Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strikeouts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,262

Strikeouts

Feb 16, 2019, 7:31 PM

I know it’s early. It’s really early. But I was really hoping to see a different approach from the tiger hitters this year that would cut down on the strikeouts because we aren’t going to be able to depend on the homer as much this year. We need to put the ball in play to manufacture runs.

Well there have already been a ton of strikeouts. A ton. A lot of backwards k’s. That’s not going to cut it this year.

And again, I understand it’s the third game out of 56. But I’m seeing the same approach since 2016 when Lee was hired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you

Feb 16, 2019, 7:37 PM

Still too many long swings and being fooled with 2 strikes. Not putting the ball in play is frustrating.

Re: Strikeouts

Feb 16, 2019, 7:40 PM

Spot on. Winning is fun but we’ve got to improve in this one category that has kept us from a super for years now

Feb 16, 2019, 7:59 PM

And just when we need to manufacture a run, with a runner on third with one out in the bottom of the ninth. When all we need is contact. A tiger hitter watches strike 3 go right down the heart of the plate. I mean center cut. Then the next guy strikes out and game over.

Feb 16, 2019, 8:01 PM

Which is why I don’t care if it’s esrly or not. You either want to hit or u don’t. If anything I could see guys being over aggressive because they’re excited for the start of the season, were the opposite.

Feb 16, 2019, 8:02 PM

tell it mpt

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,262
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic