Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney updates status of Deon Cain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney updates status of Deon Cain

Jan 5, 2016, 12:40 PM

Swinney updates status of Deon Cain

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson’s walk-ons scored more points than Oklahoma’s team.

Jan 5, 2016, 12:41 PM

WOW.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom !!!!

Jan 5, 2016, 12:42 PM

Swinney said that the message is simple - Clemson’s walk-ons scored more points than Oklahoma’s team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Boom !!!!

Jan 5, 2016, 12:47 PM

I hope this message hits home with Deon. We really don't need him and can use his scholarship if he can't get it together.

Drop the mic***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Boom !!!! ]

Re: Drop the mic***

Jan 5, 2016, 1:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

6 points Renfrow; 13 points Huegel***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:45 PM

Re: 6 points Renfrow; 13 points Huegel***

Jan 5, 2016, 12:50 PM

Chicken playing dirty ,.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me

Jan 5, 2016, 1:02 PM

Of the negative comments before the season about Dabo's empathy for walk-ons and how he was wasting scholarships on these guys. Dabo knows what he's doing!

#7 took "Go C0cks" a little too literally.***

Jan 5, 2016, 1:03 PM

i hope deon decides to return and follow the rules

Jan 5, 2016, 1:05 PM

but i'm all in! i suggest deon call sammy for advice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Deon's timing couldn't had been worse

Jan 5, 2016, 3:32 PM

He may have made the worst mistake ever (sports wise)

Deon, we love having you at Clemson and we

Jan 5, 2016, 1:06 PM

do need you....but, we need you All In, All The Time! If you choose that path, it will lead to more success and happiness then you ever dreamed!! Come on back and dominate!!

^^^

Jan 5, 2016, 1:22 PM

Serving his heart!!! Nothing is more important than that.
I love the message...but we do need Deon or, at least, REALLY REALLY WANT him on the field.
He's a game changer.
If he gets his head on straight could rise to be another one of Clemson's great receivers.
COME ON, DEON!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

shhhh, Dabo said we don't need him.

Jan 5, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Deon, we love having you at Clemson and we ]

Don't coddle him and send mixed messages.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BAHAHAHA! FORGET IT!

Jan 5, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Deon, we love having you at Clemson and we ]

YOU GUYS DON'T LIKE LISTENING TO ME BUT DABO IS RIGHT! CLEMSON IS A NATIONAL POWER NOT THE TOP OF THE ELITE.....WANNA BE A PUNK AND MAKE DUMB DECISIONS WELL I JUST REPLACE YOU WITH ANOTHER 5 STAR RECRUIT... I LOVE DABO CAUSE HE IS NO NONSENSE NO BS< PUT OUT OR GET OUR DONT WANT ANY OF YOUR CRAP KINDA LEADER! HE'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T LET THESE LIL PUNKS RUN ALL OVER THE PROGRAM. I DON'T CARE IF DEON CAIN PLAYS FOR CLEMSON CAUSE I TRUST OUR STAFF AND KNOW THAT THE NEXT NUK OR SAMMY IS WAITING IN THE WINGS! I MEAN TOUGH LOSS WOULD HAVE NEVER TOUCHED THE FIELD WITH MIKE WILLIAMS ON IT! THINK ABOUT THAT GUYS THIS GUYS IS REALLY THE 3rd STRINGER!

Re: BAHAHAHA! FORGET IT!

Jan 5, 2016, 4:28 PM

I meant Clemson is now an national power and the national elite but my phone is sponsored by ESPN apparently and they have there ways to mess everything up!

Clemson will always need a talent like Deon, Sammy...

Jan 5, 2016, 5:55 PM [ in reply to BAHAHAHA! FORGET IT! ]

and all other talented players out there or we won't be elite or a national power if they are not in the fold. what we don't need are immature, selfish, self-destructive acts by talented players. please don't miss Dabo's point that every man is accountable, but every team needs the best members to be successful. renfrow didn't catch that pass from a walk-on or 2-star recruit, and huegel didn't kick those extra points and field goals because our offense is full of 2-star recruits who put him in position to make those kicks and block OU players from blocking those kicks. in our system, that means the best members are well-rounded, upstanding, and accountable... but they still must possess the talent to make a championship difference; or Dabo will be looking for another job regardless of how well-rounded, upstanding and accountable they are, his predecessor is evident of that fact...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First it sounds like he'll be in class, but can't be with

Jan 5, 2016, 1:11 PM

the team. I assume until they decide the requirements for rejoining the team and he fulfills them.

But then it sounds like he has a choice to come back. Does Dabo mean he has to decide whether to return to class and fulfill the requirements to rejoin the team down the road, as opposed to leaving school altogether? I has the confused.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I'm confused too. It kinda sounds like Deon has been MIA

Jan 5, 2016, 2:27 PM

since being kicked out in Miami. It's almost as if they haven't had any communication with him since then and they are just waiting to see if he shows up for class.

Life is about accountability and responsibility...

Jan 5, 2016, 3:44 PM

...Dabo doesn't have to kowtow to chasing after Cain wherever he is at, begging him to come back.

Cain is a big boy. Now is the time for him to figure that out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Well, I'm sure going to class is on Dabo's list of things

Jan 5, 2016, 7:06 PM [ in reply to First it sounds like he'll be in class, but can't be with ]

Cain has to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something wrong with that picture***

Jan 5, 2016, 1:32 PM

I'm glad Dabo's with me on this...

Jan 5, 2016, 1:46 PM

but don't tell Felix2. It might hurt his feelings.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18665342

FT

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm glad Dabo's with me on this...

Jan 5, 2016, 2:19 PM

Dang Flying Tiger, hold a grudge much? :)

You just won't let go. We just have an honest disagreement, doesn't mean we can't be friends.

And now that you mention it, we disagree again. I don't think Dabo is "with you" on this. He see's him everyday and sits down and talks to him and has a feel for what will motivate him. He actually know him. While you, on the other hand, merely criticize and humiliate DC on a public board.

This kid, and he is a kid, will spend the rest of his life knowing that his poor judgement cost him the chance to play in a National Championship. But somehow people like you think it's necessary to pile on "to help him see the error of his ways". Horse-pucky!

That's sort of like lecturing someone on gun safety who just blew their foot off with a shotgun. They get it already, they really do.

your friend forever,
Felix2 ;)

I don't have a horse in this show but did

Jan 5, 2016, 5:40 PM

the running back who kept messing up & finally got booted ever learn ? Even after he got down to 1-AA levels ?

Dang - getting old - can't remember his name.

I agree with a lot of your points but there is NO guarantee that DC "gets it" & is beating himself up about it.

You would THINK he does . . . but who knows.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I don't have a horse in this show but did

Jan 5, 2016, 7:26 PM

How could you forget him? I'll never forget good ol' Mike Whatzisname? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Re: I don't have a horse in this show but did

Jan 5, 2016, 7:29 PM [ in reply to I don't have a horse in this show but did ]

I think you're talking about Mike Bellamy. He made it as far as the Canadian league in spring 2014 and was released a couple months later. Still listed as a free agent.

Yeah - that's him. Thanks !!!***

Jan 5, 2016, 10:41 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I'm glad Dabo's with me on this...

Jan 5, 2016, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm glad Dabo's with me on this... ]

Why in the h3ll are some people still even talkin about him and they act like he is the only person in history that has ever made a mistake?! Yes he made a mistake he's human and a freshman that could have played in the orange bowl and national championship I'm sure he regrets what he did and I will continue to believe that unless he does something to prove me wrong! People are talking so much about DC and I haven't heard one word about Lakip or McCullough since last week, not that I think they should be thrown under the bus either, but at least they were older and had already been given second chances.

I assume if he decides to rejoin the team for 2016 he can...

Jan 5, 2016, 2:23 PM

...pick up his National Championship ring.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the way it sounds

Jan 5, 2016, 3:30 PM

his timing couldn't had been worse.

So it sounds like...

Jan 5, 2016, 3:29 PM

he won't play in the NC game.
I feel so bad for me, he made a bad choice. A Choice that
because of the timing, will change the rest of his life.

And may never get that back.

Re: So it sounds like...

Jan 5, 2016, 3:29 PM

bad for him...

(LOL)

ugh

Re: So it sounds like...

Jan 5, 2016, 6:52 PM [ in reply to So it sounds like... ]

He knew the consequences before he ever took a hit from their blunt, they are kids and thought they would get away with it. But that probably wasn't his first time. Now he will need to decide what's best for him and his future, smoke weed, or play FB at Clemson. I'm pretty sure he will choose FB at Clemson, and I hope that he will understand that Dabo won't give him another chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2014-Ben Boulware outscores OU. 2015-CU Walkons outscore OU***

Jan 5, 2016, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Christ those are some ugly uniforms***

Jan 5, 2016, 3:36 PM

Best Is The Standard

Re: FB Update: Swinney updates status of Deon Cain

Jan 5, 2016, 3:45 PM

Great to see Dabo sticking to his guns. Deon has a simple choice...does he want to be Mike Bellamy or does he want to be Sammy Watkins. At the college level I'd rather have someone who is "all in" than selfish. We have enough talent to make up for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2016, 5:24 PM

I'm with those who are confused. Dabo. When will the decision be made if he can return? This week? This year? Spring? Fall? There is an old saying: Not to decide is to decide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone think he's lying?

Jan 5, 2016, 5:45 PM

With Sammy, Ammon and Deon all being treated the same I think his message to the University, fans and past, present and future players is pretty solid.

Stay out of this SEC fans, you just can't understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Airing dirty laundry in public is inappropriate

Jan 5, 2016, 6:08 PM

Although everything that Dabo said may be true, chastising subordinates in public is unprofessional. Clemson beat OU without Deon Cain. Consequently, it goes without saying that we don't need him to win. To say that in a public forum is belittling and petty. Publicly, Dabo should simply say:

"Deon knows what he must do to earn his way back on the team. If he does what he's suppose to do, Deon will rejoin the team. If Deon doesn't do what he's suppose to do, he will not rejoin the team."

Dabo, you're better than that.

laughable - you are an idiot

Jan 5, 2016, 7:22 PM

TNET can call for the job of a Head Coach publicly

but the Head Coach can't "instruct" his players in public.

You liberal morons are killing this country....

Thank you epifunny

Jan 5, 2016, 10:35 PM

Your personal attack in-lieu of a substantive rebuttal provides more insight than you are probably aware.

Jan 5, 2016, 6:26 PM

Deon has a big life decision to make. He knows he is at a crossroad in life to do the right thing. I hope he comes back to Clemson for class tomorrow and makes the attempt to get things right. We all know he is a promising player, and it would be a waste if he did not at least make an attempt to get things straightened out. I think Dabo is being fair and level and wants him back on team. But before that happens, he(Deon) has to decide he wants to be here and is willing to work hard to rejoin the team. GO TIGERS!!!

Playing without Cain may cost us Natl Championship

Jan 5, 2016, 9:14 PM

I'm OK with that.

Re: Playing without Cain may cost us Natl Championship

Jan 5, 2016, 9:16 PM

did you really just say that

Fair question DE - Bammer is susceptible to the deep ball

Jan 5, 2016, 9:39 PM

Agree, could have been written less theatrically. But I do support Dabo to keep talented Tigers out of game even when their absence could take away the important skill sets that are needed to compete against Bama.

Peake and Artavis have been great on slants, screens and mid-range passes. But true frosh Cain has been by far our best deep threat with Mike Williams out for the season. How do we compensate when Bammer can stack the line with little respect for our deep ball ability? Do we pull in Trevion Thompson or G-Hop for more deep reps? I believe a Tiger win is linked to Watson's success through the air, much more so than Oklahoma who we completely outmanned.

I put Vegas pre-season futures bet on Clemson to win it all - but I'll give the money and euphoria up for team credibility. Hopefully, another player will step up. D-Wat needs some receiver support in this game for a Tiger win as QB runs will be harder to come by ... welcome your thoughts.

Re: Fair question DE - Bammer is susceptible to the deep ball

Jan 7, 2016, 6:08 PM

(Late response) You just threw down a paragraph of truth there....if he were to make the wrong decision, Mike said he would be back next year.

We lose to Bama some may blame Cain for a close loss

Jan 5, 2016, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Playing without Cain may cost us Natl Championship ]

He may have played his last game as a tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic