Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to the Dabo lovers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1,855

Question to the Dabo lovers...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:26 AM

So there is no one you would trade Dabo for?

Are you kidding?

Saban, Stoops, Briles?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question to the Dabo lovers...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:31 AM

Not a "Dabo lover", more a Clemson fan that supports whoever is coaching/playing for my favorite team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So your input doesn't matter in this thread***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:42 AM

Go away. Thanks.***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Go away. Thanks.***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:42 AM

seconded, and amen.

Who cares? Stand up for your team!***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:33 AM

null

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares? Stand up for your team!***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:36 AM

I support the Tigers, but I am a realist, and will "stand up for my beliefs".

Do you believe in Clemson? Do you believe in the magic of

Nov 19, 2014, 8:37 AM

Death Valley? I wonder.

Nov 19, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Who cares? Stand up for your team!*** ]

A "realist" that thinks we can get Saban. Ok.

More like a fruitcake

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Who cares? Stand up for your team!*** ]

you must you responded to the post.

Nov 19, 2014, 8:36 AM

Some of you don't appreciate what we have and are very vocal about your hate. What makes you think we could even attract one of those afore mentioned coaches? Some fans are under the illusion that we can have anybody we want. Why would anyone place themselves and their families in a place where they would be treated like crap if they ever dare have a difficult season or come to a school in a weak conference like the ACC. Dabo and this team deserve better than some of you are giving out. I just hope you don't run off a great staff.

So...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:41 AM

If you are a fan and you never express your opinion about your team and coaches and you are always behind your guy no matter who it is, then we would still have Red Parker or West or Bowden or Hatfield.

There would never be a change till the guy died or left on his own.

Look at the records and tell me the difference between

Nov 19, 2014, 8:46 AM

Parker, Hatfield, West, and Bowden and Dabo 6 years in. Look at the bowl games won. Look at the championship games. See. Or are you blind.

Re: So...

Nov 19, 2014, 8:47 AM [ in reply to So... ]

I'm not suggesting you never change coaches. Just that this one does not need replacing at this point. We've had more success under Dabo than we have had since Ford. Those are facts. Why would we replace that?

Now, if he has several seasons where he only wins 6,7 games then we can talk. And Dabo would be the first to say he would deserve replacing if that happened. But right now it's crazy to even think about a change IMO.

And having your opinion is fine but I just don't agree with it. And that's my opinion.

we are not all willing to sell our soul to the devil for a

Nov 19, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to So... ]

few more wins. There are coaches that have better records that I would NO WAY NO HOW support coming to Clemson and slurrier and saban lead the list by a WIIIIIDE margin. You will se what I mean now that things are starting to unravel with the Carolina program, it is about to get ugly. Come back and tell us how much you love slurrier then.

Re: we are not all willing to sell our soul to the devil for a

Nov 19, 2014, 9:33 AM

Stoops? They lose 3 games every year. We are ranked ahead of OU.

Nov 19, 2014, 8:41 AM

Not gonna get any of those coaches. It's not reality.

Reality is we have a great coach and program. We don't need a new coach. We're a much better program than we have been in a long time with Dabo. I'm all in.

A good season this year with tons of adversity, injuries, etc. We have a chance to have our fourth straight 10 win season. I'd say Dabo has delivered. Talk of replacing him to me is unbelievable.

Not saying to get rid of him.

Nov 19, 2014, 8:44 AM

Just saying, we have a right to express whatever we believe about the guy and a program.

By the way, we can't get rid of him even if we wanted to, and Dabo knows it.

Thanks D-Rad.

Re: Not saying to get rid of him.

Nov 19, 2014, 9:07 AM

So, in reality, per 'Thanks, D-Rad', you are looking to get rid of him. You live your life by the 'grass is greener elsewhere', don't you? Otherwise, why even broach such an insane topic as this? Opinion is one thing, but it should be based in some semblance of reality and acknowledge what's been accomplished. Your's lacks both. It's simply inflammatory.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the point of such a stupid question?

Nov 19, 2014, 8:49 AM

I'd prefer a Danny Ford/Bear Bryant/Vince Lombardi DNA-spliced hybrid.

But I think Dabo is becoming a great coach and he understands the big picture in regards to coaching and mentoring young men. We have and are going to continue to win a lot of games with Dabo.

I've been going to games since 1987 so I know first hand we can do a lot worse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's the point of such a stupid question?

Nov 19, 2014, 9:03 AM

I have been going to games since 1958 and I also know we can do a lot worse. Any team that had the injuries we have had would suffer. All you experts who think you know who would be our best option have never seen one practice or looked at one game film.
If you are so smart, why aren't you making big bucks coaching football???

Nov 19, 2014, 8:49 AM

I rather have a question for YOU Sir??

Why pose this STUPID question??

I am a Dabo supporter 100% and here's why:

1. He runs our program with honesty, charecter and integrity! Period

2. He CARES about the kids he is coaching, mentoring and molding to be young MEN for life after football.

3. He loves Clemson University and represents his University the right way. See point #1 if you need further clarification.

4. He is recruiting at an insane level and bringing in kids who are of good charecter and weeding out the ones (Bellamy, Kelly, Priester, etc.) that aren't

Winning is important to all of the true fans here, but it's not the only thing. Yes, he loses some big games....ALL COACHES do!

Because of his charecter, his love for our University and that fact that he puts up with NO BS and is teaching his young men to be MEN....I wouldn't trade him for Saban, Myer, stoops and especially not Fisher!

Those qualities are rare, and we are lucky to have him!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what, exactly, is a Dabo lover?***

Nov 19, 2014, 8:51 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I think Dabo is a heck of a coach, i think our issue this

Nov 19, 2014, 9:03 AM

year is we found out we may have one of the most over rated offensive coordinators in the country in my opinion...no excuse if you are a great coach and one of the highest paid OC that we cant find SOME WAY to move the ball or get our qbs in a rhythm with easy passes like every other school in America, like I have said before was sucks about it is we aren't playing the Bama defenses of the world...we are playing teams we should still be able to move the ball on. Anyone can call an offense with TB, Sammy, Bryant, Nuk, Ellington, McDowell, and some of these great players...but when it comes down to Xs and Os with equal talent than others (well I still believe we are more talented than every team we play besides FSU) he just cant make the adjustments to get it done.

Re: I think Dabo is a heck of a coach, i think our issue this

Nov 19, 2014, 9:48 AM

Your great coach hired him.

Or did you forget that?

Re: I think Dabo is a heck of a coach, i think our issue this

Nov 19, 2014, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I think Dabo is a heck of a coach, i think our issue this ]

not sure we have more talent than Ga but I sure agree that out O/C should have found a way a long time ago to remedy this pitiful OFF we are playing with..ALSO, the complete failure of the COACHES to recruit Q/b`s so that we are never in this MESS!!I know that not every Q/B is capable to play @ the level required bur if we had (say 6) probably some of them would talented enough to play.. plain and simple.... COACHES RESPONSIBILITY

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been following and loving Clemson football for 48 yrs....

Nov 19, 2014, 9:06 AM

Guys like this poster confirm that we have a much higher percentage of dumbbutts than
we have ever had.

Re: Been following and loving Clemson football for 48 yrs....

Nov 19, 2014, 9:09 AM

Blame it on the interwebs...it gives false courage and makes wizards of a lot of Oz-balls. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been following and loving Clemson football for 48 yrs....

Nov 19, 2014, 9:15 AM

got you by 3 years. 51 here. we and i have to hope every fan base has a small percentage of people that are pathetic losers. fact of life these days unfortunately.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 9:16 AM

Right now, I'm incredibly frustrated with our program and the continued direction under Stoudt. I've been pretty vocal on here and honest with my feelings regarding a team that I've loved my entire life. I do question some of the playcalling and decisions he's made, but I'm cynical by nature and question everyone and everything. I was confused when we picked up a HS coach to run our offense, and equally confused when he named Venables to head up the defense - but Dabo proved me wrong both times, and looking back I think they're both excellent hires (and based on the sharks that form in the water every time a coach is fired, don't think I'm alone in that assessment). He's loyal, passionate, energetic and runs a clean program. Yea, I'd bench Stoudt and start Schuessler this week - but that's not my decision, and like most of the decisions he's made, he's proven me wrong a time or two. So, all that being said, I wouldn't get rid of Dabo for the world. If he were to leave, there's some coaches I'd love to see come here (Les Miles for one), but get rid of him? Absolutely not.

I am a Dabo lover, also a Bowdwn, West ,Hatfield ,Ford, Pell

Nov 19, 2014, 9:20 AM

Parker , Ingram and Howard and thats just football. If Donna Pelosi is named the next football coach at Clemson, I will pull for her , too. Dabo, we are behing you all the way. Go Tigers!

Re: I am a Dabo lover, also a Bowdwn, West ,Hatfield ,Ford, Pell

Nov 19, 2014, 9:50 AM

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

You will accept mediocrity because it's Clemson.

I expect the best, because it's Clemson.

Re: I am a Dabo lover, also a Bowdwn, West ,Hatfield ,Ford, Pell

Nov 19, 2014, 11:20 AM

Why do you expect anything? what have you ever done that entitles you to anything. I get so tired of all you wanna be important people always yapping about what you deserve and expect. If you do not like the product go elsewhere that is your right and I wish you would exersise it!

When Saban offers to come coach us we can have this talk

Nov 19, 2014, 10:38 AM

Which means never. Dabo signed a ridiculous extension. What was it? 20 years? He's going to be here forever. Just accept it and move on with your life. You'll be happier. I promise.

Nov 19, 2014, 11:01 AM

You Mention 3 coaches. I assume you think they are the three best sense you mentioned them. Saban is great but He has the advantage of coaching Alabama & LSU before that and even with all the built in advantages those programs afford him he does not win the national title every year.
Stoops is a great coach but he has not one a national title in a long long time not even the big twelve that much despite all the recruiting advantages and the pollsters ranking them highly each year regardless.
Briles is a good coach he has brought Baylor from obscurity but he has not won any championships and his record id not any better if as good as Dabo's.
I am not knocking any of those guys they are great but Dabo has done an excellent job and the future looks even brighter
Plus Dabo brings as much off the field as he does on.
I say lets Keep Dabo over anybody

Replies: 34
| visibility 1,855
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic