how many tens of millions of people are entertained by football (& other sports) on TV. We should at least be actively exploring ways that we could provide that - safely.

I love football, sports of all kinds. Played thru college

Mar 29, 2020, 2:15 PM

until I tore my knee trying out for the Richmond Ravens. I rehabbed and carried on, hopefully in perpetuity or until a shark, 25 footer, 3 tons of him, takes me for my error in judgement.

I get it, I get the "need" or "want", but those millions you speak of are being afforded a precious opportunity to "get life".

Most will waste it.

Mar 29, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to I believe football & sports are far too high a priority... ]

I couldn’t agree more dsp. As much as I love Clemson football/sports, we put athletes on a pedestal that isn’t warranted. Is Kobe Bryant’s life any more valuable than yours or mine?

I had the pleasure of doing some work for CJ Spiller last week. Great & polite guy, but he’s just a man.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,654
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic