Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am hoping for a split in the GA senate races
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I am hoping for a split in the GA senate races

Nov 13, 2020, 8:32 AM

This might force Congress to work together to address the issues facing OUR country.

A split would give the Reps a 51/49 majority in the Senate. With that slim majority, they could exert some kind of control over the most liberal policies that the Dems might put forward.

But if the Reps resorted to strict obstructionist tactics or refuse to recognize reality in their positions, it would only take one reasonable Republican to shift the Senate vote to a 50/50 tie which could be broken by the VP.

With both parties in such a precarious balance, perhaps they would be more likely to start from the basic facts and seek out a reasonable compromise and consensus - and one that might be accepted by the majority of Americans.

Perhaps we might be able to move back toward a middle that most of us appreciate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably should add +1 to the 51 for Manchin***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think he flips?

Nov 13, 2020, 8:37 AM

I don't. He's a good person to be a stopper to anything nutty if Dems win both seats but he's been a bi-partisan dem for as long as my sister has been running No Labels. He was one of their first gets as a senator who would work across the aisle. Oddly a lot of the Pubs they get-get primaried.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In key votes only.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:39 AM

Sorry, I just meant effectively a +1 on certain votes.....nah, he won't flip parties. He's done too well for too long being a Dem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You think he flips?

Nov 13, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to You think he flips? ]

Your sister runs No Labels?

Wow. I've been a fan for awhile. Tell her she's got a fanboy.

Same here

Nov 13, 2020, 10:44 AM

been teaching my class about no-labels for awhile now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Probably should add +1 to the 51 for Manchin***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Probably should add +1 to the 51 for Manchin*** ]

I think Manchin stays with the Dems on most issues as long as they are being somewhat reasonable.

I feel the same way about 3 or 4 Reps. They will vote rep as long as the Reps are being somewhat reasonable.

A picture is worth 1,000 words

Nov 13, 2020, 12:29 PM

Re: I am hoping for a split in the GA senate races

Nov 13, 2020, 8:38 AM

That's sort of where I am.

I definitely do not want the Dems to have full control, but Mitch just went Full Mule on Obama and just would not move even on stuff he knew he should have either.

If you can reach Susan Collins or Mitch or even Ben Sasse, have at it...but those guys aren't going to let you spend us into the poorhouse, either.

Those kind of margins mean the Problem Solvers' Caucus gets some traction again, and we can start talking actual pragmatic solutions instead of AOC's Green New Deal loopiness...or the absolute nothing that happens when it's Mitch McConnell calling the shots.

I would strongly urge those of you who haven't seen Problem Solvers or Nolabels.org to take a look. Maybe now that extreme partisanship has failed for the moment we might give rationality a chance for a minute.

https://www.nolabels.org/

More than like +2 in one direction***

Nov 13, 2020, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GA wont split.

Nov 13, 2020, 10:41 AM

People will vote both R or both D.

We need people to vote both R and keep Congressional power divided.

The stock market has already signaled this is what they want, and it's what America needs.

Won't happen.

Nov 13, 2020, 10:44 AM

Midterms are next. Only the most fervent followers vote in midterms. By fervent I mean extreme.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Nov 13, 2020, 12:41 PM

Do we still count Romney as an (R)

Nov 13, 2020, 2:01 PM

yep.

Nov 13, 2020, 7:11 PM

I do not elect my senator to compromise, or reach across the aisle. I elect him to represent ME. If a bill needs a bunch of BS to get one or two from the other side, it’s not worth being law.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2020, 7:22 PM

keowee,

You DO understand that there are more people in your district than you, yes ?

Hopefully, your representatives understand politics better and are more mature than you.

Nov 13, 2020, 7:44 PM

Yea, but those people suck.

Really, I just think a good bill should garner better than a 51-49 vote. That’s the norm now, a tight vote with a ton of pork.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic