Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the

Oct 9, 2012, 11:49 AM

national picture...

It may benefit Clemson for SCU to come in here undefeated and ranked 1 or 2. If we have climbed back in the top 5-7 by that weekend... then beat them and win ACC the next weekend...

stranger things have happened...

and if you don't think they (SCU) are capable of winning out, you're nuts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

They are capable of winning out.. just don't see it

Oct 9, 2012, 11:52 AM

happening. They have almost layed an egg in both road games.. LSU is not Vandy of Kentucky.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU's stadium may not be Vandy or kentucky, but.......

Oct 9, 2012, 12:03 PM

their offense is

if USC can score 13-17 points they have the game in the bag

1,000 on it?***

Oct 9, 2012, 7:52 PM

SCAR has played football for 120 years

Oct 9, 2012, 12:36 PM [ in reply to They are capable of winning out.. just don't see it ]

How many times has SCAR pulled a SCAR?

Every season they ever fielded a team.
Even the years they only played ONE game, they haven't gone undefeated.
Even when they played the Augusta YMCA.

South Carolina Yearly Results

1892: 0-1-0

Coach:
No Coach
W/L Date PF Opponent PA Location Notes

L 12-24-1892 0 Furman (SC) 44 Charleston, SC

0 Season Totals 44

1893: No Team

1894: 0-2-0

Coach:
No Coach
W/L Date PF Opponent PA Location Notes

L 11-03-1894 0 Georgia 40 Columbia, SC

L 11-11-1894 4 Augusta YMCA (GA) 16 Columbia, SC

4 Season Totals 56

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/south_carolina/index.php

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the

Oct 9, 2012, 11:59 AM

"and if you don't think they (SCU) are capable of winning out, you're nuts"

York hold on tight you're getting way out on that limb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah... they're good... and can win every game on the

Oct 9, 2012, 12:02 PM

schedule, including against us.

Doesn't mean they will... but capable? Absolutely

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Same can be said for us.***

Oct 9, 2012, 12:36 PM

The difference is that we could lose to a team like Maryland

Oct 9, 2012, 1:08 PM

whereas Scar won't. With their defense, they can count on shutting bad teams out. We'll always have to worry about our offense having an "off" game and our defense folding to a lesser opponent. That said, our offense is #### good. Like you and the guy below said, we'll always have to a chance to win every game with our offense.

Yeah that is why they beat Vandy by 4 and was down 17-3

Oct 9, 2012, 7:54 PM

and shoulda been 24-3. Remember Auburn last year at HOME?

Re: Yeah that is why they beat Vandy by 4 and was down 17-3

Oct 10, 2012, 9:11 AM

You know there are 4 quarters in a game, right? Did u see the second half against UK?

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Re: nah... they're good... and can win every game on the

Oct 9, 2012, 12:37 PM [ in reply to nah... they're good... and can win every game on the ]

And we are capable of winning every game on our schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nah... they're good... and can win every game on the

Oct 9, 2012, 6:51 PM [ in reply to nah... they're good... and can win every game on the ]

schedule is brutal.... no way they win out... and they will have not faced an offense like ours all season...

I believe

Oct 9, 2012, 12:00 PM

Living on high hopes, i dont care what there rank is and how many they will or havn't lost by then. The simple fact it that they are in the Almighty SEC. A win against them, assuming we win out, would put us in the national scene regardless. Maybe not national championship, not this year, but a very hyped BCS bowl game and a top 5 ranking to go with it. Back to back ACC championships. Most of all finally beating the ole ######## and his fighting gaymecocks...... High hopes? Who cares!

You're right...but I would still rather them lose every game

Oct 9, 2012, 12:01 PM

from here on out...until the end of time.

We run the table and we should be in a BCS game and be in the national picture. Unfortunately no matter what we do I don't think we'll jump a 1 loss SEC team or a 1 loss Oregon/OSU...unless of course they pull a FSU.

It's going to be fun watching it all unfold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thumbed you up for your post

Oct 9, 2012, 12:24 PM

I was being hammered or called crazy for thinking it...

First of all, our toughest game is at home which is NCST. VT and Mayrland are also tough but they are at home. Clemson won every home game we suppose to win since last year (I did not check prior). Two easy road games on paper against DUKE and WAKE.. So your argument that we are top 5-7 is valid. Add to that a loss by FSU along the way (MIAMI or VT where it is Thursday night).

Now, the coots will be undefeated coming in tiger town. Game day @ death Valley and anything can happen. Can we beat the coots, I would not put a lot of money on it but everything is possib.e.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Don't sleep on Duke !! They can throw and I'm not sure

Oct 9, 2012, 3:54 PM

if we can stop a potent passing attack, especially on the road !! They are the trap game not Wake !!

Re: Don't sleep on Duke !! They can throw and I'm not sure

Oct 9, 2012, 6:25 PM

Trap games are for those teams that want to think their good and over look they are better than. IMO, I think our Tigers have a pretty ### good team. And they are focused and won't over look no one. That being said, I don't think there are any traps waiting for our guys... Goooo Tigerssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't sleep on Duke !! They can throw and I'm not sure

Oct 9, 2012, 7:36 PM

Sure hope you're right but I don't think this a typical Duke team !!

Oct 9, 2012, 12:33 PM

Look York, don't try P!ssing on our leg and tell us it's rainning. I don't care what the picture will look like, I pray the coots lose every game they have left. If I have to hope the coots win to make us look good. I'll take the ugly every time.

Agreed. I don't care if it's in our best interests

Oct 9, 2012, 12:37 PM

I cannot, will not, have not, and should not root for the coots to do anything but crash and burn.

agreed but

Oct 9, 2012, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the ]

most likely the coots are going to win out in the SEC. so York is suggesting it is a possibility and a good one that they will come in undefeated.. If you don't believe it, wait two weeks and talk again.

Do I like for the coots to go 0-12,heck yah. Is this going to mimick reality, heck no...

I think York and I are predicting game day @ Clemson.

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Oct 9, 2012, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the ]

Thanks for all those points guys but, that was from the heart. I do not understand one of ours wanting us to pull for our WORST enemy in a gamble. Yes a gamble. To hope, wish, or pull for them to stay undefeated to make us look good IF WE BEAT them is just plain stupid the way I see it. To pull for them to be undefeated and come into Clemson and beat us. Then they will play for the MNC. There is no way in h&ll or high water I'm I going to wish, hope, or pull for them to win anything that could bite us in the A$$. That is a long shot gamble for us to throw in our well wishes for them to have a chance to make us feel like pure sh!t on a gamble to make us look better. No F-ing way, not in this life time will I spend the rest of what little life I do have regretting I wished, hoped, or pulled for them to have a chance to made us look and feel like sh!t if they was to win, and dumb as H&ll to top it off. If they come into Clemson undefeated, it sure as h&ll won't be b/c I wished they would. H&LLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gooooo Tigersssss!!! And I do hope that the coots lose them all before coming into Clemson. If we win, I will be OK with what the sports world has to say about us. We are who we are, and we will be the best we can be on November 24th.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Even if they just have 1 loss, it will still be huge.....

Oct 9, 2012, 1:08 PM

I tend to think that SCAR will drop one of their games to either LSU or Florida, simply because road games are difficult and teams that are undefeated lose in October every year. I do think that they could get a split there, which is a really good accomplishment. I do think they will be 10-1 coming to Clemson, as their schedule is not as daunting as perhaps one would think, particularly after next weekend.
I also think that plenty of other teams ranked ahead of us will lose a game (or even two) by the end of November.
I also think that although our remaining schedule until then is not as difficult, that us winning out is always the hardest part. Defense needs to get better, need to avoid injuries, need to get Sammy cranked up in order to win out.
I also think that N.C. State is the one team on our schedule that could win their next few games and be ranked when they come to the Valley (their schedule sets that up). That game will have some sort of say in regards to the ACC championship game.
In order to be in the national championship picture, aside from us winning out (including what would be a significant victory over SCAR), FSU definitely has to lose one more. While winning the ACC championship certainly isn't viewed as a huge thing nationally, there is no national championship possibility if we are 11-1 and watching FSU in the ACC championship game. In fact, they will probably stay ranked ahead of us if we both win out....we really need them to drop one more in conference so we can control our own destiny in the ACC. But if we finish 11-1, perhaps with back to back victories over ranked teams and then win the ACC championship? We would certainly be in the conversation with other 1 loss teams. Throw in a late loss by Bama or Oregon and the door opens up.

These are good things to talk about during the BYE week, because come next Monday, we all need to FOCUS on VT.

Oct 9, 2012, 3:03 PM

I think USuCk wins in Baton Rouge this weekend, and that's b/c the LSU offense is pathetic. Pathetic offense against good defense = less than 10 points. I think they can put up more than 10 points on LSU.

I think they will have a much tougher time at the swamp, and I think the gators will get them there. That said, I think they pretty much win out until the Clemson game.

As for us.... we SHOULD win out, but you know how that goes. NCSU, Duke and Maryland are all games we could drop. I think we handle VT in the valley and Wake just stinks this year. Trust me, if we aren't focused, we could lose two games between now and the USuCk game. The defense HAS to improve, we can't keep allowing teams to move the ball all over us, then "figure it out" in the 4th quarter. At some point, the offense is going to have a bad day (turnovers or Boyd getting hurt) and the defense will have to play a great game to keep us in it.

We will have to play the best game of the year to beat USuCk.... that's just the way it is.

Go Tigers!

-ZA

Oct 9, 2012, 3:40 PM

SCAR will not win out. Road games are difficult and they have a few trap games as well. They will come to tigertown with several losses (2-3) and the Tigers should be 10-1. The bad part of that is the pressure would then be on our staff and players. I would rather be playing loose. We'll see.

Oct 9, 2012, 3:46 PM

I agree w/ your assessment as far as what will be best for us to climb as high as possible in the polls, but I just can't pull for USuCk under any circumstances or conditions. It's in direct conflict of how I was raised

if USC comes into Clemson 11-0 they leave 12-0

Oct 9, 2012, 7:25 PM

just sayin

Re: if USC comes into Clemson 11-0 they leave 12-0

Oct 9, 2012, 7:32 PM

Only homosexuals say "just sayin" at the end of their dumb statements. Not that there's anything wrong with you liking ####...as we know you all do.

And it's easy to just spout off stuff like a dumbshit on your opponenets message board.

You little cocksuckers have infested this board after arguably the biggest win in your program's history, as if we're supposed to be intimidated after you beat a mediocre Georgia team at home.

Bring it on to the Valley. And make sure you talk that chit while your here.

your best win is Auburn

Oct 9, 2012, 7:45 PM

just sayin

You mean the team you haven't beaten in how many years?

Oct 10, 2012, 9:07 AM

just sayin...

1933 NINETEEN THIRTY THREE 1-9-3-3***

Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM

if you cannot beat'em, insult'em

Oct 9, 2012, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: if USC comes into Clemson 11-0 they leave 12-0 ]

just sayin

Re: if you cannot beat'em, insult'em

Oct 9, 2012, 7:57 PM

Our best win is Auburn. So what?

You guys didn't beat anyone until this weekend...even then, I think Georgia proved to be pretty average...at least on the road.

And no, I'm insulting you because you're a dumbshit on a Tigers message board. Not because of your "team" affiliation.

And you can keep with the "just sayin" stuff...lmao...trust me, you're the one who looks like a phaggot.

You're the school that perfected this art

Oct 10, 2012, 9:07 AM [ in reply to if you cannot beat'em, insult'em ]

which is why you get no respect from any one in the country.

Like you did after 63-17 ?***

Oct 10, 2012, 10:01 AM [ in reply to if you cannot beat'em, insult'em ]

Capable? Yes, but you're also nuts if you think they win

Oct 9, 2012, 7:50 PM

in the Swamp and LSU at 8pm two straight. I'll bet anything on that and notice no one has taken that bet. All them coots talk crap, yet won't take the bets

Oct 9, 2012, 11:58 PM

coot

Oct 10, 2012, 9:52 AM

No offense intended, but I am quickly losing confidence in York Tiger. Sorry dude - but I'm starting to wonder about your logic. The Big 12 fiasco was one thing - over and done - but this SUC thing is borderline 'straight jacket' stuff. Good luck dude - try and pull yourself together. The season is still young.

Oct 10, 2012, 9:57 AM

What he said makes perfect sense.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Oct 10, 2012, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: If you're one that believes Clemson can climb back into the ]

O, and the season is halfway over.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic