Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am glad Kearse is gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

I am glad Kearse is gone

Jan 13, 2016, 4:47 PM

And TJ Greene too .. Just terrible db play all season .. Possible worst I've ever seen sans M Alaxander. Kearse coulda been good but wasn't .jusg liabilitys.. Love the Tigers but it's the truth .. Natty game was a discrace for all the DBs. Mabey we can get someone who understands coverages

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMDH***

Jan 13, 2016, 4:47 PM

there were people on here during the game 2nd guessing

Jan 13, 2016, 6:22 PM

the offensive play-calling--as they've done all season long.....I suppose the fact that our 2 OC's had won 15 consecutive games slipped their mind in the heat of battle

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right! And their play calling scored 40 points Monday night!

Jan 13, 2016, 6:34 PM

40!
imagine what would have happened if they were calling plays in the Miami game. Heck, we might have scored like 58 or something. People, please.

Don't even get me started on Batson!
smdh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football knowledge is not some of these poster's strong

Jan 13, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to there were people on here during the game 2nd guessing ]

points.

Re: I am glad Kearse is gone

Jan 13, 2016, 4:48 PM

I agree. Don't know where the no fly zone came from. We had blown coverages most of the season minus Mac Island.

Still stuck on moran.***

Jan 13, 2016, 4:50 PM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Jan 13, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I am glad Kearse is gone ]

over/under 4 victories cocklover? i'll take the under for whatever your mom can loan you. pathetic. this is top 10-15 defense yearly son. fly on back now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Hate to agree with you

But Kearse and Green were liabilities in coverage all year.

Green was good in run support but Kearse fell off a cliff after the GTech game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Hate to agree with you

Jan 13, 2016, 4:49 PM

Glad I'm not the only one.

Jan 13, 2016, 6:40 PM

You are not. I'm with you both on this.

Re: Kearse is a Tiger and will still

Jan 13, 2016, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Hate to agree with you ]

Be loved but his play definitely dropped off later in the season. Just go back and watch him on each defensive play in the ACC Champ game. Not just the big missed tackle on the TD play. I hope he is successful and gets rich playing in the NFL but I worry unless he learns to display his talent on the field he may not get the opportunity he longs for. In any case I'm hoping he does well in the future.

Green was an excellent run filler***

Jan 13, 2016, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Hate to agree with you ]

Jan 13, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Hate to agree with you ]

OMG!!! Not you Tiger Woods, all this honesty and free expression....the illuminazis aren't going to like this....quick, take it back before they make the call....

still comparing folks to nazis?

Jan 13, 2016, 4:55 PM

how reasonable of you.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: still comparing folks to nazis?

Jan 13, 2016, 4:58 PM

With that mustache, you could be der Fuhrer. Nice look.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Hate to agree with you ]

Green was very good in run support but often times he bit on the playaction. that's what happened with Howards 1st TD

Jan 13, 2016, 5:57 PM

bennett: Both he and Kearse stunk the joint out in the Champ game. Both seem more intent on stopping the run than they were on learning all the responsibilities of their safety positions.

Jan 13, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Hate to agree with you ]

Kinda said similar things in another thread and I got bashed.

It's the truth

Jan 13, 2016, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Hate to agree with you ]

Greene just got lost on his assignment a couple times a game but still gave great effort. I can get past that. Kearse was a different player the second half of this season.

whole defense was awful***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This stage is often referred to as

Denial.

You'll be ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kearse sure. But green played hard as anyone on that team. He was the guy running full speed after some guy while Kearse jogged.

obvious coot typing is obvious.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There is hope: Van Smith and Dorian O'Daniel and Korrin Wiggins will be back***

Jan 13, 2016, 5:13 PM

NO

Jan 13, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to obvious coot typing is obvious.*** ]

Place on tnet for this kind of post .... Fan

Yep, not sure how Clemson even won a game this year.

Got a little lucky, I think.

???

Jan 13, 2016, 4:51 PM

Man, I am sorry to be the one to break it to you but these "Super Tiger Fans" are going to either hire someone to kill you or make you wish you were dead, I'm afraid for you....Run, take your family. H3LL I'm in danger just for replying.

I like Moon Pies. I like Cheerwine. Brad Paisley is good.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are idiots, they were bad for one big game but

on the whole they were above average players. Don't forget Kearse length and athleticism really plays dividends in run support and against teams with heavy option packages. I know they had an atrocious game in the NCG, but don't dismiss what they did do right all year to get us to 14-0. A lot of playing S is experience and it's going to be a tall task to replace all of that game knowledge.

Re: You guys are idiots, they were bad for one big game but

Jan 13, 2016, 4:55 PM

Kearse struggled in multiple games.

lazy attempt to tackle of Switzer in ACCCG could have cost us if they recovered the onside kick.

Fans have selective memories

Jan 13, 2016, 4:59 PM

It was clear he was wearing down towards the time of the ACCCG. I'm sure he made more solid plays too.

Re: Fans have selective memories

Jan 13, 2016, 5:01 PM

He played fine this season, but he wasn't himself the last half of the season. He got a 2nd round grade for a reason. 1st half of the season most mocks had him in 1st round (20-25 range). his 2nd half dropped his stock.

Re: Fans have selective memories

Jan 13, 2016, 5:02 PM

and for the record i'm a huge fan of Kearse. have been since his freshman season, but I don't know if he was hurt or what but he wasn't himself after Miami. maybe even GT when he was outstanding.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:56 PM

Yeah, we should bring Bowden back. He wouldn't have given them a spot on the roster. Clemson was a disappointment this season. I'll do you s favor and support the Tigers on your behalf so that you can pull for someone more deserving

Jan 13, 2016, 5:00 PM

You've got to be kidding me. Yeah we'll have someone to take he and Greene's place, but they were both excellent players. You have to remember we take risks and stack the box, and blitz. Sometimes you get burned, but those were few and far between. We had a great secondary, and it's hard to find someone as athletic as Kearse. He was a great tiger, and very appreciated. Remember we won 17 in a row, before Monday night.

Came here to watch the bloodbath that ensues...

[img][/img]

Thank goodness you're not blaming the bad playcalling...

Venables. I'd hate to lose him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this help our team ???

Jan 13, 2016, 5:19 PM

Come on Tigers ,., We have Recruits and Parents and players that read this stuff .,

How would you feel ,.,

Re: Does this help our team ???

Jan 13, 2016, 5:54 PM

Most of them are smart enough to smell chicken shat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Does this help our team ???

Jan 13, 2016, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Does this help our team ??? ]

They will be missed but don't think there is much if any drop off with Van Smith and Johnson. If anything they are better at playing the ball and in coverage

They are smart enough to realize South Carolina fans posting

Jan 13, 2016, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Does this help our team ??? ]

on a Tiger board. Sour grapes.

Anyone remember what round that guy Brian Dawkins was

Jan 13, 2016, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Thank goodness you're not blaming the bad playcalling... ]

drafted :) You know, arguably one of the best safeties to ever play the game?!?!

Come on now, Kearse laid it out on the line for us. He helped us to turn the corner even further in recruiting. He is one heck of a football player and has great size and athleticism! He comes from a football family!

How many of you would be psyched right now if he said he was coming back next year? I wish him all the best and only hoped that we could have him play one more year!

For some perspective....

5 All time Eagles Pick... Brian Dawkins

Like Westbrook, reading contemporary accounts of Brian Dawkins around the draft is a laugh. Vito Stellino didn't even discuss him in his 1996 draft review, but did focus on Bobby Hoying, taken over 20 picks after Dawkins. In his draft preview, Bill Plashcke wrote:

2. Brian Dawkins, Clemson--Has the hands of a running back, which is where brother Ralph played for Louisville several years ago. He made the honor roll but, interestingly enough, scouts wonder if he is smart enough.
Safe to say he was. An iconic player, no Eagles draft pick played more games for the Birds than the great Brian Dawkins. Not bad for the last pick of the 2nd round

CJ Gaddis left Clemson early too-

Jan 13, 2016, 5:39 PM

Went to Eagles. Heard a few years ago he was waiting tables at a Chili's

Don't think he played a down

Time will tell about Green

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow down fellows.

Jan 13, 2016, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Thank goodness you're not blaming the bad playcalling... ]

I was poking fun at the OP. I thought the OP's statement was ridiculous and drove it into the ground making that point. As if anyone would consider firing BV!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 5:40 PM

Kearse best game was Gerogia Tech. Sucked after that.

Sour grapes and poor form to boot. We'll miss these guys.***

Jan 13, 2016, 6:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yep...did you see all those tackles Greene had in the 2nd half of the ACCCG?

Jan 13, 2016, 6:30 PM

And blown coverages. It was like he wasn't even on the field or something.

We lost so many games because those two sucked so bad. What was it? Like 9 or something? Oh wait. It was the coots who lost 9. My mistake.

No matter how bad a player does, I just don't get fans...

Jan 13, 2016, 6:55 PM

who call a player out like this. Kearse has done a great service to the program even though his performance of the 2nd half of this season was not we hoped for.

I wish north in bug the best for Mr. Kearse.

What people fail to realize

Jan 13, 2016, 7:01 PM

All season long Clemson didn't have Korin Wiggins. Wiggins and Kearse both used to work either side of the field. With both of them there it was nasty. Look at the number of interceptions both of them have compared to Alexander. I can't even recall one interception from Alexander. Just sayin...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

You are not a Clemson fan***

Jan 13, 2016, 9:07 PM

Yeah, he probably is a Clemson Fan.

Jan 13, 2016, 10:34 PM

We have a few who would bich if you hung them with a new rope.

Jan 13, 2016, 11:00 PM

You are over indexing on a poor performance in the natty. For the most part they had a good year.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic