Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe This Is An Example ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Maybe This Is An Example ---

Jun 11, 2020, 8:56 PM

They did a documentary test/study some years back...I think it was on ABC or PBS or something. Anyway they used a white guy and a black guy to apply for the same 10 jobs that the producers picked out....that was actually hiring.

Both guys ended up getting interviews with a couple of companies that would actually interview briefly on the spot.

The results.....the white guy ended up getting 8 companies out of the 10 interested in offering him a position...compared to the black guys 2 offers out of the 10.

The catch is the 2 guys had basically the same exact qualifications listed on their resume's. They only switched around the time frame of job experience. For instance...white guy used to work at company A in 1990 for 3yrs and the black guy worked at company A in 1994 for 3yrs. They both set it up on the resume's like they went to the same schools and everything. Same hometowns...they wore the same identical clothes also. They even filled out the applications to look somwhat identical...omitting social security numbers....date of births...etc..

The only thing that may have set them a hair apart was the vibe the interviewer may have got from the 2 guys and other applicants that wasn't part of the test. ....though both guys interviewed normally decent.

8 to 2 out of 10 companies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link??

Jun 11, 2020, 9:08 PM

And, how is this football related?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The cat was outta the bag before that

Jun 11, 2020, 9:09 PM

https://youtu.be/l_LeJfn_qW0

Re: The cat was outta the bag before that

Jun 11, 2020, 9:50 PM

In related news, SNL also did a job interview with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor. I’m going to guess it wouldn’t fly so well today.

I believe I can explain this, as it relates to the situation you described.

Jun 11, 2020, 9:24 PM

In my opinion, all human beings are biased.
The issue here is, white people outnumber other races. That is why races other than white are...minorities.

Yes, it does unfortunately create challenges for minorities. But it boils down to the math more than anything else.

This is why I am not completely opposed to the idea of “white privilege”...but it is being thrown around way too much as a weapon against the white race.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe I can explain this, as it relates to the situation you described.

Jun 11, 2020, 9:28 PM

Well he said “they” did a study “some years” ago. He “thinks it was ABC or PBS or something”. That pretty much settles it, the whole dang country is racist.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe I can explain this, as it relates to the situation you described.

Jun 11, 2020, 10:15 PM

Were the 10 companies in blue states or cities run by Democrats?
All evidence indicates that could make a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Maybe This Is An Example ---

Jun 12, 2020, 10:30 AM

Works both ways...

Years ago, I worked at the Savannah River Site. I was a reactor operator. I am a white male. When I got the job, I was doing my initial job performance interview with my supervisor. He told me under the table what my prospects were for advancement:

If you were a black female, you could be promoted to a supervisor in one year.
If you were a black male, you could be promoted to a supervisor in two years.
If you were a white female you could be promoted to a supervisor in three years.
Being a white male, I would not be eligible to be promoted to a supervisor for four years.

It held true! During the next four years, our class of 34 operators had 3 black females promoted to supervisor in the first year, 5 black operators promoted the second year, 2 white females promoted the third year, and 8 white operators promoted the fourth year, including me! Zero operators were promoted before their time!

This is not a supposed poll or assumed study, this is actual proof of discrimination against white males. Or another way of looking at it, black privilege.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic