Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Louisville

Jul 2, 2017, 10:18 AM

They lost a lot of production from last year. Top two running backs gone, top two receivers gone, top two tight ends gone, and the line; which sucked last year, lost the center and both guards. I dont see Action Jackson being able to make much out of that. We were a bad throw from Deshaun away from having a 35-10 lead at halftime last year. We were playing without Renfrow, and with Wilkins at DE. I know Wilkins is a freakish athlete, and did a masterful job out there, but with prototypical DEs we contain Jackson a little better in the second half. We play them week 3 and i can bet 42 and 90 will eat up that new set of guards. We will see, but i dont think they will score 36 this time around. I say the Tigers take care of them pretty easily. 31-10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Last year proved LJ can't consistently do it all

Jul 2, 2017, 10:47 AM

Once they started having some injuries, they struggled. Especially on Defense and don't forget they lost their DC Grantham.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hope you're right but once things are explained away they've

Jul 2, 2017, 10:52 AM

Played us close each year. So it will still be onenim nervous about. I think we have the best roster and the best coaches so I think we should win but I'll be sweating til either the end or until up 3 tds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville

Jul 2, 2017, 11:08 AM

New defensive coordinator on the other side, as well as the UGA transfer safeties are gone, too. CBs are back but will they have similar production under the new DC? I am not sure how well they have recruited in the front seven.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you.

Jul 2, 2017, 11:55 AM

Last year Louisville looked like a really good Paul Johnson team without all the cutblocks and the A & B backs. Our LBs will need to be on top of their game and ready to run a lot!

Across the board, we are far more talented than Louisville.

Jul 2, 2017, 12:19 PM

And deeper. Jackson is very dangerous and can make up for a lot of that, but it won't be nearly enough. IF (big IF) our QB play is good, we beat them handily.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Across the board, we are far more talented than Louisville.

Jul 2, 2017, 1:11 PM

yeah and we were against Pitt too. We have to bring it regardless of our talent because others sure will when they play us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course.***

Jul 2, 2017, 4:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Across the board, we are far more talented than Louisville.

Jul 2, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Across the board, we are far more talented than Louisville. ]

Completely agree.

If we go with Bryant, games will remain closer than they really need to be.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Louisville

Jul 2, 2017, 12:26 PM

Yes. Glad someone saw the same game I did last year. We got away with one in 2014. And as much heat as Kearse has taken on here for his 2015 performance that man saved the game for us that year. 2015 & 2016 we played down to them big time. 2016 should have been a blowout. Our two programs seem to be headed in different directions in terms of talent. Our game with them this year should look a lot like their game vs Houston last year. You take away LJ's ability to run he will not beat you with his arm alone. All that to say that this is just preseason talk and none of us know much yet for sure. One thing I can tell you is that our defense should be ready for him.

24-20 Tigers notch another last minute come behind win

Jul 2, 2017, 12:33 PM

Once again TigerNet collective wisdom is wrong regarding margin of victory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way we win by 3 TDs

Jul 2, 2017, 3:06 PM

Odds on that would be like 50-1

Most importantly, most all of Strong's guys are gone.

Jul 2, 2017, 3:29 PM

Now they're down to the type of guys that Petrino attracts. There's a world of difference between those two types.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic