Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 100
| visibility 1

Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to

Nov 25, 2019, 8:47 PM

in our opening game just beat #3 Michigan State 71-66.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to

Nov 25, 2019, 8:48 PM

The torch is lit!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Nov 25, 2019, 8:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Nov 25, 2019, 8:53 PM

How is Vegas?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 9:06 PM

So now it’s a good loss ?

Nov 25, 2019, 9:19 PM

Since you are such good friends with Coach BB please give him a message for me.......tell him just get us to the Big Dance .....because 2 out of 10 years is not acceptable.......and he can thank Coach OP for one of them.......enough with the BS......we want results because 10 years is plenty long enough to get the job done.......period......Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 25, 2019, 9:49 PM

I agree, the recruiting landscape and lack of corruption therein hasn’t affected the sport of Collegiate basketball. CBB is just terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to ]

b2westfarm said:

Since you are such good friends with Coach BB please give him a message for me.......tell him just get us to the Big Dance .....because 2 out of 10 years is not acceptable.......and he can thank Coach OP for one of them.......enough with the BS......we want results because 10 years is plenty long enough to get the job done.......period......Go Tigers!!!!!

WADR you may want to switch and follow our soccer team as you seem clueless about our rich basketball tradition

Time to fire Izzo.***

Nov 25, 2019, 9:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea.

Nov 25, 2019, 9:58 PM

The close loss to Va Tech has branded this team a loser for a month now in spite of winning five straight.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get used to it I think

Nov 25, 2019, 10:10 PM

The ACCN is going to have a big say in scheduling, and with 2 games needing to be played prior to January, that opening night of conference play is going to become a fixture

Re: Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea. ]

We’ve beaten no one with a pulse. Tomorrow night can significantly change the trajectory of this season.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Re: trajectory of the season

Nov 26, 2019, 12:48 AM

You're implying that you'll be happy if we win tomorrow night.

If so, you're a liar.

You won't be happy so long as Brownell is still a Clemson employee.

Nov 26, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea. ]

TCU has a pulse.

Nov 26, 2019, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea. ]

The close loss to Va Tech has branded this team a loser for a month now in spite of winning five straight.

No, disgruntled fans have branded this team and the coach who brought them here a loser for a month now in spite of winning five straight.

Nov 26, 2019, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea. ]

No, disgruntled fans have branded this team and the coach who brought them here a loser for a month now in spite of winning five straight.

I loved it. Who wants to watch us play high school teams?

Nov 28, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Really hate starting out w/ a conference game. Bad idea. ]

And better yet - who wants to watch us lose to high school teams?

There is a preseason in college basketball. We’ve had plenty of time to get ready.

You sound like Trump denying climate change

Nov 25, 2019, 10:07 PM

just because it's snows doesn't mean the earth isn't getting warmer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Lowered...

Nov 25, 2019, 10:15 PM

...now it's Trump's fault. You may wanna try a new shtick.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: You sound like Trump denying climate change

Nov 26, 2019, 2:27 AM [ in reply to You sound like Trump denying climate change ]

The earth has been getting warmer for a long time. There used to be glaciers in Ohio.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a glorious loss. Congrats Brad***

Nov 25, 2019, 10:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a glorious loss. Congrats Brad***

Nov 25, 2019, 10:13 PM

It's never good to lose but in college basketball who you lose to matters. People on here were acting like it was a quad 4 L when we lost and it turns out it may end up being a quad 1 or 2 L. They could end up being horrible still but they are off to a great start.

I appreciate your loyalty, Judge, but I think what you

Nov 25, 2019, 10:15 PM

don't understand is that many Clemson basketball fans want to have a team that BEATS MSU, not a team that loses to a team that did.

HTH

I don’t think you understand the point of my post.***

Nov 25, 2019, 10:18 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I don’t think you understand the point of my post.***

Dec 4, 2019, 8:10 PM

How about that horrible Minnesota team we lost to as well ? Who will they beat . .they were under .500 during the easy part of the season . .the beginning.

Nov 25, 2019, 10:17 PM

Good to know - Judge ... Thanks!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Hopefully, that comeback win last night may give the team the confidence they need?

Nov 25, 2019, 10:26 PM

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully, that comeback win last night may give the team the confidence they need?

Nov 25, 2019, 10:26 PM

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s amazing how quickly a good coach can improve a team, to

Nov 25, 2019, 10:54 PM

Bad Clemson has been stuck with a mediocre coach for over a decade.

Re: It’s amazing how quickly a good coach can improve a team, to

Nov 25, 2019, 11:17 PM

rhettm said:

Bad Clemson has been stuck with a mediocre coach for over a decade.

Yet still more successful than our historical average. You seem incapable of understanding our b-ball roots

Re: It’s amazing how quickly a good coach can improve a team, to

Nov 25, 2019, 11:43 PM

It is intellectually dishonest to compare the conference records of an expanded conference with an expanded schedule to previous era. So are you ignorant or dishonest?

Nov 25, 2019, 10:57 PM

Good to know MSU also overlooked a well coached but significantly out-talented VT team. Care to wager on VTs final ACC record?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:09 PM

I'll be the first to say VT ends up with an ACC record of 20-0 while Clemson finishes right behind them at 18-2. This guestimate was formulated using the much maligned yet complex mathematical theorem known as coot logic.

Nov 26, 2019, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to ]

viztiz® said:

Good to know MSU also overlooked a well coached but significantly out-talented VT team. Care to wager on VTs final ACC record?

I've seen enough and other ACC teams to know it will be not near the bottom. I think good teams with good coaches will figure them out to a degree, but Nolley and Beade are top tier ACC players, and they other good players that can shoot. I think they will win at least 8 to 10 ACC game. They are good.
This loss did us some good and we will be better and it's showing now...

Nov 26, 2019, 1:16 AM

Transitive property ALWAYS works with sports

Nov 26, 2019, 4:04 AM

Nothing personal but that sounds like something a USCjr fan would say about their football team.

Nov 26, 2019, 7:05 AM

dabrian® said:

Nothing personal but that sounds like something a USCjr fan would say about their football team.

ICYMI our b-ball history and coot football history are similar. We can cycle through coaches as we always have and get the same results or get behind CBB while he builds the program we have NEVER had

Nov 26, 2019, 7:32 AM

How does a team like Virginia Tech with a first year coach go out and get 6 heavily contributing freshmen that are as good or better then our entire roster? I can see how Duke or UNC might do such a thing, but VT is not at their level!

Nov 26, 2019, 8:43 AM

CUAg98 said:

How does a team like Virginia Tech with a first year coach go out and get 6 heavily contributing freshmen that are as good or better then our entire roster? I can see how Duke or UNC might do such a thing, but VT is not at their level!

They are not all freshmen. Actually the only highly recruited 4 star freshmen was Cone the little guard is their 6th man. Cattoor was a 2 star recruit that followed Young from Wofford. He is the type of player Young turned to good gunners at Wofford.
The rest of the VT roster is made up of mainly holdovers and lower tier transfers. Nolley was high 4 star top 50 player from GA who had to sit out last year for Buzz because of his HS transcript. If he was there last year, VT could have went to the Final Four. Bede the good point guard got his feet wet as a freshmen last year and played a lot. He was a former 4 star recruit from MA. The other two hold overs Wilkins and Horne were role players off the bench last year and now are getting minutes as decent shooters that Young likes. Here is their roster if you don't believe me:

https://hokiesports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

My first thought was

Nov 26, 2019, 8:04 AM

that we missed an opportunity with Mike Young.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: My first thought was

Nov 26, 2019, 8:45 AM

that we missed an opportunity with Mike Young.

I'm not so sure it would have been a guarantee hire. A lot of people said VT was the only big job Young would have taken. He is from that area in VA.

I don't think I understand the point of your post

Nov 26, 2019, 8:32 AM

We lost to VT. Am I supposed to be happy about that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I understand the point....

Nov 26, 2019, 8:45 AM

The point is he's trying to antagonize Clemson fans, then play the victim when they turn against him by spinning their argument into them somehow being anti-Clemson basketball or anti-Clemson coach/players.

It's predictable and basic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

jk be like

Nov 26, 2019, 8:54 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

MSU also lost to Kentucky, who lost to Evansville, who has

Nov 26, 2019, 8:39 AM

losses to SMU(5-0), East Carolina(2-5), and George Washington(3-4).

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

TDd...

Nov 26, 2019, 8:56 AM

for gaslighting.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That's not how we do it at my house.

Nov 26, 2019, 9:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 26, 2019, 9:08 AM

I commented earlier this year that critics of Coach Brownell were just as happy as any other Clemson fan about a successful summer and a week where we got commits from Prosper and Hall. I am beginning to believe that I should have qualified that statement.

This critic of Coach Brownell was happy then, and is happy now with the apparent trajectory of the program.

Well, that “horrible” Virginia Tech team we lost to lost by

Nov 28, 2019, 9:50 AM

27 to Dayton and 13 to BYU in back to back games....

I figured it was about time for you to chime in.

Nov 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

You only tend show up when you have something negative to say.

I didn’t see you post much during our five game winning streak.

Re: I figured it was about time for you to chime in.

Nov 28, 2019, 11:15 AM

You only tend show up when you have something negative to say.

I didn’t see you post much during our five game winning streak.

Judge, how come you never post around the time of a game home, or away?

Oh, how was Vegas?

whats wrong with what I said? Do you not like facts?***

Nov 28, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I figured it was about time for you to chime in. ]

What was negative or disparaging about that post? ***

Nov 29, 2019, 6:04 AM [ in reply to I figured it was about time for you to chime in. ]

#1: Check

Nov 29, 2019, 6:35 AM [ in reply to I figured it was about time for you to chime in. ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/The-problem-with-JK-is-he-doesnt-state-facts-26316872

“The problem with JK is he doesn't state facts...

he states opinions, which he presents as facts. And if you present actual facts to him, or a differing opinion, he:

1) Accuses you of not supporting/being happy for the team/coach.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Its-too-bad-you-cant-find-any-positives-from-our-win-26312460
2) Accuses you of belittling the opponent.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Cute-history-lesson-26312538
3) Makes a completely false allegation(s).
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Youre-giving-TDs-now-I-see***-26192323
4) Insults portions of the fan base.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Yee-haw-26160219
5) Makes up more stuff to support his position.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/So-you-honestly-think-people-see-orange-overalls-and-26162618
6) Brings your mom into it.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Youre-confused-Im-not-the-one-whining-26313101

I support Clemson athletics, and hope every coach/team we have does well. But to make up things in an attempt to prove you were right undermines your position and turns people away who may otherwise be on your side.

If you truly want to celebrate a win, simply post "Nice win tonight, proud of our coach and team."
If you want to antagonize, you use words like "lurkers" and "naysayers". You insult the intelligence of posters on the boards. You insult fans.

So for the record, this isn't a pro CBB vs anti CBB issue. This is a JK credibility issue.”

Re: for the record

Nov 29, 2019, 9:41 AM

So for the record...

I'm looking forward to the day when Francis Marion, Viztiz and Anony 08 post anything positive and supportive of Coach Brownell AND our MBB Tigers.

Facts and/or opinions would be acceptable, the least qualified the better, but even highly qualified statements of actual support would meet my criteria. But not just a general "I support all our coaches/teams." See, sometimes you guys--and I know you can't speak for Viztiz--suggest or imply that you think if our current team tanks, then DR will have to fire BB, and whoever replaces him can't help but do better. Tadah! Even though you want what's best for the Tigers a decade from now, you'd rather see them in the ACC cellar this year. And next year, too, if Radokovich is hard-headed and that's what it takes to get rid of Brownell. That would be asinine. For all your intelligence, you'd be stupid to think that way. And you would lose almost all support on this board if you came out with that statement.

But you are "fans" according to your own definition, not mine, so please don't feel manipulated or 'called out' or like you need to do this against your will or to please others or to prove anything to anyone.

We all know you love your winning Tiger football team. Some of us haven't been on the board long enough to know how you felt about the Tigers when our football program was no better than our MBB currently is, and the "supportive" opinions and facts you expressed that helped Dabo--was it Dabo then?--get us to the next levels.

So, I look forward to hearing you be genuinely supportive of Coach B and his team when you feel up to it. Not because I asked for it, but because...well, whatever motivates you.

Just for the record.

I’ve never been critical of Coach Brownell...

Nov 29, 2019, 9:52 AM

and I’ve never advocated firing him, feel free to look back for yourself. You, which is exactly what JK intends, are confusing my criticisms of JK for criticisms of CBB.

I’ve been very clear what my issue is, and it’s not Clemson basketball.

Re: I’ve never been critical of Coach Brownell...

Nov 29, 2019, 12:04 PM

L.

Since you put it that way, yeah, you're pretty clear about disliking our friend.

Who clearly dislikes the Brownell-bashers.

Who clearly dislike Brownell.

Who is our best hope for Clemson basketball for the next decade plus.

You guys together are like the cartoon of the dog chasing the cat chasing the dog chasing the cat chasing the dog...

Sometimes i feel like kicking all of you, and if i miss but get 'the other one', oh well.

I don’t dislike JK...

Nov 29, 2019, 2:34 PM

But I do dislike it when he, or anyone else, makes up “facts” to try and convince me to see something his way, regardless of the issue. I also happen to find it unattractive when he insults a portion of the fan base because they don’t have the same opinion as him on traditions. It’s arrogant and beneath him. Finally, his playing the victim, and making “I told you so” posts, is getting stale. It’s basic.

I see that you’re taking a page out of his playbook, though. Spinning my clear stance on the subject into something it’s not. Predictable.

I also see you didn’t link any post I’ve ever made criticizing, or calling for the firing of CBB, yet that’s what you accused me of. Another play out of the JK playbook. Lame.

Re: I don’t dislike JK...

Nov 29, 2019, 8:20 PM

I guess you're in a pi:;y mood.

I thought my tone was somewhat conciliatory, but evidently you couldn't tell.

So here you go: evidently I was wrong to assume that you were hunting for Brownell's head, just because you are a predictable stalker for one of his most verbal defenders. No, I'm not going to link any of your responses to her in order to prove my statement.

I thought all bulletin boards were intended to be both informative and persuasive. If so, what is JK guilty of that other posters aren't? Other than being just as supportive of Brownell as Dan Radokovich is?

Are you really carrying a grudge over orange overalls? Or does it go farther back? Do you have the same ex- or something?

I don't have time to research your history of posts about Brownell. I'll take your word for not seeking a Brownell's firing, since persons as pi:;y as you usually tell the truth and dare the world to deal with it.

But I don't believe I'm spinning your stance. Since you stand with Brownell's biggest critics, I'm free to perceive that you agree with them. You certainly haven't distanced yourself from them. So I'm going to continue to believe what my eyes tell me, and I'm going to keep kicking the stupid dog-chasing-cat-chasing-dog when it comes by. If I get the wrong one, oh well.

I still work for a living, so I don't have time to become an internet debater with incredible search-and-link skills that you have obviously developed by spending a lot of time arguing online. This is the one and only time I will ever apologize to you for any reason. Use your internet skills and bookmark it:

I APOLOGIZE FOR ASSUMING YOU WANTED BROWNELL FIRED. AND I APOLOGIZE FOR WANDERING INTO THE IDIOT ZONE.

Next time I wander in, I'll kick with both feet.

FM has only one mood.

Nov 29, 2019, 8:34 PM

And it's Pissy.

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How about

Dec 2, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I don’t dislike JK... ]

don't wander in at all?

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: for the record

Nov 29, 2019, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: for the record ]

So I’m supposed to post a rebuttal to your prediction of my future motives? You can’t quote a single post in the past or present tense of me wanting Brownell to fail. If your diction weren’t so much poorer I’d assume you were another JK scock since you primarily engage in gaslighting, with a heathy mix of straw man arguments and deflections. A potent millenial debate package. You decided to slide into this debate with no real facts, just a blind defense of JK - who every post you mentioned me in has originally been directed at / in response to. Arguing against slavish, false praise for a coach is not the same as arguing against the coach. Sorry that distinction is too difficult for you.

This needed it's own post***

Dec 2, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to #1: Check ]

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

middling programs yield middling results

Nov 28, 2019, 2:59 PM

so....there’s that.

i prefer to challenge teams - not be a guaranteed w. one should never “settle” - but that’s a learned trait.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

current RPI of teams you have tried to convince

Nov 28, 2019, 3:52 PM

us are great:

VT - 86
TCU - 88
Clemson - 100
Colgate - 131

Please tell us more about what a college basketball guru you are. Coaches might start paying you to keep their name out of your mouth.

Re: current RPI of teams you have tried to convince

Nov 29, 2019, 1:17 AM

Too early for this to b right. Totally worthless.

Re: current RPI of teams you have tried to convince

Dec 2, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to current RPI of teams you have tried to convince ]

Using RPI (an already-flawed stat, as is) as a measure of a team, 7 games into the season, is even more of a "guru" move.

I never claimed that any of those teams are great.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to current RPI of teams you have tried to convince ]

The fact that I am able to focus on the positives as well as the negative, rather than just continuing to whine and complain about our program and everyone we play, is your problem to sort out.

For the record:

1. Prior to our game against Colgate, I stated that some consider them to be one of the best mid-major teams in the country. When challenged, I posted two different rankings to substantiate that. I never argued that they are a great team. I did feel that they were capable of beating some high major teams this year, including us, due to the fact that they returned four starters, including last year's conference POY and conference ROY. I felt that their outside shooting would make them competitive. I still think they will have some nice wins before this season is over.

2. Virginia Tech was a bad loss. I stated it at the time, and have said it several times since. However, that loss was not nearly as bad as some here claimed. VT has played some good basketball this year. I never stated that they are great.

3. TCU was undefeated heading into our game, and had a lot more returning experience than we did. I am a fan of their coach, Jamie Dixon, based on his success at Pitt. I think he's done well at TCU in his three years there. I never claimed that they are great, but I did state that our win over them is a good win. I still stand by that.

4. I've never claimed that our team this year is great. I think we are capable of being a good team, but we are very young and lost a lot of production from last year. We are very much a work in progress. I stated that being on the NCAA bubble and hopefully sneaking into the NCAA Tournament this year would be a very good season, given the circumstances. I feel that the NIT is a very likely possibility this year, but I remain hopeful because I see the potential in our team.

Also, I've never claimed to be a college basketball guru. But I am a fan, and I do feel that I'm able to be objective about our team and our opponents. I can't say the same for you.

As I've stated before, I don't recall you saying anything positive about our team or any team we've played this season. I dare you to prove me wrong.

P.S. Using RPI this early in the season to justify your negativity is a loser move.

#5: Check

Dec 2, 2019, 11:06 AM

"5) Makes up more stuff to support his position."

In your original post, you said, and I quote, "They are considered by some to be the best mid-major team in the country this year."

When questioned, you provided links to them being ranked #11 and #17. Not once did you provide evidence to substantiate your claim that someone ranked them #1.

What you just said is absolutely not true. You changed your quote by adding "one of". Why would you continue to sabotage your own argument?

Obviously, you don't understand the point of his poast.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:17 AM

I haven't made anything up.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to #5: Check ]

Why are you so obsessed with me? It's scary.

Re: I haven't made anything up.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:31 AM

"I stated that some consider them to be one of the best mid-major teams in the country."

You did not say that. You just made that up.

jk talking about obsession as he revives a 3 day "old",

Dec 2, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I haven't made anything up. ]

buried thread in an attempt to make others think he's "right".

Interesting tendencies....

I just saw that post, hence my response today.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:39 AM

By the way, I spend far less effort trying to convince people that I'm right, than you and your pals here do trying to convince people that I'm wrong.

LOL. Spinning to be the victim, another interesting tendency***

Dec 2, 2019, 11:43 AM

One way to get people to stop pointing out you're wrong...

Dec 2, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to I just saw that post, hence my response today. ]

is to stop being wrong.

Thanks for the tip.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:45 AM

Be prepared for him to spin this into you being...

Dec 2, 2019, 11:40 AM [ in reply to jk talking about obsession as he revives a 3 day "old", ]

anti CBB and anti Clemson basketball.

Re: Be prepared for him to spin this into you being...

Dec 2, 2019, 3:08 PM

No, that's my line.

You know, when Brownell critics browbeat supportive Clemson fans into agreeing that Brownell should be fired, like they did last spring.

But we've already established that wasn't you.

If we established that wasn't me, then...

Dec 2, 2019, 3:21 PM

1) I'm proud of you for finally doing some research.
2) Why are you having this discussion with me?

Re: If we established that wasn't me, then...

Dec 2, 2019, 10:18 PM

Public board.

Why are you having this discussion with me?

So that’s where we are?

Dec 3, 2019, 7:24 AM

It’s a “public board.” is your response to a valid question?

Re: So that’s where we are?

Dec 3, 2019, 1:31 PM

Were you wanting a civil conversation? I didn't get that impression.

You sound suspiciously like a judge keller scok.

Dec 3, 2019, 2:19 PM

Tell us Rw43 ,are you a Judge Keller® scok?

Re: You sound suspiciously like a judge keller scok.

Dec 3, 2019, 3:19 PM

Probably not, but since my Google doesn't define that expression, i can't really say.

I don't usually waste time arguing with people online--either we have something worth talking about, or we don't--but other than her preference of ending the tradition of orange overalls, i have never understood the degree of animosity on here toward JK. Many basketball fans are just as loyal toward BB as she is, but she has become a lightning rod to the "Brad must go now!" camp--and a few others.

So if whatever your term refers to means that i don't like to see another fan stalked and bullied by people who themselves take a dive and proclaim some pop-psychology victim status, i might be. Won't know without a definition.

jk is a she? interesting....

Dec 3, 2019, 3:30 PM

Also, if you can't figure out why jk is a lightning rod, then you're oblivious.

Re: jk is a she? interesting....

Dec 3, 2019, 5:34 PM

One man's "oblivious" is another's "don't care."

So she dishes back. Are you telling me that if you lived in Palestine you wouldn't take sides between PLO-Israel? Or the same between Irish Republican Army-UK in Ulster?

None of JK's critics were ever friendly enough T-netters that i wanted to back them up. So they dislike me. Big deal. And since we're largely an anonymous community, it doesn't really bother me. You could be my next door neighbor--doubtful, since I'm in GA--and dislike my opinions, and we'd never know it. No blood, no foul.

Since it's just opinions, and the occasional 'term of endearment' that i don't choose to recognize, i still have my business, my wife, my kids, my Tigers,...life is still good.

Now LightBulbBill: that's a T-netter everyone should get to know.

Re: jk is a she? interesting....

Dec 3, 2019, 5:53 PM

No, I'm not a she.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to jk is a she? interesting.... ]

Sorry to disappoint.

I'll hit Rw43 with an RA for that personal attack...

Dec 5, 2019, 11:54 AM

I got your back, Judge

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

So, did you ever hear back from the

Dec 5, 2019, 12:08 PM

manager?

Nice try lady, your secret has already been told***

Dec 5, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to No, I'm not a she. ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Doesn't disappoint, if you were a she, you'd definitely be a

Dec 5, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to No, I'm not a she. ]

"Karen"

Re: You sound suspiciously like a judge keller scok.

Dec 3, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: You sound suspiciously like a judge keller scok. ]

It’s a term of endearment. I know this because they like me a bunch.

Re: I never claimed that any of those teams are great.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:41 PM [ in reply to I never claimed that any of those teams are great. ]

For at least the 8th of 10 seasons we enter December well outside the NCAA bubble. If things go to ###### we’ll pick up a couple of back to back ACC wins including a decent upset and a significant number of posters will begin grossly exaggerating our chances of making the tourney, when in actuality we’ll probably fall short of even the NIT which happens more often than not. You call using the RPi a loser move but it is demonstrative of where we are and where we are almost every single season at this point. NET rankings aren’t published by the NCAA yet and are buried under individual team statistics on Warren Nolan. RPI is fluid but becomes more entrenched with each game and is still a decent indicator of making the tournament. That it is too early to be at all meaningful is ridiculous - we’re almost 1/4 of the way done with the season.

You're wrong.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:53 AM

You said: "...when in actuality we’ll probably fall short of even the NIT which happens more often than not."

We fall short of the NIT more often than not?!? Which Clemson basketball team under Brownell have you been watching?

2011 NCAA Tournament
2012 -
2013 -
2014 NIT
2015 -
2016 -
2017 NIT
2018 NCAA Tournament
2019 NIT

We have only fallen short of the NIT four times in Brad's 9 full seasons at Clemson. Five of those seasons we have made the NIT or NCAA Tournament. Moreover, we've played in the NCAA Tournament or NIT each of the last three seasons.

Once again, you blow the negatives out of proportion while never ever focusing on any positives. What a miserable way to live!

Clemson basketball is a depressing malaise and the

Dec 3, 2019, 6:36 PM

prospect of Brownell being around for another decade as this program's best hope is not in any way inspiring. I was optimistic and defended CBB for years, especially the OP nonsense, up until a point where it became obvious, to me, that he lacks a level of coaching that's able to drive the tempo and focus of a team, and that's critical to getting the most out of your squad and winning games.

We've had a lot of talented kids out there these past years - both recruits and transfers. I kinda feel bad for a lot of them. "Clemson GRIT" should be renamed "Gabe DeVoe." He had "it", and happy that after that amazing outing as a freshman against NC State, and languishing for 3 years after, that he broke out and took control of not only his own game but the team's fortunes his senior season and tourney run.

Whatever. Brownell and the double-downers have kind of taken some of the mojo out of Clemson basketball, from a fan standpoint. I pull for him, of course, and the team, much more. But if we have an opportunity to change direction with leadership - I'm all for it.

Go Tigers. Beat the Hokies next time. Yay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this thread still a thing?

Dec 4, 2019, 9:31 AM

Re: Is this thread still a thing?

Dec 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

When....

threads.....

just...

won't....

die.....

I think classof94 is just trying to keep it fresh so jk

Dec 4, 2019, 3:26 PM

doesn't have to dig through the archives, per the usual.

People helping people.

Dec 4, 2019, 3:27 PM

It's what Tnet is all about.

Replies: 100
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic