Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not one person answered my serious question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Not one person answered my serious question

Sep 22, 2020, 11:47 AM

below. What has Trump done to hold on to his 90% support from uneducated white rednecks?

Everyone keeps changing the subject to Biden and blacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I answered.

Sep 22, 2020, 11:49 AM

It's not my fault your reading comprehension sucks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not one person answered my serious question

Sep 22, 2020, 11:49 AM

It's because the Cruelty is the Point.

"Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright. The president’s ability to execute that cruelty through word and deed makes them euphoric. It makes them feel good, it makes them feel proud, it makes them feel happy, it makes them feel united. And as long as he makes them feel that way, they will let him get away with anything, no matter what it costs them."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/

Nailed it.***

Sep 22, 2020, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe this is applicable to a significant portion of his

Sep 22, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Not one person answered my serious question ]

base. Certainly not any of the high-minded advanced thinkers in here. But amongst the unwashed masses? Sure. It's racism, without having to explicitly call it racism. There's a reason white supremacy groups are allied with Trump, whether he wants them to be or not. He certainly doesn't discourage it, because he wants their votes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To sum it up, their support can be boiled down to one thing

Sep 22, 2020, 12:02 PM

"he hates the same people I hate"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

So, what do you think about Kamala Harris meeting with a

Sep 22, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I believe this is applicable to a significant portion of his ]

Louis Farrakhan disciple?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have any thoughts on it since this is the first I've

Sep 22, 2020, 1:14 PM

heard of it. Got a link?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jacob Blake's father is a Louis Farrakhan disciple

Sep 22, 2020, 1:29 PM

Ha, I guess I had forgotten Biden met with him too

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/3/biden-visit-jacob-blake-scrutiny-anti-semitic-post/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so she wasn't meeting with him BECAUSE he is a

Sep 22, 2020, 1:51 PM

Farrakhan disciple. That was just incidental. Hopefully, he didn't radically Muslimize her.

"Just incidental" LOL

Sep 22, 2020, 2:04 PM

But it's not "just incidental" when white supremacists (who nobody can really find) say they support Trump? The double standard has just become....wow. Not even sure what to say anymore.

This conversation's a real rollercoaster.***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like a gymnasium with some of the mental gymnastic

Sep 22, 2020, 2:30 PM

on display here.

Give me my point for the dad joke.

But seriously, please stop pretending you GAF about racism if you're just going to shrug off a Presidential/Vice Presidential candidate meeting with somebody like that. Not only that, but his son is an accused rapist, but it looks like we've already dropped the #metoo schtick.

If you meet with ANYBODY for a specific reason, then

Sep 22, 2020, 2:34 PM

you have immediately adopted all of that person's beliefs and opinions, as well as religious and political fervor. Is that what happened here?

No, just pandering to the racist Democrat vote***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:48 PM

This one really isn't that hard. Let me walk you through

Sep 22, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to "Just incidental" LOL ]

the steps:

1) Why did Kamala Harris meet with Jacob Blake's father? Was it because he is a Farrakhan disciple? Or was it because of what happened to his son?

2) Has she met with any other Farrakhan disciples, or Farrakhan himself? I imagine Farrakhan would take that meeting. Has she displayed any tendencies or favoritism towards Nation of Islam in any other instances?

3) Police and government officials met with Jacob Blake's father. Do you realize what this means?

I'm not even trying to sound condescending, but this is a weird ass leap you're making here.

As far as white supremacy groups, it's a bit strange that you keep denying their existence because you don't see them on street corners (usually). There's a small but vocal percentage of them, and evidence of much larger non-vocal support (I'm not arguing that casual support makes one a "white supremacist", but it ain't good, either). And they're not all Nazi skinheads, either--I'd imagine the browser history of most Confederate flag wavers would be pretty revealing. Here's a good, balanced article from Voice of America, which appears to be a pretty even-keeled and factual source per Media Bias Fact Check, about how white supremacist groups have splintered some in 2020, as there is some disappointment in Trump not completing the wall or deporting Muslims as he promised.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/us-politics/once-ardent-trump-supporters-white-nationalists-splinter-ahead-presidential-vote

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/voice-of-america/

When you delve into the first point, it makes it look even

Sep 22, 2020, 2:46 PM

worse. Dude was an accused rapist who got shot on a domestic disturbance call. Wow, what a hero. Definitely worthy of a meeting with Presidential candidates. Plenty of other victims of police violence to choose, but whatever.

2) Is this the standard now? I guess we'll have to drop the "Trump is a racist because white supremacists apparently like him" narrative. I'm sure even you can imagine your reaction if Trump met with someone's dad who had posted a litany of white supremacist messages on social media.

3) I do, it means government/law enforcement is kneeling to the lowest common denominator. That's not good for us suburban, law abiding citizens. It means we get hung out to dry.

I think it's particularly ridiculous to keep pointing at these small, inconsequential white supremacist groups when we literally have thousands of people, in cities across the country, who are decidedly NOT white supremacists burning, looting, rioting, and terrorizing their communities. I mean, OK, white supremacist nazis are bad, but can we focus on the people actually causing the problems?

Holyfuckingshit.

Sep 22, 2020, 2:57 PM

Jacob Blake was a POS. There are lots of Ps OS out there. Tons of them. Cops still do not have the right to shoot P's OS simply because they're Ps OS. That is entirely what that case was about. You're being intentionally obtuse, which is extra ironic given your lifelong disdain for LEO. Blake's father could have been a Jehovah's Witness, or a Satanist, or worse, an atheist, and I imagine Kamala would have still met with him. His religion doesn't have a goddamned thing to do with cops shooting somebody. Nothing. You're trying to connect something that just doesn't have a connection. It's pandering and politics, sure. It has literally NOTHING to do with Farrakhan or Nation of Islam.

Rapist reaching for a knife

Sep 22, 2020, 3:00 PM

is greater than Police Officer.

Not sure I get this math, but whatever. You can die on that cross man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would matter if he was a white supremacist, and you know

Sep 22, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Holyfuckingshit. ]

it would. They met with an anti-semite racist because his accused rapist of a son got shot by police after going for a knife after he was tased. I can hear the REEEEing now if Trump met with anyone under remotely similar circumstances.

Like I said, double standard.

So just hypothetical unfairness then.

Sep 22, 2020, 3:09 PM

You could have said that to begin with and saved us both some time.

He picked a white nationalist to be a delegate from

Sep 22, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to It would matter if he was a white supremacist, and you know ]

California back in 2016 and the only reason I know about it is that I just googled "Trump meets with white supremacist" to check your theory. I know there was some buzz about his meetings at the White House with a guy who was a white nationalist and Steve Bannon was actually on his staff at one point. I don't know what reeeing is really but none of these things really prove your theory.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall he took some heat for that, and deservedly so

Sep 22, 2020, 4:16 PM

I think the excuse was they didn't vet his background enough or something. I haven't ever really figured out why Steve Bannon is considered a white nationalist/supremacist. But yeah, there was constant outrage over him being on staff until he left.

Isn't the insinuation that Trump is a racist because white supremacists support him, whether he wants them to or not? That he sends out "dog whistles" to them? But Biden and Harris can meet with a self avowed Louis Farakahn disciple and his accused rapist son, and there's no further implications to that?

He got shot by the cops...

Sep 22, 2020, 4:21 PM

it's kind of a thing for them to meet with folks who got shot by cops. Trump can go meet with the cops who shot him if he wants. I won't complain.

But the fact that he's a Farrakhan disciple is bedside the point. If he was Clayton Bigsby they'd still be meeting with him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it doesn't matter how big of a POS you or your

Sep 22, 2020, 4:33 PM

family is, if you're black and get shot by the cops you get a visit from the Democrat Presidential candidates? Even if it was arguably justified that they shot you?

I guess I didn't get the memo that this was reasonable. I'll know from now on.

GUFFAW!***

Sep 22, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Not one person answered my serious question ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oh my! Lol! Quick, Quoz...post a link and 19 paragraphs

Sep 22, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Not one person answered my serious question ]

about how The Atlantic is respected journalism!

That’s amazing. And I know the writer, and many of you believe it. Truly amazing.

null

There is a lot of truth there. Not in your

Sep 22, 2020, 12:21 PM

case. You're an exception. There are many exceptions.

Just finished the whole article. It’s TDS #### and anyone

Sep 22, 2020, 3:49 PM

who defends The Atlantic as anything more than an anti-Trump propaganda publication is in La La land. Goldberg might be a good writer, but I assume once he became the EIC, he decided it was time The Atlantic worked for his vision...which means Orange Man Bad.

null

What does he have to do to keep their vote?

Sep 22, 2020, 11:51 AM

I live in an area of plenty of the demographic you are using as an example.

Trump could come out and call them all slobbering mouth breathing idiots and they would yell yee yee, shoot their shotgun and wave his flag.

The only way he would ever lose their vote is if he switch to the dem party himself.

Their entire personality is wrapped into a political party. Being a republican around here is who you are. And now, being a Trump supporter is a major part of your life. So much so you buy flags, decals, hell I even saw a Trump/Pence doormat. Which I thought was ironic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He brought back manufacturing jobs that Obama said would

Sep 22, 2020, 11:52 AM

never be back (without the infamous "magic wand"). Got employment to an all time low. Fought back against China.

For God's sake, man HE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Would love to see some data about that manufacturing claim.

Sep 22, 2020, 5:03 PM

Manufacturing hasn’t come back. In his 3 years in office, manufacturing employment growth was about the same as under Obama. And those gains have been wiped out in the last 6 months. Before the pandemic, manufacturing was already down year over year.

And his China policy has been a disaster. If you’re content with him trying to do something with China, even though it has failed, then ok. I guess effort matters more than results with you.

Idk but I can’t figure out why

Sep 22, 2020, 11:54 AM

Sep 22, 2020, 11:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9GPD-0aMVQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying redneck like it's a bad thing?***

Sep 22, 2020, 12:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw a sign the other day that was perfect

Sep 22, 2020, 12:07 PM

"Rural, not stupid"

of course he is...stupid question deserved no answer***

Sep 22, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Are you saying redneck like it's a bad thing?*** ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Actually...you libbies in this thread are proving

Sep 22, 2020, 12:15 PM

and that is your answer...

Sep 22, 2020, 12:19 PM

1) This is a serious question: "What has Trump done to hold on to his 90% support from uneducated white rednecks?"

2) I cannot answer because I am neither "redneck" or "uneducated."

But this come across very condescending. I'm willing to bet that you don't have to be particularly educated to see through the crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Joseph is just trolling.

Sep 22, 2020, 1:28 PM

As least he's not drunk and trying to tell me how hot Pelosi would be in bed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're taking the thread too seriously. Of

Sep 22, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Actually...you libbies in this thread are proving ]

course they are millions of Trump supporters who are educated and very smart. There are also millions of uneducated Trump supporters who are very smart.

I wasn’t referring to you as a libbie

Sep 22, 2020, 12:37 PM

and today isn't the first time this has been discussed...

Sep 22, 2020, 12:46 PM

my vote for Trump isn't as much for Trump as it is against the whole attack on the the first amendment. We are continuing to cancel people and shame people for their opinions. We no longer support classic liberalism where we can freely discuss different ideas. And our media has generally become a propaganda arm of the progressive agenda.

I think this, more than any other thing, is the driving motivation for people voting for Trump. Not that they are stupid. Not that they are racist. Not that they particularly like Trump.

How do you feel about this then?

Sep 22, 2020, 12:49 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporters-try-obstruct-early-214501835.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-us/salon_articles_879/b41df0e084f4f9eb7edcf8bb0bd2b361">

well...

Sep 22, 2020, 12:59 PM

using the quozzel method, https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

I checked salon. Then I checked the second site that carried this story:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/watch-trump-supporters-descend-on-early-voters-in-virginia-and-try-to-obstruct-polling-site/

Both are leftist sites

Then I looked here

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-supporters-disrupt-early-voting-in-virginia/ar-BB19dlbb

and then here:

https://bipartisanreport.com/2020/09/19/trump-supporters-attempt-to-block-early-voters-from-entering-polling-site/

which is a questionable source....

But, aside from the terrifying picture from Salon, the other pictures seem kind of tame and non-threatening. It's really hard to tell what's going on.

However, to answer your question, I do not want anybody intimidating or keeping people from voting. If Trump supporters are doing this, they should be condemned.

Re: well...

Sep 22, 2020, 1:16 PM

Well when they vote by mail and then at the polls, of course they should be stopped from double or triple dipping

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and today isn't the first time this has been discussed...

Sep 22, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to and today isn't the first time this has been discussed... ]

Exactly. The belief in the stereotype detailed in the

Sep 22, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to and today isn't the first time this has been discussed... ]

article from The Atlantic above describes the very misconception about Trump voters that flummoxes Trump haters to this day. But you nailed it Franc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ah yes that makes sense.

Sep 22, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to and today isn't the first time this has been discussed... ]

Trump says stupid/awful things on a daily basis. The media reports on the stupid/awful thing Trump says

Trump Supporters: THEY ARE PICKING ON TRUMP!

I didn't say that***

Sep 22, 2020, 12:59 PM

Re: Ah yes that makes sense.

Sep 22, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Ah yes that makes sense. ]

How many stupid, unintelligible things does Biden say every day? Most are not reported by CNN, MSNBC, NBC and the other state run news agencies.

Then how do you know they are said by Biden

Sep 22, 2020, 1:24 PM

are you near him all the time to hear it?

Or are you making #### up?

Solid whataboutism. Totally negates all the stupid

Sep 22, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Ah yes that makes sense. ]

things the leader of the free world says daily.

Re: You're taking the thread too seriously. Of

Sep 22, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to You're taking the thread too seriously. Of ]

So are you trying to say every Biden supporter is educated? Not even close. If they were educated it would mean they would have done their homework before supporting a party that doesnt have a clue.

The failed socialist experiment of capitalist Scandinavian countries
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/seeing-the-invisible/the-failed-socialist-experiment-of-capitalist-scandinavian-countries/

Can somebody explain to me how a country can

Sep 22, 2020, 1:16 PM

fail when it still has the same governmental system the say "failed" and is still carrying on day to day operations?

YEAH WELL NORWAY'S SOCILIST SYSTEM FAILED!

And there's Norway, carrying on like normal, giving their people universal healthcare and with no revolts civil wars.

BUT THEY FAILED

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Best to conserve ammo until nov

Sep 22, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Actually...you libbies in this thread are proving ]

In case the snowflakes melt

As I type this and gaze at my chemistry degree in the wall I think to myself

Keep America great!

Don't shoot toward the house.

Sep 22, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Actually...you libbies in this thread are proving ]

My bluetick hound is under that junk car beside your garage.

an answer that you don't like/accept still qualifies....

Sep 22, 2020, 1:00 PM

as an answer.

Where is the poll or basis of your "90% uneducated white rednecks" statement?
When this poll was conducted how was it determined that these were "uneducated white rednecks"?
Does it count if they "identified" as an "uneducated white redneck" that particular day?

I think the basis and background of this poll number is more intriguing than your question.

Every one of those rednecks’ votes count just as much

Sep 22, 2020, 1:11 PM

As any high & mighty liberal’s vote......

REMEMBER THAT

Maybe some of them like tax breaks.

Sep 22, 2020, 1:32 PM

And if they do have a retirement account, that too.

Lulz on retirement accounts

Sep 22, 2020, 1:35 PM

75% of the people around me here in BFE buy 80K boats to park behind their 50K trailer. Both with 20 year 8% interest rates.

Any money they could be putting in retirement is spent on toys like golf carts, side by sides, campers, boats, etc.

Thats pretty amazing that you know what everyone does with

Sep 22, 2020, 1:55 PM

their money.

I doubt you have that much knowledge of what happens with your money.

Re: Lulz on retirement accounts

Sep 22, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Lulz on retirement accounts ]

75% of the people around me here in BFE buy 80K boats to park behind their 50K trailer. Both with 20 year 8% interest rates.

Any money they could be putting in retirement is spent on toys like golf carts, side by sides, campers, boats, etc.

That’s about the same as seeing a person in the grocery store with 2 full buggy’s of steaks and lobsters and paying for the bill with an EBT card, then loading all of the groceries in a new model Cadillac Escalade with a pot leaf sticker on the windshield. They are already starting in on their retirement account and it’s called American tax payers trust fund!

I'm sorry, Joe...

Sep 22, 2020, 2:25 PM

But you posted a serious question and expected something other than deflection, what aboutism, personal attacks, and red herrings?

How long you been on here, brother?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I thought you were leaving?***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:27 PM

Sep 22, 2020, 2:33 PM

because he is a white trash billionaire and a lot of people think his character on the apprentice is the real Donald, that and he put and R next to his name.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that Liberals say things like

Sep 22, 2020, 2:49 PM

"from uneducated white rednecks"

which demeans a huge block of the flyover states that are uneducated and are rednecks, but love their $100k year a job in the oil field or natural gas jobs in Pennsylvania or wherever.

That elitist attitude is your problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The fact that Liberals say things like

Sep 22, 2020, 4:09 PM

No shortage of left leaning elitists on this board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you seem triggered***

Sep 22, 2020, 2:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2020, 5:09 PM

gas, eggs, milk are very low cost now

thank you mr trump

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic