Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am okay if Deshaun doesn't go #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I am okay if Deshaun doesn't go #1

Apr 25, 2017, 8:23 AM

Does he deserve to, ABSOLUTELY! Does he really need to go to the browns though, H&LL no. I want DW4 on the right team and to be under the tutelage of the best coaches in the league. I do not believe Garrett is #1. I liked what Warren Sapp said about Myles Garrett, called him lazy. That reminds me of Clowney. I think Trubisky is a joke and he is gonna be a huge bust like Ryan Leaf. Deshaun deserves #1 pick money and to be picked that high, but he deserves the best team: be it the Texans, steelers, cardinals, giants, or whoever he deserves to be in a stable program that can best prepare him for the rest of his career as a franchise qb for hopefully the next 12 - 15 years. I cannot wait to see where he goes, but please dear God don't let it be Cleveland.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's a relief.***

Apr 25, 2017, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Well that's a relief.***

Apr 25, 2017, 8:33 AM

Well how do you look at it then, would you rather have an RG3 situation or Aaron Rogers? I think we know the answer there @geeville tiger.

Why can't he have a Prescott situation or clipboard jesus?

Apr 25, 2017, 2:30 PM

I'm "ok" with any of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What do you really know about Myles Garrett?

Apr 25, 2017, 8:26 AM

How would you feel about him if he were a Clemson DE?

Re: What do you really know about Myles Garrett?

Apr 25, 2017, 8:46 AM

Watch Garret's tape. Did anything stand out to you? Nothing jumps out at me like a Shaq Lawson, Daquan Bowers, Vic, Gaines Adams.

IMO, Bowers had the same issue. He flashed his last year

Apr 25, 2017, 8:55 AM

but before that he played when he "wanted" to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Apr 25, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you really know about Myles Garrett? ]

I'd take Watson over Garrett at #1 easily, but Garrett also looks great on tape to me. Extremely explosive.

Apr 25, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: What do you really know about Myles Garrett? ]

Looks like some more evidence of orange-colored glasses. Bowers and Adams were both busts. Jury is still out on Lawson. Garrett has an insane set of measurables and solid production up until last year when he played injured for most of the season. With the premium that the league puts on pass-rushers now, a DE like Garrett that can get after the QB while still being big enough to hold up against the run is extremely desirable.

As for Watson, I'd love to see him wind up in Arizona. They've got a great defense, a solid group of receivers even after Fitzgerald likely retires next year, the best RB in the league, and a solid veteran QB that will be good enough to allow Watson to sit for a year, but will likely get cut before next season unless he just has career numbers.

Apr 25, 2017, 3:40 PM

"Looks like some more evidence of orange-colored glasses. Bowers and Adams were both busts. Jury is still out on Lawson."

What does that have to do with their college tape?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I am okay if Deshaun doesn't go #1

Apr 25, 2017, 8:27 AM

If he goes to the Texans they may become my favorite team. Been a panthers fan for a while but not a fan of David Gettleman and the way he runs the team or Cam Newton

The players who DESERVE to be picked #1 are the

Apr 25, 2017, 8:55 AM

players who can step right in and play right away. The odds are way against any QB stepping right in and playing right away.

Players like Jonathan Allen, Myles Garrett and some of the DBs from Ohio State can step right in and play right away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dont want him on the Browns

Apr 25, 2017, 1:20 PM

I like Hue Jackson and think he's a good coach but he will get run out of town sooner rather than later bc I mean the Browns

I'd rather see Watson on the Texans but I don't see them trading up to get him. I see Watson going at #6 to the Jets, #13 to the Cardinals.

If by chance he slides like Aaron Rodgers did then the Texans might trade up into the high teens to get him.

Apr 25, 2017, 1:25 PM

Going #1 might have less to do with how great someone is, and more to do with the needs of the #1 picking team. Personally, first-rounders make so much money, I just don't know how critical it is to get the extra millions. Of course, some of them manage to blow thru more millions than most of us could make in 10 lifetimes.

Apr 25, 2017, 2:01 PM

Stopped reading at Myles Garrett not being #1-worthy. Come on man. We all love DW4, he is the Clemson GOAT, but there is like a 50% bust rate for first round QBs at the NFL level. You have no way of guaranteeing Deshaun will be on the right side of that probability and neither to draft scouts. Therefore they go safer with pass-rushers and offensive lineman early on. It's nothing new.

All that said, I'm certainly hoping Deshaun ends up in a good situation on a solid team. I could see him being nasty in a few years in a system like the Steelers or Cards.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic