Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not please with Fox News or any of the other media...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 423

I am not please with Fox News or any of the other media...

Oct 25, 2018, 8:34 AM

on this bomb reporting. I understand it's the big topic of the day and I appreciate that there are a limited number of ways to legitimately explore the situation but one thing really twist my screws.

First Fox, the theme seems to be 'Nobody is to blame but the guy who sent the bomb,' and 'It appears that the bombs were not intended to explode.' That my friends has not one thing to do with the terrorism which strikes the hearts of those to whom the packages were addressed. None! It also strikes terror in the hearts of other prominent Dems who are potential targets of the bomber.

Imo, it suggest that the person or group which sent these bombs really didn't want to harm anyone. I call bullchit on that. It ignores the terror which is sent through the souls of the people who had their names on the envelopes and terrorizes others who feel them may get one of those packages.

Now MSM, distracting from the terror in the hearts of all the recipients of the packages they point the finger at people who had nothing to do with this. They distract from the guilt of the one or group who does. That's cheap, lightweight and I hate the way they are dealing with it.

I also hate that they ignore the violence in the streets. When people are screaming in the faces of representatives using aggressive language and intimidating folks by invading personal space is ignored or even cheered by the MSM and declared as heroic we have taken the wrong turn. That type of aggressive behavior is terrorism. People who scream in your face intend to intimidate and terrorize just as surely as sending a package which can do no physical harm.

'Oh, they weren't going to hurt anyone by just screaming at them and forcing them to leave.' They exposed those people to the exact same physical harm as does a bomber who send a package with a bomb which won't detonate. They struck terror which cause people to wonder when they would become a target again. Many people had to hire security. Tell me what it would take to make you hire someone to protect you.

This whole, "Trump didn't do enough," is a crock too. No one knows what he's done but I heard him speak. He completely totally, condemned the person or people responsible and swore to go after the guilty with the full force of the law. It's not as if he's in the fifth grade and somebody said something nasty about his mother and the only way to defend her honor is to whip somebody's butt at recess. He did his job and is doing his job, imo. He might have said he didn't want anyone to vote for him who would do something like this but I've never heard a politician say that.

I know Trump was joking when he talked about the reporter being body slammed, so was Holder when he said 'kick em when they're down.' Neither really intended to do more than make a crowd laugh. Both were stupid and should have avoided the rhetoric. So should the View gals and other people who entertain for a living. Blowing up the whitehouse, punch the POTUS in the face, how long has it been since an actor assassinated a potus...not funny.

Now YOU, if you didn't condemn those who scream in faces, run people out of restaurants and invade personal space or any of the pieces of chits that incite this then you have no honesty within you.

This type behavior is wrong. The MSM was wrong to not condemn the rhetoric inciting incivility and violent behavior from Waters, Booker, and anyone of those hollywood people talking about violence against Trump.

If you think I lecture too much put me on ignore or show a little self discipline and don't click on my post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The person who sent them got exactly what they wanted

Oct 25, 2018, 8:38 AM

No one got hurt. Media is going into a frenzy. Fingers are being pointed.

Mission accomplished.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, he exposed some Americans to terrorism...

Oct 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

on a personal basis. He's going to get exactly what he deserves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The person who sent them got exactly what they wanted

Oct 25, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to The person who sent them got exactly what they wanted ]

The bombs were designed to explode, only to scare. The wires don't even complete a circuit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not please with Fox News or any of the other media...

Oct 25, 2018, 9:03 AM

good job OP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CT88 helps pass the time when 2 beers in at an airport bar_

Oct 25, 2018, 1:17 PM

Awaiting a flight. So TU for the lengthy discourse and endorsement of civil political processes.

CT 88 resurrects the old FOX news motto “fair and balanced” ... albeit with a conservative slant. There’s nothing wrong with that. The diminishing role of historical conservative policy (especially economic including trade, international and military) is a loss for the country.

A balanced approach is needed to the immigration issues and nationalism vs. globalism continuum. The viability of social programs like social security and Medicare need to be integrated with taxation policy. Americans in or approaching retirement are counting on these programs to various degrees.

I align with liberal positions on climate change including the human impacts and on criminal justice reform. I align with the Libertarians on legalization of marijuana and gambling.

Who the heck knows on health care and escalating costs. I have become aware that family members and friends are using provisions of Medicaid and the AHCA.

With these political positions, I “can’t get no satisfaction”. Therefore I am thankful for beer, good whiskey, music and sports to maintain a positive outlook on life. Grand kids also help.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have seen my proposal to deal with...

Oct 25, 2018, 3:42 PM

immigration reform, path to citizenship for illegals and building a wall. Not one single person gave it real consideration because everybody had to give up their precious. Forget how much benefit the average worker would get and the wave of wage increases which would travel upward toward mid management, nobody even wanted to try and pound out the details.

It was as if every poster here except me hated immigrants. There's only reason it couldn't become legislation. Obstinance born from greed. Pub because they wanted cheap slave-like labor and assure McDonalds would be filled with minimum wage hamburger flippers and the dems so they could have another lever to move minorities. Wait until minorities figure out why their wages are so low.

I need a proof reader, bad.
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Replies: 6
| visibility 423
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic