Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I assume we've heard the last from the fire Batson crowd?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I assume we've heard the last from the fire Batson crowd?

Jan 2, 2013, 11:50 AM

I see this more on tigerillustrated but they have beat that drum for years and had specifically pointed at this game vs LSU as one that would show how far back we are in our s&c. If nothing else we won't have to listen to those knuckle heads any longer.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One could wish.

Jan 2, 2013, 11:52 AM

But then I was really disappointed to learn my parents were really Santa Claus. There went my chances for what I really wanted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Fitness - conditioning and nutrition -did you see pre-game

Jan 2, 2013, 12:02 PM

activities where it was obvious that Lsu players had much more body fat that fitter looking Tigers. It was no accident that lsu won the steak eating contest - what over 600 lbs eaten compared to 400 lbs by CU Tigers! I am proud of that loss! GO TIGERS AND THANK YOU BATSON AND NUTRITIONIST!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has the new Nutritionist met Spencer Region yet?

Jan 2, 2013, 1:09 PM

Was he entered in the Steak eating contest. I'm sure he did some damage!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I assume we've heard the last from the fire Batson crowd?

Jan 2, 2013, 1:51 PM

Clemson's superior conditioning to LSU or anyone else is a credit to Chad Morris and not Joey Batson. When I see Clemson's players consistently put on reasonable amounts of lean muscle mass and play with a greater explosiveness, I'll support Mr. Batson.

Jan 2, 2013, 1:55 PM

Sorry, but one win over LSU will not convince me that Batson is a great S&C coach. I congratulate the whole staff including him, but he has A LONG WAY to go before he proves himself as a quality S&C coach.

Agree with Creole as well. Chad Morris has done more to keep Boyd, our oline, and receivers in shape as anybody on the staff. I congratulate him on the win. It doesn't make up for the past 15 years.

Also...this topic would have never been brought up. Everyone was having a good day. Now we gotta roll onto this.

Jan 2, 2013, 2:45 PM

Just saying that many, many folks on here pointed to Monday night's game as being a clear marker of our strength AND conditioning vs that of a powerhouse program like LSU. What I saw, and maybe it was just me, was a LSU defense that ran out of gas. Their bodies were not prepared physically to play at the level that was required. You can choose to deflect credit away from Batson and onto whomever you like. I would not expect any less from someone now trying to explain away what was clear on TV.

Was LSU the stronger, more well conditioned team Monday night? Hell no. Not even close. Enough said.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 2:59 PM

Were we better conditioned? Yes absolutely.

Were we stronger? You watch the replays, focusing on our offensive line vs our defensive line and get back to me.

Jan 2, 2013, 3:22 PM

I've already done that. Our offensive line did not dominate by any stretch but they were playing against what many feel is one of the top 2 or 3 defensive lines in the country. If you expected to see our offensive line physically whip LSU's defensive line shame on you.

What I did see is that the longer the game went- advantage Clemson. The more plays LSU had to defend- advantage Clemson. In the fourth quarter when the game was in the balance that STRONG LSU def line was either on the sidelines already or cramping up on the field of play.

Ever watched any MMA? Those big, muscled up, obviously very strong guys don't do crap after about 3 minutes of the first round. Why? Because they are not well conditioned. All that muscle requires a tremendous amount of oxygen and they very quickly become anaerobes. Lactic acid builds up and then the other guys hand gets raised.

Being stronger wins the first quarter. Being well conditioned wins the other three.

Go Tigers!!

One would hope. That's the most idiotic argument of them all***

Jan 2, 2013, 1:57 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic