Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Enjoy the Journey: Clemson football putting up rare numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Enjoy the Journey: Clemson football putting up rare numbers

Oct 12, 2016, 7:01 AM

Enjoy the Journey: Clemson football putting up rare numbers

The Clemson football program is in the middle of several streaks, streaks that highlight the consistency that head coach Dabo Swinney strives to achieve. It's a winner, and it's already been one heck of a journey. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice job, as usual, David.

Oct 12, 2016, 7:12 AM

Really enjoy your insight into the Tigers. I, for one, have really enjoyed the past couple of years-- one game at a time.

Having grown up in a Clemson family, and having been a Tiger football fan for over 60 years through good times and bad, these last few years with Dabo at the helm have truly been a privilege! Younger fans don't realize what special times we are currently going through, so let's enjoy and encourage all involved to keep it going!

Go Tigers!

ps-- I just hate that it was Kornblut that pointed it out to you! LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC winning streak was 81-84

Oct 12, 2016, 7:50 AM

We lost to georgia tech and maryland in 84

Great article

Oct 12, 2016, 8:08 AM

I personally have been savoring every second of these last couple seasons. Heck ive been trying to find a way to halt time and trying to find a way to hibernate from jan-aug just to hurry the season back up. I along with every other fan will continue to be rhe Tigers biggest fans. Go Tigers! ! ! 15-0 this season!

Okay, but the non-national championship winning streak

Oct 12, 2016, 8:08 AM

is a stretch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is one of only two ...

Oct 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

Clemson is one of only two that had to risk a loss in the national championship game.

Even though it's a bit of a stretch (as are a great many "Tim Bourett" type stats) it still flies because the playoff era mandates that the better your record, the higher the chance for a loss to end the season.

Going undefeated and having that streak carried over into the next season will become rarer and rarer in the future.

Pffft, yeah, everyone does that.

Oct 12, 2016, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Okay, but the non-national championship winning streak ]

Winning at our pace is no big deal.Piece of cake.

Thank you David, Nikki and the TNET media team...

Oct 12, 2016, 8:24 AM

For doing what you do. Every day during the football season you afford we fans with insight and perspective on the team and the program. It generates excitement for what's next week in and week out. And it also generates plenty of comments as you note - some of which offer good insight, or "attaboys", or complaints, or silly comments. Heck, some even generate arguments that I often wonder if they are taken "off site"! There are very few programs that have a place to visit like Tigernet. While there will always be complainers and applauders, at the end of the day, I'm sure that most visitors fully appreciate having this place to visit. Thank you all for what you do - I for one am very appreciative! Go Tigers!

Re: Thank you David, Nikki and the TNET media team...

Oct 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

I second that emotion!

Re: New Story: Enjoy the Journey: Clemson football putting up rare numbers

Oct 12, 2016, 8:27 AM

:)

Oct 12, 2016, 8:29 AM

Well said !! There have been so so years and down right bad years in Clemson's football past. During those times having a program and a coaching staff like what we enjoy now was only something to dream about.
There are many programs that have a year or two that are their "Golden Age" ( the school in Columbia is a perfect example) only to return to door mat status. There are very few programs that reach the summit and stay there for any length of time. What sets them apart is the time it takes them to return there once they slide. AND the class with which they conduct themselves both on the way down and on the way back up.
The culture that Dabo and Co are building is one that will stand the test of time. It will withstand the eventual slide and not take 30 years to return to the summit.

Great. Now you jinx us with unranked NC State coming to Death Valley.***

Oct 12, 2016, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Your word "jinx" STINX!***

Oct 12, 2016, 9:16 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 8:42 AM

So true. I really am tired of people fussing about winning. It started with the decision not to kick the field goal at Auburn, continued with the lackluster win against Troy, and reached mammoth heights in one quarter in Atlanta. All of them wins, but all tinged with "issues". I have been going to Death Valley since the early 70s and have watched a lot of games that we should have won but lost, a lot of games that we were supposed to win and did, and a lot of games that we won based on simply playing at home in DV. I was in Miami in '81, was in Jacksonville for both the Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb massacres, was in Miami for the WV nightmare, was in Atlanta for the beginning of the Les Miles demise, was in the Valley for the hurricane, was in the desert for the Natty, and have been at every game, home and away, this year. I have enjoyed every second of it, no matter the score, the coach, or the opponent. Yes, I have enjoyed the last 2 years more than others because this is a special time. What most don't realize is that Clemson is becoming what Alabama is. Yes we will lose eventually but I don't think it will be this year. And it might not be next year. But just enjoy the dang ride and when we do lose, be thankful of what has happened. Most of all, STOP FUSSING ABOUT THE WINNING.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 8:59 AM

I am amazed at some fans who cannot enjoy the moment. Thanks for reminding us the remarkable record for Tiger football for the past
7 years.

Special Times Indeed!!!

Oct 12, 2016, 9:16 AM

There are a whole lot of people that know more about football than me ... the sport I played at Clemson is the 'other' futbol ... way back in the day, but I'm certainly a Clemson Football fan! :)

I also was at the Orange Bowl when we won the 1981 National Championship ... what a time it was, and we'd all LOVE another one!!

But the state of the program now, I believe, with the coaching staff, the players, the facilities, support by the administration and fans, is better than it ever has been ... and we should soak it all in and enjoy this moment.

I think sometimes people are looking for perfect games, and many have their 'coaching hats' on. I've coached soccer over the years and look at the game differently when coaching, than when I'm a fan.

I've made my transition from a 'coach' to a 'fan' during this ride we're on, and I'm enjoying it so much more!! :D

Thanks Dabo et Co. for creating an Elite Program here at Clemson -- and I'm talking about off the field as well. The wins are great, and I love them ALL, but the way we are winning -- recruiting, teaching, and sometimes even correcting our high-character, quality student-athletes excites me even more.

GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 12, 2016, 9:24 AM

Nice one. I get tired of the complaining about game decisions(kick a field goal or not kick a field goal). Who cares about what uniform the team will wear - that is in the past and is for losers. Yes, who cares about who is or is not playing - that is the coaches decision. Just enjoy the time. National championship? - yea, we'll get one. Will it be this year? Maybe, maybe not. If not this year, it will be soon. Just enjoy the wins and the status this program has attained.

Oct 12, 2016, 9:30 AM

Great and timely article. Thanks!

I am enjoying and appreciate these notes to remind us.***

Oct 12, 2016, 9:37 AM

Oct 12, 2016, 9:37 AM

And 1-0 in regular-season games played on a Friday!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 11:40 AM

Not the first Friday game, just the first in a long time.

null

Oct 12, 2016, 10:37 AM

I personally have enjoyed watching every step of Dabo's process of taking our team from where it was when he took it over to where he has brought to. The Dabo HC era has been special and fun for me to watch!!! The fun is in the winning, and Dabo has just gotten the big time fun started, I believe there is lots more coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2016, 11:26 AM

Being from Alabama and living in the current bamafever, I noticed David said teams not named Alabama, but even the mighty fall if you follow the Tide from 94 till Nick came to town in O6" Even the Mighty Tide didn't fair to well. I'm a long time Clemson fan, born there to a student in 1960 and lived in Alabama all my life and I am enjoying being on top........ even in this state.

Nice article

Oct 12, 2016, 12:31 PM

It really is a special time. Go Tigers!!

Enjoy it!

Oct 12, 2016, 1:48 PM

It's all fun and games until Dabo leaves...??

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic